• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Your Predictions for Next Season

Bergy_1995

I think Chelsea will fall second to either us, Liverpool or United. Most probably us or Liverpool. there's so much expectation now with Chelsea that SOME POINT through the season they're gonna feel the pressure. Shevvy will undoubtably bring goals, I'm just unsure that Ballack will settle in - which may well affect Lampard and Essien's game. Then there's their defence, not as stable as last season. Liverpool exposed that on Sunday.

I feel we won't go all the way in Fa Cup, probably latter stages again in Carling Cup - possibly winners.

More than likely provide hard to beat opposition in the Champions' League again - I'd love to see us go all the way and win it but it's too hard to predict. We've got the quality though.

I'd say we're nailed on 1st or 2nd this season but we're undoubtadly lacking in depth to mount a serious challenge.

Army of Me

Established Member
Premiership: Champions
Champions League: Champions
FA Cup: Winners
Carling Cup: Winners
Lady's Premiership: Champions
Lady's FA Cup: Winners
Reserves League: Champions
Youth League: Champions
FA Youth Cup: Winners
Under 11's League: Champions

And we'll win the fair play award, Henry will score 30 goals, RvP will score a hat-trick v Man Utd at OT and Sp**s will finish 8th.

tgr

pha2er said:

And we'll win the fair play award, Henry will score 30 goals, RvP will score a hat-trick v Man Utd at OT and Sp**s will finish 8th.
:p :p :p :p :p :p

what a perfect world.

i will be satisfied if we win one out of PL,CL or FA cup

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
pha2er said:

Sounds good to me I'll have some of that :D

Jameel46

Established Member
pha2er said:

brilliant, you're one of the few optimistic people in this forum.

Jameel46

Established Member
oOTruGunNaOo said:
Thats what we all thought when they first got all of the big names, moronho knows how to keep his team on the ground. Maybe they do havemtoo many superstars this season, but then again maybe not , expect another good season from chelsea but i think we'll be more than a match for them

this is actually the first time they bought the BIG names, players like Essien, drogba, & SWP isn't what i'd call big names when they were bought, so hopefully things go wrong for them. :D

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

pha2er said:

Totally agree. :)

Come on Arsenal!

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

pha2er said:

Totally agree. :)
Come on Arsenal!

goonerwarsh

Established Member
pha2er said:

This is complete bullshit Pha2er, everyone knows Van Persie will only get a brace at Old Trafford :wink:

irongunner

We really need to perform better against the good teams this year. Our record against the other top 9 teams in the league last season makes for appalling reading : 20 points out of a possible 54. Obviously you have to take into account injuries, suspensions,loss of form etc.. but the concern is still applicable.

Brick

pha2er said:

I suddenly feel I was pessimistic rather than optimistic :D
That's the spirit!!!

Gooner T

i have a feeling that chelsea are gonna have problems this season accomodating big players... this is the first time that they have genuine world class players in Ballack and Sheva and to play both of them, either makelele or lampard has to be dropped or mourinho will have to change the system and play 442. this WILL have an effect on how solid they are compared to the last couple of seasons.

Couple this with the increased experience of our squad and the fact that this team has finally learnt how to play with each other.. i feel we can make it a close one with chelsea. United and Liverpool wont touch us this season.
Alot though, will depend on the matches between the "big 4". We have to improve in this aspect (i think we will)

In the CL luck as well as class is needed to win it. It is very important to hit form around the end of Jan start of Feb in the league to succeed in the CL knockout format.

Premiership: 1st
Champions League: At least quarters (after that its down to the gods!)
F.A Cup: Hoping for an early exit!
League Cup: At least quarters with our youngsters.

Dr_Gooner

PL

Chelski
Arsenal
Liverpool
Man Ure

I strongly believe Arsenal will have a good CL campaign. When we play at our best, we can compete with anybody. Last year we were robbed. I really think we have a strong chance to win it. I'm serious. We've been there. Our players have been there. We know how to play in Europe. Our squad has been strengthened (imho). Wenger didn't need to change much. The race for the title will be a lot tighter. I put Arsenal as second, but it could easily be Liverpool there... or even, Man Ure. We'll see how it unfolds, but I still think we under estimate Arsenal too much. Well.. I guess that can be forgiven.. we 'are' Arsenal fans...

gunslinger

My prediction: We will win the Premiership this season.

WE have all of our key guys back, (Cole was basically absent last season as well) plus the much needed addition of Tomas Rosicky at Midfield, it's gonna be an awesome year.

Chelsea and Man u. need to be worried.

Top Bottom