• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Your Predictions for Next Season

otfgoon

Established Member
The premier league is probably what everyone want to win especially with Chelsea dominating. I think it is possible as long as we start well and get our conifidence. My only worry is will the young players like Eboue, Senderos, Fabregas et al be able to cope with the pressure? This factor makes the season quite unpridictable, but in terms of quality I think we have more than enough quality to mount a tittle challenge, even if Chelsea have a group of 'stars'.

The other competition that we all want to desparetly win is the Champions League, especially after coming so close last year. It might be much harder this season to progress as teams will probably respect us more which could be a bad thing. But hopefully the determination to make up for last years failure will help drive the team to the trophy.

Predictions:

League: 2nd - I think we will put up a good fight this year and we may see one of the best tittle fight for a long time if we, utd and pool make a couple of signings.

CL: Win - Optimistic, but I think we can go all the way again as it looks like we finnally beleive in ourselfs. Unpredictable though.

FA Cup: 5th Round - Dont think the players have the drive and determination to go out and win it anymore after a lot of success in it for the past few years.

League Cup: Final - think if we keep our young players like Walcott and Bendtner we can go far again.

kel varnsen

Established Member
league : 4th
we are still a few players short of competing with chelsea, man u and liverpool. we'll once again battle it out for fourth with Sp**s...

cl : semi final
fa cup : 5th round
league cup : semi final

performance wise:
will be very inconsistant. from brilliant to abysmal; depending on who's injured and form. will reflect the fact that our squad is too thin...

awooga83

Established Member
League : I feel next season we will be aiming to restore ourselves at 2nd as i think we our quite short of being able to challenge for the title but getting back close to United and Liverpool and above them should be the aim.

CL : Semi final we must build on this years progress

FA Cup : Not too sure how well we will do but i will say quarters, depends on our squad at the time

League Cup : Final with our youth team/reserves with a bit of luck.

Jimbo14

The Top 4 this season will go;

1. chel$ki
2. Arsenal (yaay)
3. L'pool
4. Manure

The Champions league we will get to the semis.

The FA cup we will win

The league cup an early exit.

Bazza19

chelsea
liverpool
arsenal
united

FA cup.. winners

cl... quarters.

i wouldnt a season like this as long as we win something and preform in the rest

dublingunner

Established Member
I can't believe we'll do as badly next year in the PL. We're over the Vieira hump. Henry's future is in no doubt. Our young players are another year older, many have world cup experience now and they're not going to be over-awed or let anyone muscle them out of it this season. Rosicky adds more quality to our midfield and him being there is going to push the likes of Hleb and especially Reyes harder.

I think we'll finish above Manu, they're a team with alot of problems atm, I think it'll be close between us and Liverpool for 2nd. In the CL, I can't see us getting to the final again. Not because we don't have the quality, but because as Wenger himself said, it takes alot of luck to get there. In the FA cup, we're due a good showing. I'd back us to get to the final again. League cup, who knows.

the dawn raids

Established Member
id still like to see who we pick up (or lose, from the way this Cole mess is shaping up) before i think about predictions. theres still a month and a half left until the window closes, and a full month until the season starts. plus, to see who we start out the season missing (Senderos, Diaby, Henry, etc.).

N!

We will win the Prem next season.

Because... every time i go on a proper holiday (i.e. on a plane) we always win it.

'97-'98 - went to Australia for a month
'01-'02 - went to America for 2 weeks
'03-'04 - went to Australia for a month again
'06-'07 - going to Gran Canaria for 2 weeks

but i shouldn't get my hopes up.

Jimbo14

Next season id like us to beat manure, just because it seems ages since we got one over them, & its depressing since there's so many plastic man u fans out there!!
and i hate them almost as much as i hate tottenham fans!!

>YounGunner<

Established Member
League : I'm not sure for me its hard to decide because imo you can only make a prediction once all the transfers are done we could end up buying a few world class plays and everyone will change their view. So i'm undecided. Nothing less then 2nd place is what i hope for though.

CL : Winner. Inter Milan are the only top Italian team in the CL who we can beat imo and we coped well with the spanish teams last season. With a bit of luck i reckon we can go all the way this time. Our biggest threat will come from an english team like Man Utd or Chelsea who we always struggle to beat these days. Barcalona and Real Madrid are beatable imo.

FA Cup : Depends on how far we go in the CL league if we get out of that then i think we can win this but if we are still in the CL then Wenger might not take this as seriously.

League Cup : Final this time we can go all the way we have top youngsters and after getting knocked out harshly we might have luck on our side this time. I dont think we will win it if we get a big team in the final as we would trust our youngsters while other teams will play their first 11.

otfgoon

Established Member
we are still a few players short of competing with chelsea, man u and liverpool. we'll once again battle it out for fourth with Sp**s...

Sorry, cant agree. Our team is stronger than Utd. Scholes, Giggs are past it. O'Shea, Fletcher, Park are nothing special and Ronaldo isnt any better than Hleb. Up top Henry > Rooney, RvP >/= Saha and Horseface is going. Utd arnt stronger than us.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
my predictions:

league - 2nd or 3rd (1st is not impossible but it will be very very hard)

CL - semi final, but hey who knows we'll play in the final again right?

FA cup - champions!

league cup - semi

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

kel varnsen said:

performance wise:
will be very inconsistant. from brilliant to abysmal; depending on who's injured and form. will reflect the fact that our squad is too thin...

Out of curiousity Kel , and if you can be bothered what players in your opinion would put us up to 1st or 2nd?

asajoseph

Established Member
I reckon Kel's just about right - but it could all change if Wenger makes a couple of smart moves between now and the start of the season. A cracking first XI, but much, much too weak a squad will mean that consistant performances over 38 games will be more than we can manage.

kel varnsen

Established Member
celestis said:
kel varnsen said:

performance wise:

Out of curiousity Kel , and if you can be bothered what players in your opinion would put us up to 1st or 2nd?

diarra and a top class central defender. maybe meira or cannavaro... then i reckon we could put up a decent challenge and maybe even win the premiership, given a bit of luck.

lijo47

i dont think we will go empty handed again.F.A is a realistic chance.

Hey but we cant stop dreaming can we?
A TREBLE would be great :whistling

Lukazan

Established Member
Premiership: 4th, unless we make one or two more decent signings.

CL: Quarter final.

FA Cup: Semi final.

League Cup: Semi or Final, perhaps winning it.

famous no 10

Established Member
Prem: at the moment, 3rd...with a couple of class signings: 2nd.

Cups: too unpredictable, but we're good enough to pick one up.

Cl: at least the quarter finals, with luck, all the way again.

goonerz49

at the moment 3rd?? what are you smoking? if we don't buy anyone else this summer we'll struggle for fourth again(and probally wont get it) at best, with signings in areas that we need 2nd at VERY best

Latest posts

Top Bottom