• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Your minimal requirements for a successful season 14/15 ed

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Re: Your minimal requirements for a successful season 14/15

Uncle Mike said:
Finishing 3rd, retaining the FA Cup, and reaching the Semifinals of the CL would make the Wenger Outers look like idiots.

That is my minimum requirement: Making the Wenger Outers look like idiots.

You're peeping your head out of the cave Uncle Mike....;) Hibernation over?

scytheavatar

Established Member

Honestly, since the title is probably beyond our reach I just hope we can get a decent run in the CL and prove that we can knock out some of the big hitters in it. Has been quite a while since I remember us getting far in the CL. Just that is enough for me to consider this season an improvement from last.

blaze_of_glory

I really, really want us to repeat as FA Cup champions now. Anything else will feel like a failure given the teams remaining.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli

FA Cup and 3rd place for me, then win the charity shield next season. Wouldn't mind a CL either :wink:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

I can honestly say only a CL triumph can make this season a success, or be deemed as 'improvement'.

We are favourites for the cup earlier than we were last year, and we're out of the title race already. Retaining the FA cup and coasting home into 3rd or 4th over Man Utd and S'oton cant really be improvement, considering we were top for a million days last season and won the fecking cup, playing better football in the process.

What's the point in factoring in injuries and bad luck to make it seem better?

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse

Retain the Cup, grab 3rd place trophy & 1/4 finals at least in the CL would be a good season for sure. Add to that good performances at UTD and against Chelsea & Liverpool at home and I'd be happy like Larry.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

^^ :lol: I see where you're coming from RWA.

Its not like anyone will be sat with their arms crossed nodding in disapproval as we raised the cup aloft at Wembley again. Nobody will be sat there with a pen and pad citing how we didnt tick certain boxes so bollocks to this!

The fan in us all will be saying "****ing brilliant, now lets win the league next season, upwards and onwards! We go AGAIN!" etc. :lol:

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

The Jury said:
^^ :lol: I see where you're coming from RWA.

Its not like anyone will be sat with their arms crossed nodding in disapproval as we raised the cup aloft at Wembley again. Nobody will be sat there with a pen and pad citing how we didnt tick certain boxes so bollocks to this!

The fan in us all will be saying "******* brilliant, now lets win the league next season, upwards and onwards! We go AGAIN!" etc. :lol:
Speak for yourself. :evil:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

:lol: Dont get me wrong lad, the pen and pad will come out the next day. I'll go to war with my sawn-off 12 bore qwerty too, staying true to my keyboard commando ways :D

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

:lol:

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless

3rd place and a strong showing in Europe

or

Another FA cup.

Lakersgooner24

Established Member

FA Cup + QF in the CL + 4th is the bare minimum.

I'd be happy with FA Cup, SF in CL, and 3rd.

The_Roadrunner

Burned Out

Lakersgooner24 said:
FA Cup + QF in the CL + 4th is the bare minimum.

I'd be happy with FA Cup, SF in CL, and 3rd.

It'd be good to win another FA Cup to build the expectation of winning trophies in the players.

3rd is also good to avoid the CL playoff Aug. matches.

I am okay to just go out in QF in CL this year if it means FA Cup and 3rd and having a platform to go further in the CL next year.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

Its adjusting again for me.

With the FA Cup so close again it has to be that now, for minimum success, along with 4th.

Dream scenario/best we could hope for...

FA Cup win
3rd in league
Semi final qualification.

dbig

Guess any cup will do since we haven't any chance to win the league.

And CL qualification.

Iceman10

Established Member

Well I'm not going to shift what I said last summer anyway, which was top 4, ideally top 3 ahead of United (one more season of consolidation). Always said next season (2015/16) was the season where the squad would be in a position to genuinely challenge City and Chelsea with new players brought in recently fully settled in and integrated for the PL.

Expectations were high on the back of last season but last season we benefited from new manager transitions for City, Chelsea, and United, and arguably overperformed initially due to a fixture list that allowed us to get good momentum early. It's not just a money thing but also that it's been less than three seasons since letting JvP and Nasri go, which was on top of Cesc and Song the summer before (although I didn't have much problem with the departure of Song at the time). Our current array of attacking talent is arguably back to one of the best now (comparatively and historically), at least in terms of potential, bar perhaps a top clinical goalscorer for CF.

Cup competitions will be a bonus and I neglected to build them into expectations, apart from saying AW should win the PL and/or CL before his current three season contract is up because that would be on the back of 3+ summers of competitive spending power. Domestic cups (FAC, COC) should always be coming in at a decent rate, and we really should have had a few between the FA Cup wins in 2005 and 2014.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator

As it's always been with post World Cup-seasons, we've suffered from injuries and fatigue (physical and mental). I don't think expecting a challenge for the title was realistic under these circumstances, especially when you consider that Wenger brought a couple of players in last summer as well.

We all knew it was going to take some time until all comes together. Wenger extended that process by changing too much of our setup at the start of the season, but a big part of our poor last half of 2014 is down to post-WC effects and the transfer window.

I really hope the team is settled now and knows what it takes for the last couple of months this season. It's an important stage of the team's development now, as well as for the club and our ambition.

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan

Minimum expectation - the Quadruple:
- Community Shield
- FA Cup
- Premier League
- Champions League

VancouverCanuck

SiMamu said:
Minimum expectation - the Quadruple: