• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Your Starting Line up against Everton

juz7_pi12es

-------------------Henry---------------Bergkamp------------------------

------------------------------Pires(AM)------------------------------------

Reyes----------------------------------------------------------Ljungberg

-----------------------------Gilberto(DM)----------------------------------

Cole-----------------Cygan-------------Touré-------------------Lauren

------------------------------Lehmann ------------------------------------

Subs:
Almunia
Senderos
Clichy
Pennant
van Persie

When V.Persie come on for Bergkamp (for example), move Reyes upfront with Henry, V.Persie on the left.

jc8gooner

That's a very attacking front 6, but it might be the formation we are forced into if Paddy leaves.

Personally, I now think that Cesc will start alongside Gilberto cos they both played very well together in Cardiff.
The only problem with that is trying to accomodate Reyes, Henry, Bergkamp, Pires and Ljungberg in the same side. I would perhaps be tempted to leave Henry on the bench against Everton, as he has only played 45 minutes of footie since Euro 2004. Also, I thought that Reyes and Bergkamp looked in great form.

Neither Pires, Henry or Ljungberg will be fully match sharp against Everton I think, so I would not be surprised if Wenger only picked one of those three, making use of those who have imprssed most during pre-season- Bergkamp, Reyes, Gilberto, Fabregas, Pennant, Van Persie.

It's a great dilemma to have. We have so many verstaile attacking options now, so Wenger is spoilt for choice.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
jc8gooner said:

That's a very attacking front 6, but it might be the formation we are forced into if Paddy leaves.

Personally, I now think that Cesc will start alongside Gilberto cos they both played very well together in Cardiff.
The only problem with that is trying to accomodate Reyes, Henry, Bergkamp, Pires and Ljungberg in the same side. I would perhaps be tempted to leave Henry on the bench against Everton, as he has only played 45 minutes of footie since Euro 2004. Also, I thought that Reyes and Bergkamp looked in great form.

Neither Pires, Henry or Ljungberg will be fully match sharp against Everton I think, so I would not be surprised if Wenger only picked one of those three, making use of those who have imprssed most during pre-season- Bergkamp, Reyes, Gilberto, Fabregas, Pennant, Van Persie.

It's a great dilemma to have. We have so many verstaile attacking options now, so Wenger is spoilt for choice.
I can actually see that happening JC. We might start with the same lineup as the Community shield, with Henry off, Reyes upfront, and Pires on the left. I don't think Freddie is fit enough to play at all. And Henry is not match fit, whereas at least Pires played vs Ajax.

AFCG7

Established Member
hmm
How about Freddie as a CM with Gilberto.. Pennant and Pires on the flanks and Bergkamp and Reyes up front, assuming that our main man Henry isnt fit enought yet.

Freddie can be a good ball-winner in the middle , the way he hustles the opposition allows him to do that.

A

Anonymous

beanz said:
juz7_pi12es said:
beanz said:
Jens

Ashley Toure Kolo Cole

Bobby Cesc Silva Pires

Henry Titi

Subs: Jose, Robin, Reyes, van Persie, Lehman.

:mrgreen:

bobby....pires...err
2/10 for observation, you missed 6 others :shock:

:D

Trust you. I bet you were the class clown :wink:

towelie

*Loyan* said:
That's true, but I don't think it is wise to let Cesc be there alone against Gravesen. The man is a monster. He always looks like he's on drugs.

hahahaha

let me tell you something about me, joe rogan. i smoke rocks

jester

Established Member
with that diamond formation i'd rather see:

--------------------henry----------------reyes-----------------------

-------------------------- bergkamp----------------------------------

-pires-------------------------------------------ljunberg/pennant

---------------------------gilberto-----------------------------------

that'd be my choice. this is because bergy will fill the attacking role well, more of the play maker. i'd rather see pires on left and reyes up front. reyes is twice the player he is upfront

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
jester said:
with that diamond formation i'd rather see:

--------------------henry----------------reyes-----------------------

-------------------------- bergkamp----------------------------------

-pires-------------------------------------------ljunberg/pennant

---------------------------gilberto-----------------------------------

that'd be my choice. this is because bergy will fill the attacking role well, more of the play maker. i'd rather see pires on left and reyes up front. reyes is twice the player he is upfront
Then you could swap RvP on at HT for Bergy, and play him where he wants to play. Behind the strikers.

shaz

despite trying to bolster the squad, it now looks thinner than last year :roll: :cry:

anyways, two things id like to say. first thing, although i joked about svard, i do think his a viable option. but thats just my opinion, and i wanted to share it.

second thing, what does everyone think of this idea. put ashley right in central midfield and clichy in his position.

it could work, ashley is used to running up and down the field, can defend quite well. his passing is solid, and being in that position might better his defence skills. the only thing i would say is that, becase in CM theres alot of tackles flying in, he might lose his temperament.

efurze

I doubt Cesc will start - he's not ready, despite what the optimists think of Sunday's practice-squad game. Only if their are no other options. If Henry is hurt the midfield will be:

Pennant Gilberto Pires Freddie

Otherwise

Freddie Gliberto Pires Reyes

Split

efurze said:
I doubt Cesc will start - he's not ready, despite what the optimists think of Sunday's practice-squad game. Only if their are no other options. If Henry is hurt the midfield will be:

Pennant Gilberto Pires Freddie

Otherwise

Freddie Gliberto Pires Reyes

I'd prefert to have Cesc or Ljungberg in central midfield instead of Pires.

If Flamini is not available I'd definitely go for Cesc, if he can play like that against Manure why the hell can't he do it again against the sorry toffees?

Latest posts

Top Bottom