• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Your starting line up.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Fabianski
Sagna
Gallas
Djourou
Clichy
Arshavin
Nasri
Fabregas
Rosicky
Adebayor
RVP

We dont have a clever DM so, we could play on this way. its the same when we play with a DM....

algunner

I just want to let everyone to back off Denilson and Song....we have some idiot fans sometimes... these two players are just 20 yrs old and have only been playing regularly this season with this team and we have fans who want to get rid of them. Seriously give me names of defensive midfielder that are that young and playing premiership and you call them good enough. Say what you want these two players may not be good enough to lead the team NOW but I wont let them leave because by the time they are 24 or 25 yrs you will be calling their names as the best defensive midfielders. Talk about Alonso, Mascherano, Carrick, Barry, Flamini and they are all older and experienced than these two. Sometimes we all have to be realistic and not idiots like some of the players we have Eboue !!!

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
-------------- Almunia---------------

Sagna ---Djourou------Gallas--- Clichy

Rosicky---Song------ Fabregas---- Nasri

---------Arshavin----------------------

-------------------Van Persie-----------

Prefer rosicky to walcott, since when fit he is so good at playing compact passing football, and a bit more tenacious than walcott.Or perhaps he can just deal with thr physical side better and ive been illuded by that.

Song is not an ideal inclusion but hes the best we have.Id love to see us get a real heavyweight of a DM in there, mobile and strong with a good physical presence and good passing.Song would be an able deputy.

Im not a fan of denilson.Not his fault but i dont think he belongs in our first team.Not sold on diaby either.

the dawn raids

Established Member
Timleaf said:
I understand that a lot of fans want a new goalkeeper, but I doubt many would be prepared to advocate spending whatever is left of our budget, if required, on a new one. I would.

its really not going to cost that though. i still cant believe shay given left for 7 million. we really really shouldve tried to match their bid if that figure is accurate, thats an absolute steal. people talk about us getting a good deal on arshavin, but 7 million for the best keeper in the league makes it look like we overpaid in comparison.

hackajack

Established Member
I'd be more than happy to spend £15M on a pre-op Cech, Buffon or Seaman. There's no one out there than fits the bill.

CrazyInLoveWithArsenal

---------- xxxxxx---------

Sagna--Djourou-xxxxx--Clichy

------------xxxxx-----------
Arshavin---Fabregas---Nasri

------van Persie-----------
-----------Adebayor--------

Fill those xxxx's with quality players and I believe we could genuinely challenge for honours on all fronts.

raidersoftheark

Established Member
hackajack said:
I'd be more than happy to spend £15M on a pre-op Cech, Buffon or Seaman. There's no one out there than fits the bill.

We might have missed a trick with Lloris. Absolutely outrageous that Lyon picked him up for something like 7 million.

Herbert Chapman

Almunia

Sagna Djourou Gallas Clichy

Nasri Fabregas Diaby Arshavin

---------Van Persie

---------- Eduardo

Subs

Rosicky
Song
Walcott
Vela
Bentboy
Denilson
Ade (I would sell him)
Ramsey
Wilshere
(add Merida once ade is sold)

All fighters, we need no less.

Herbert Chapman

CrazyInLoveWithArsenal said:
---------- xxxxxx---------

Sagna--Djourou-xxxxx--Clichy

------------xxxxx-----------
Arshavin---Fabregas---Nasri

------van Persie-----------
-----------Adebayor--------

Fill those xxxx's with quality players and I believe we could genuinely challenge for honours on all fronts.

Dont be fooled, we have quality players for those positions,

Almunia, Song, Gallas...... we are being let down by slackers, egos and nothing else, I've said it once and I'll say it again, the only difference between Adebayor and Samuel Eto'o is the laters work rate, you can have all the skill in the world but the best players are the ones who work the hardest.

What an irony that Ade got injured chasing a ball he was never gonna reach, it's just that it was near the dug out and like so many games he was simply going throught the motions.....just doing enough, he wont be doing that again!~ I feel the omittence of him and eboue and the soon to be inclusion of some of our (hardest working) players is a huge blessing that will begin to bare fruit.

Our hardest game of the season (mentaly) is out of the way and by a stroke of much needed "luck" our two most ineffective players of late, have handed over their starting place.

The one guaruntee is that we have 5 grafters who happen to be world class

coincedence i think not, I'm really looking forward to our next games, I know there will be a huge difference.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
raidersoftheark said:
hackajack said:

We might have missed a trick with Lloris. Absolutely outrageous that Lyon picked him up for something like 7 million.
Not from what I have seen of him this season. His positioning is in utter tatters, he is often all over the place and leaking goals.

If anything, Fabianski is better than him.

Biggus

Established Member
algunner said:
I just want to let everyone to back off Denilson and Song.

No!

algunner said:
we have some idiot fans sometimes.

I wouldn't know, I'm a supporter, and have been so since probably before you were born.

algunner said:
these two players are just 20 yrs old and have only been playing regularly this season with this team

Well if they're in the team they have to be so on merit and perform regardless of age. Despite what Wenger says we're supposed to be a professional team not a f**king kindergarten.

algunner said:
Say what you want these two players may not be good enough to lead the team NOW but I wont let them leave because by the time they are 24 or 25 yrs you will be calling their names as the best defensive midfielders.

Okay then, they should be given a chance in 4 or 5 years time- if they're still here and if they're good enough.

algunner said:
Talk about Alonso, Mascherano, Carrick, Barry, Flamini and they are all older and experienced than these two.

That's it now you're talking, lets get one of them then.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Biggus said:
I wouldn't know, I'm a supporter, and have been so since probably before you were born.

Just wondering Biggus, how many times has that line backfired on you? :D I remember you using it on Alboots(?), and he turned out to be a similar age as you.

Also, hasn't your kid grown up? I'd like to see how he looks now, unless he has jumped ship? :D

Biggus

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
Just wondering Biggus, how many times has that line backfired on you? :D I remember you using it on Alboots(?), and he turned out to be a similar age as you.

You're mistaken, I never used it on Alboots, I've always known Alboots was a similar vintage to me, I've always respected him and he me- why don't you ask him? I only use that line to people who directly imply I'm an idiot who doesn't know his Arsenal from his elbow.

outlaw_member said:
Also, hasn't your kid grown up? I'd like to see how he looks now, unless he has jumped ship? :D

I know this season must seem like an eternity but he's still only 3.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Think we're committed to strictly playing a 4-4-2 so right now i'd play:-

-------------Almunia

Sagna---Djourou---Gallas---Clichy

Ramsey--Song--Nasri--Arshavin

---------Van Persie--Bendtner

Subs: Fabianski, Touré, Eboue, Denilson, Nasri, Eduardo

More than enough strength, height, pace, directness, creativity and possesion available in that team. Lack of experience but that could work in our favour with so many players out to prove a point.

When everybodys fit:-

-------------Almunia

--Nasri--Diaby---Cesc---Arshavin

------Van Persie--Adebayor

Subs: Fabianski, Touré, Eboue, Song, Rosicky, Theo, Eduardo

Attacking wise flawless with great options throughout. Perhaps wouldn't work away from home but depending on the opponent theres plently of room for change.

Anzac

Established Member
truth_hurts said:
Think we're committed to strictly playing a 4-4-2 so right now i'd play:-

-------------Almunia

Ramsey--Song--Nasri--Arshavin

---------Van Persie--Bendtner

Subs: Fabianski, Touré, Eboue, Denilson, Nasri, Eduardo

More than enough strength, height, pace, directness, creativity and possesion available in that team. Lack of experience but that could work in our favour with so many players out to prove a point.

When everybodys fit:-

-------------Almunia

--Nasri--Diaby---Cesc---Arshavin

------Van Persie--Adebayor

Subs: Fabianski, Touré, Eboue, Song, Rosicky, Theo, Eduardo

Attacking wise flawless with great options throughout. Perhaps wouldn't work away from home but depending on the opponent theres plently of room for change.

Erm - I think you've got Nasri on the pitch & the bench in the 1st formation & no Diaby so I suspect that he is meant to be one of them????
:wink:

algunner

I dream of this team everyday when fully fit and am sure will happen by April.

Champions League

..............Al................
Sagna....Kolo....Gallas...Clichy
...........Denilson.............
........Fab........Rosicky......
Walcott................Nasri....
.............Adebayor...........

Subs: Fabianski; Djourou, Diaby, Song,Eboue, Eduardo, RVP

Premiership
...............Al................
Sagna....Gallas...Djourou..Clichy
............Denilson..........
Walcott......Fab.......Arshavin
........RVP......Ade........

Subs:Fabianski; Kolo, Diaby, Rosicky, Nasri, Eduardo, Bentdner

outlaw_member

Established Member
Why would you not start RVP in the CL, with Arshavin not even the squad?

Whilst not starting with Adebayor, Nasri, and Rosicky in the league?

algunner

outlaw_member said:
Why would you not start RVP in the CL, with Arshavin not even the squad?

Whilst not starting with Adebayor, Nasri, and Rosicky in the league?

May be next season for Arshavin in CL as for Ade will start him in PL as long as Fab is in the lineup otherwise Ade is useless without Fabragas. Champions league will only be able to make it if we play 4-5-1 and has been a success especially aways games.

Top Bottom