• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Your Predictions for Next Season

gooner_singh

I find this hard to believe, the fans do not actually believe Arsenal are serious challengers. I understand chelsea have an icredible squad, but if we look at our squad its not that bad, granted we have a lot of youngsters, but if wenger trusts them then they must have something about them.

A lot has been said about new centre back, but the lad from watford and Mathew connoly might make the step up this season and djuorou looks good, I believe if we sign an experience centre mid, then arsenal have a squad to challenge the best without a doubt, or maybe Song or Flamini would be able to show what Arsène wenger has seen, do not forget the first season pires had, he was nothing like the way he played in his second season, so lets me more optimistic and Arsenal for the Title, thats where my money is going. Come on the ARSENAL...

pg1989

I agree, i am actually optimistic about this season. I can really see this team maturing and playing awesome football.
Remember our team has been playing together and growing up together longer than the likes of Chelsea who are just buying has beens

AGooner

Chelsea and Liverpool have had a poor pre-season. In my opinion Chelsea have not bought well over the summer, Ballack is usually b*llocks but I think he is suited for the EPL, Sheva was a great player but I don't think he will have much of an impact here.

Liverpool have also not invested well but Rafa is a great coach so we'll see.

The Mancs sold 64,000 season tickets, have a new stand, have some good players, but again no signings to scare us.

Us, I'm not the most objective but Rosicky will be a brilliant signing, I watched him very closely during the WC and he works really hard (especially in the game against Italy), and is very skillfull and pacy, a typical AW player. I know we've lost or are going to lose alot of players (Cole & Reyes) but I think we have many coming through, maybe more than Man Utd had during the infamous "you'll never win anything with kids" year although I think an experienced CB is essential.

My predictions are:

1) Chelsea (although by a smaller margin)
2) Arsenal
3) Man Utd
4) Liverpool

lazyfreak

gooner_singh said:
I find this hard to believe, the fans do not actually believe Arsenal are serious challengers. I understand chelsea have an icredible squad, but if we look at our squad its not that bad, granted we have a lot of youngsters, but if wenger trusts them then they must have something about them.

A lot has been said about new centre back, but the lad from watford and Mathew connoly might make the step up this season and djuorou looks good, I believe if we sign an experience centre mid, then arsenal have a squad to challenge the best without a doubt, or maybe Song or Flamini would be able to show what Arsène wenger has seen, do not forget the first season pires had, he was nothing like the way he played in his second season, so lets me more optimistic and Arsenal for the Title, thats where my money is going. Come on the ARSENAL...
There are some Arsenal fans that don't think Arsenal will win the EPL, but on the same time they're not saying that Chelsea will be run away winners again. Because if we really don't win the EPL then I don't think Chelsea will either or perhaps will be trophyless this season.

Chelsea's first seaons under Moanrinho: 2 trophies
second season under Moanrinho: 1 trophy
third season(this season): none?? :lol:

If that were to happen and we really don't win the EPL, we could still finish above Chelsea, probably 2nd and it would still be a success! :p

Beany said:
http://www.comeonboro.com/columns/111601.htm

An amusing view, on the premiership and Arsenal especially, particularly given the author is a Boro fan!

Great article! I just hope the guy is right. But i really can't see Arsenal winning prem this season.

JazzG

Established Member
Was feeling quite down a few weeks ago but the more I think about it the more confident I feel. I really think if we can keep away from any serious injuries/suspensions I think we have a great chance. Fabregas looks like he is shaping himself up for the step up to greatness, Henry will get at least 20 goals for us and players like Hleb will only improve.

I have a sneaking feeling we will push Chelsea hard this season. Not saying we will definitely win the title but I think many people will be suprised by us next season and I fancy us I really do.

kel varnsen

Established Member
AGooner said:
Liverpool have also not invested well but Rafa is a great coach so we'll see.

i think you are, unfortunately, way off here. liverpool have made a few very interesting signings in the last year or so. agger looks like a terrific central defender, gonzalez and pennant will give them pace and crosses from the wing, which again would mean that we might see more of crouch this year. i think replacing cisse with bellamy is a smart move as well.

we might have a better starting eleven than liverpool, but i think their squad is far better than ours. they have a lot of depth in just about every position. we'll be lucky to finish in fourth again next season...

XWA

Chelsea will top the league, because lets be serious their have amazing players and strength in depth! Champions League will elude them, because they again play Barcelona.
Manchester will do nicely even though they have problems (Keane departure didn't affect them too bad) and properbly get some freak moments like against blackburn: own goal, difficult to score, etc. Then fans will blame it on Ronaldo.
Liverpool will beat Chelsea once this season then losing the other matches. Gerrard will shoot from distance a lot, and score! Riise will shoot a lot from distance, and score! Kewell will shoot a lot from distance, and score! While Pennant is transforming in a so called "nice guy" along with Bellamy, but at the end of the season they will be offloaded.
We Arsenal properbly get again a lot of injuries, because that seems to be the trend each season. The youngsters that are "non-injured" will do very good. Properbly see a couple of new gems being polished by Arsène. Away and at Home we look like we did before thanks to mainly Fabregas and Henry. Fans will believe in Wenger again. And a new silverware!
Tottenham will be with a lot of confidence. Thinking: "we can overcome Arsenal and grab the 4th spot", but Newcastle will battle it out with Sp**s throwing them at the 6th spot.

1 Chelsea Champions
2 Arsenal FA cup winners
3 Manchester League Cup Winners
4 Liverpool Charity Shield Winners
5 Newcastle Roeder Happy
6 Tottenham Martin Jol crying

luma

this season i think van persie will be a big player he will be a deadly striker from what i have seen in preaseason, the world cup and the champs league qualifier he looks to be a changed striker

Rahul

Cant predict whats going to happen[because i cant take injuries into account] but ill kill myself if we go another season trophyless.

Jameel46

Established Member
kopzilla said:
chelsea wont be the same team as we saw last season....

chelsea maybe are making the same mistakes as Real Madrid did, buying big names instead of players that will play well together, but people are absolutely frightened of chelsea now (like most of the people in this forum) so that will be an advantage for chelsea.

brianodom

Jameel46 said:
kopzilla said:
chelsea wont be the same team as we saw last season....

chelsea maybe are making the same mistakes as Real Madrid did, buying big names instead of players that will play well together, but people are absolutely frightened of chelsea now (like most of the people in this forum) so that will be an advantage for chelsea.

I'm used to seeig this mess with the N.Y. Yankees here in the states ... they'll soon start flopping ...due to massive ego's all over the team...

oOTruGunNaOo

Thats what we all thought when they first got all of the big names, moronho knows how to keep his team on the ground. Maybe they do havemtoo many superstars this season, but then again maybe not , expect another good season from chelsea but i think we'll be more than a match for them

Brick

First of all, I am soooooooo glad to see Chelski slipping down with every incoming match (MLS Team, no ofence Americans, but a mockery, really... a tie against Celtic and defeat at the hands of Reds)..Keep the track, Blues :twisted: !!!

If we do sign one or two experienced players, and avoid having an average of 7 injured players per match, I think we can really chalenge the title! The tactics Wenger used at our run of good form last season is beyond everything...

CL is more a lottery (finals, anyone?? :shock: ), and demands luck at same extent as skills, I expect to see us in the semi's...
FA cup - quarters, as we will give the advantage to the latter two competitions...
League cup is up for Traore, Hoyte, Larsson and Lupoli, among the final eight...
Call me an optimist, but money isn't everything - Wenger is 8)

9Reyes

FAcup: semi
PL: 3
CL: quart
Carling:Winners

I am a litte pessimist..
But if we buy one or two good players in the coming days I may change my mind..

If we get Baptista and a good defender.. it will be a even better season..

Latest posts+

Top Bottom