• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Your Starting Line up against Everton

efurze

Split said:
If Flamini is not available I'd definitely go for Cesc, if he can play like that against Manure why the hell can't he do it again against the sorry toffees?

Because Manure wasn't really trying on Sunday. I don't understand why everybody is acting like the Community Shield was a real game. It wasn't. Don't get me wrong, I still loved seeing Manure getting their heads kicked in, but it was obvious to even the most casual observer that it was essentially a scrimmage. There was no intensity, Keane and Scholes were barely trying, and the defense was a joke.

Cesc played a fine game, but in the big scheme of things I really don't think it means anything. Personally he looked lightweight to me and I doubt his ability to perform in a competitive match. He might have it, but Sunday's game certainly doesn't prove it.

Sorry Split, I don't mean to go off on you, I'm just tired of all the Cesc-mania around here.

lee1001

Established Member
shaz said:
despite trying to bolster the squad, it now looks thinner than last year :roll: :cry:

anyways, two things id like to say. first thing, although i joked about svard, i do think his a viable option. but thats just my opinion, and i wanted to share it.

second thing, what does everyone think of this idea. put ashley right in central midfield and clichy in his position.

it could work, ashley is used to running up and down the field, can defend quite well. his passing is solid, and being in that position might better his defence skills. the only thing i would say is that, becase in CM theres alot of tackles flying in, he might lose his temperament.

Your right, we have got rid of a hell of a lot of players.

Kanu, Wiltord, Parlour, Keown, Jeffers, Stepanovs, V Bronkhorst, Liam Chilvers, Graham Stack, Stathis Tavlaridis, Shaaban

Its a good job we have a fantastic reserve team.

Split

efurze said:
Split said:
If Flamini is not available I'd definitely go for Cesc, if he can play like that against Manure why the hell can't he do it again against the sorry toffees?

Because Manure wasn't really trying on Sunday. I don't understand why everybody is acting like the Community Shield was a real game. It wasn't. Don't get me wrong, I still loved seeing Manure getting their heads kicked in, but it was obvious to even the most casual observer that it was essentially a scrimmage. There was no intensity, Keane and Scholes were barely trying, and the defense was a joke.

Cesc played a fine game, but in the big scheme of things I really don't think it means anything. Personally he looked lightweight to me and I doubt his ability to perform in a competitive match. He might have it, but Sunday's game certainly doesn't prove it.

Sorry Split, I don't mean to go off on you, I'm just tired of all the Cesc-mania around here.

I agree with you 100% about the Community Shield

Latest posts

Top Bottom