• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Your Team on FM2006

arsenalule

I do hope they improve it more and more. Especially Transfers:
-more payment methods.lol.
-realisitc buying &selling

3d graphics engine- leave it 3 yrs or so!

I think when people play managerial game they unestimate the task that real managers have.

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
James said:
Add Fabregas to my Milan squad, and i won the Super Cup as well, beat Inter 4-1 :D

I was going to buy Fabregas in my Charlton game, but I decided to overlook him for Nuri Sahin.

In the end, it was either spend my entire 20mil transfer kitty on Fabregas, or spend 10mil on Nuri Sahin and have 10mil left to further strengthen the squad.

So I chose Sahin. A small part of me just couldn't let Fabregas leave Arsenal though, no matter how much I wanted him. I'm best buddies with David O'Leary, who was appointed Arsenal manager once Wenger got sacked.

Wenger manages Liverpool now.

arsenalfan2005

Gunner4Eva said:
Read it and weep it people! Charlton Athletic in 2008!

Charlton Athletic Football Club

I am yet to win the Premiership, in my first season I finished 11th, then I finished 4th, then 3rd.

I've lost so many players to free transfers because Charlton is not a big club its not funny. I lost Luke Young, Hermann Hreidersson, Billy Jones and Danny Murphy all to Newcastle. Talal El Karkouri to Lazio.

I've bought in some players who have turned to superstars however, such as:

Giuseppe Rossi - 3.7m from Man Utd - 73app 47gls 29ast.
Leighton Baines - 4.5m from Wigan - Young and quality.
David Bentley - 4m from Arsenal - 74app 24ast
Daniel Agger - 5.5m from Brondby - Solid as a rock!
Chris Kirkland - 2m from Liverpool - Superstar!
Joey Barton - Free Transfer - Captain and my enforcer!

Other good players I've bought during the summer who have failed to make an impact yet though are:

Nigel Reo-Coker, Nuri Sahin, Leo Messi (who I got with 5m for Jerome Thomas), Martin Diaz (20-year old touted as the next Pablo Aimar), Fabio Santos.

Anyways, as I mentioned above, no Premierships, but somehow managed to win the Champions League in my first attempt. It was such a crazy game, that I was tempted to quit and restart even though I won. I played Juventus in the final, and look what happened......

UEFA Champions League Final - Juventus vs Charlton

Anyways...it's been a real challenge for my boys. But in the end, no matter what happens, my players always end up wanting to leave because I'm Charlton. Disappointing, but makes it much more fun.

:shock: Bloody hell! How did you win 8-1?

Btw, that skin is well nice, where did you get it from and how do you put it onto the game?

nazo

Established Member
C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2006\data\skins

Then in preferences in the game, select the skin and take off skin cache.

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
arsenalfan2005 said:
:shock: Bloody hell! How did you win 8-1?

Btw, that skin is well nice, where did you get it from and how do you put it onto the game?

It's weird. It just seemed like everytime I went into attack I scored. I thought the patches were supposed to stop this type of score-lines.

But hey, I'll take it. ;)

nazo

Established Member
From what i've heard, you can buy Kerlon after an appeal for the work permit. That isn't working with me :(

How much games does the player have to play in his NT to end the work permit problem(75% of the games?)

Bigpapa42

Just starting up a new game with HSV in Germany. Never managed in Germany in FM before, so it'll be something new.

Had a real good game going with Valencia but it got boring after a very successful first season.

Oddly, I never seem to really enoy playing as Arsenal on FM. I'm torn between keeping the squad similar to how it really is and making major changes. I usually end up making changes and then not regretting it. I find it easier running a club I care little about and feel no loyalty towards the club or players.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Sold RVP to Chelski in the year 2009 and bought Chivu and Zlatan for the money I got. So now I rotate with Henry, Torres and Zlatan, Reys plays some games upfront and Theo.

My team looks like this
Isaksson
Blasiekwski, Davies, Chivu Cole
Hleb Cesc, Flamini, Reyes
Henry Torres

Subs
Gilbert
Diaby
Walcott
Sahin
Arenas

Lost Kolo to some sick knee injury were he was out for a whole season plus some moths his stats decreased so much and he didn't want to sign a new contract so he now plays for Man City

Young kids
Kent MAy from convetry MC really good,

won the double last year (first PL), I have won the CL more then I have won the PL,

Sold Adu to Milan for 14m£ plus 15% of next transfer, sold Iraola sold him to Valencia for 12m£ but I ahd bought him for 29m£ first year such a wasteof money never worked out as a RB and did lousy as a RM

regele

Established Member
I'm on my third season, but not doing so well, manure are ahead of me by 10-11 points or so and I just found out why around the winter period, for some reason the wingers had the mentality set at all out attack, so you can imagine how they did the defence phase; but I'll get there. In the first season I won the EPL and in the second one, the League Cup, UCL and EPL and in the EPL I won by one point both seasons, in front of manure :twisted:

The squad is:
GK: Benoit Costil(got him for half a mil, excellent keeper, he's only 20 and he made me put him in the gate instead of Lehmann from the first season), Jens.

Defenders: Gilbert, Clichy, Vidic, Senderos, Campbell, Cole, Lauren, Boka( 5 million), Cesar(got him from Deportivo free), Eboue.

Midfielders: Walcott, Ribery, Gilberto, Flamini, Seb Larsson, Fredie, Bobby, Cesc, Diaby, Hleb

Strikers: Henry, RVP, Freddy Adu, Reyes, Zigic.

Now I've got other problems, Henry just became unsettled after 8 years at the club :? , do you have any idea how I could get rid of this thing? It doesn't have a big impact on the pitch but it's annoying.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
yeah it is really annoying and I have never been able to settle it with any player. There was one reserve player thou I had a option in the list down left you know were there is offer to clubs, warning, transferstatus and such. I read resolve problems or something and it did, have never seen it after thou. HAd major problems with RVP and Kolo, It is frekkin distrurbing when they complain about lack of first team opportunitys when they are unable to play due to injury.

Young players to get
Arenas goalie
Adu, you can train him to cover all midifled positons and striker, ahs done best for me in a basic CM position, get him cheap and sell him for 12m£+
Sahin train him as a ALM does really well
Blasiewski, not sure about the spelling a great RB,WBR,RM And ARM scores goals from an RB position for me
Traore is great as CB in a three man backline

fabtastic

ajax 23:2barcelona
but the bad thing is i am barca but wanted to lose in this friendly so i took the goalkeeper out and just watch ajax score goals it was good to watch now i am goiong to manage arsenal!!!

Tegh

Established Member
GK: Lehmann
DL: Cole
DR: Lauren
DC: Senderos
DC: Toure
DM: Zokora
MLC-AL: Rosicky
MC: Cesc
MRC-AR: Hleb
CF: Henry
CF: Pazzini

nazo

Established Member
How much did you buy Pazzini for? His team wouldn't let him go for less than 12mil. Bastards. (i didn't buy him)
Btw i think Sivok is a better DM than Zokora. He costs 7mil only too.

Tegh

Established Member
I've got Sivok too.
I don't remember, about 11mil?
Kompany wouldn't come to me, and three others failed work permits. >.<

nazo

Established Member
Work permits are dumb.
I find some great players but they are either from Argentina, Brazil or need a work permit somehow.

I didn't bother buying Kompany actually. He would cost 11mil and i could've got a better player with half that money. Take a look at this player called Per Koldrop (sp?) He was decent for me and only costed 5mil. Another player is called Mertesacker (don't know his first name), he is good and well worth the money but i don't remember how much he costed as i never played the game for a while.

Just to tell you too, don't buy Anton Ferdinand. Eventhough he costs 5mil he isn't worth it.

fabtastic

GK . Victor Valdes

LB . Ashley Cole
CB. Alessandro Nesta
CB. Kolo Toure
RB . Carlos Puyol

LM . Ronaldinho
CM . Deco
CM . Kaka
RM . Alex Hleb

ST . Thierry Henry
ST . Samuel Eto'o