• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Your ultimate 25-man Arsenal PL squad?

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
GK: Lehmann, Leno, Fabianski
RB: Sagna, Lauren
LB: Cole, Monreal
CB: Adams, Mertesacker, Campbell, Toure
CM: Vieira, Ramsey, Gilberto
AM: Özil, Nasri, Hleb
RW: Ljungberg, Walcott
LW: Pires, Overmars
ST/FW: Henry, Bergkamp, Van Persie, Adebayor

Think your forgetting a few Spanairds in that team horse!!

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Different position, I went with the criteria of the OP. I'd have put Cazorla in the AM category.

You could move Hleb wide and put Santi in AM at the expense of Theo, or Walcott upfront at the expense of Ade.

Santi is like the Mick Foley of football, probably the most likeable player I have watched.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

You could move Hleb wide and put Santi in AM at the expense of Theo, or Walcott upfront at the expense of Ade.

Santi is like the Mick Foley of football, probably the most likeable player I have watched.

I never classed Hleb as a winger tho, he was always an attacking midfielder played out wide. Out of all the RW's we had Walcott sticks out because of his scoring record. Adebayor was incredible for the short period he was here. I do realise I kinda forgot about Wright tho.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I never classed Hleb as a winger tho, he was always an attacking midfielder played out wide. Out of all the RW's we had Walcott sticks out because of his scoring record. Adebayor was incredible for the short period he was here. I do realise I kinda forgot about Wright tho.

Bit like Pires was Hleb, basically a playmaker out wide but had a surprising amount of pace about him...I imagine fullbacks were caught off guard by that, excellent dribbler too.

There is too many players to choose from really, that's why I tend to only consider what I have seen as a fan...I know Adams is a better defender than Kos, or Wright was a better striker than Auba, but I didn't experience that...I have my memories specific to the players I loved growing as a fan.

If you were a 13 year old fan today, you would absolutely love the likes of Özil and Cazorla, but the likes of Bergkamp and Pires were simply superior for us...but the kid doesn't really care, obviously he respects their legends, but he didn't see them...to him the likes of Mesut and Santi are the best, and rightfully so...we could all just list the best collection of players Arsenal have had, but where's the fun in that really...you need memories, you need moments yourself...that's what football is all about!

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀

Why no Fabregas?

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

GK: Lehmann Seaman Leno
CB: Adams (c), Campbell, Mertesacker, Toure
CM: Viera (vc), Gilberto, Cesc
AM: Özil, Cazorla, Rosicky
RW: Ljungberg, Overmars
LW: Pires, Sanchez
ST: Henry, Bergkamp, Wright, Anelka.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

The toughest to pick was probably RW, I couldn't think of many apart from Ljungberg apart from Walcott but I really don't think I'd include him in my ultimate squad. Overmars was before my time but he was meant to be pretty highly rated I remember. My time was just after or during our invincible era. A few of the other players aswell like Wright were before my time & it was tough picking the last CF spot between Auba, Wright & RVP I had to go with Wright, I've seen plenty of highlights of Wright so I just went with Wright & Overmars in the end.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Not going to pick a team as its pretty much same as everyone else but surprised too see Hleb not get enough love at RM/RW where he usually started, man just gives you a completely different dimension, his dribbling was insane.

Off to YouTube Hleb videos..

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Don't worry about it, Kos was marking far better players than Adams ever did. We would probably concede 12 goals vs prime Barcelona if we've had Adams instead of Kos there.

Imagine insulting one of Arsenal's biggest legends for a loser like Koscielny :lol: some of you really don't know the team you're supporting.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Imagine insulting one of Arsenal's biggest legends for a loser like Koscielny :lol: some of you really don't know the team you're supporting.
Chill mate, everyone is a legend here it seems. You would imagine that we won 5 CL's and 5 PL's with Adams and co based on how many "legends" we've had in 90's. Yes, we were nothing special at the time when PL was behind top leagues, and we were a nothing team in Europe. Kos played at PL's peak, played some absolutely massive games in CL and was actually decent throughout his career with us, no matter what you think of him.
Adams was a good player just like Kos was, there's nothing else to discuss here really. Everything else will go in the wrong direction where you will try to present Adams as Maldini

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Chill mate, everyone is a legend here it seems. You would imagine that we won 5 CL's and 5 PL's with Adams and co based on how many "legends" we've had in 90's. Yes, we were nothing special at the time when PL was behind top leagues, and we were a nothing team in Europe. Kos played at PL's peak, played some absolutely massive games in CL and was actually decent throughout his career with us, no matter what you think of him.
Adams was a good player just like Kos was, there's nothing else to discuss here really. Everything else will go in the wrong direction where you will try to present Adams as Maldini

Why discredit his success because you said some dumb sh*t? Koscielny isn't half the player Tony Adams is he was just a glorified Mustafi.

This is your captain? Never see this happen to TA:
075a355b46eeeb58e24dc335c5a9d593.jpg

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Why discredit his success because you said some dumb sh*t? Koscielny isn't half the player Tony Adams is he was just a glorified Mustafi.

This is your captain? Never see this happen to TA:
075a355b46eeeb58e24dc335c5a9d593.jpg
As I said, you basically have no arguments to support any of this. Even if you don't agree with me, I at least explained my opinion. You are talking in absolutes, "isn't half the player Tony Adams" without explaining when, why. Give me an example of Adams big CL games where he was marking someone like Messi or Iniesta, give me an example of all the big things he won at the time when PL was probably 3rd league in Europe.
It's actually you who are trying to discredit one of our ex players

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Surprised Alex Manninger doesnt feature as some peoples third choice keeper. He was outstanding for a while for us. Not sure how his career nose dived the way it did.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

GK: Lehmann, Leno, Stuart Taylor
CB: Campbell, Toure, Koscielny, Keown
CM: Vieira, Gilberto, Ramsey
AM: Fàbregas, Cazorla
RW: Ljungberg, Walcott
LW: Pires, Alexis
CF: Henry, Van Persie, Bergkamp, Giroud

I’ve tried to build a squad of only players that I’ve seen and one that would work best as a squad rather than just the best 25.

Stuart Taylor would be a good guy who’d pump the squad up and let Lehmann and Leno compete for the jersey without trying to get his.

Monreal could cover CB if needed, Keown would be old as dirt but a great dressing room presence who’d put the team first. No room for Gallas as he’d be furious if he wasn’t starting CB.

Ramsey would be an incredible option if we’re chasing a goal late off the bench, Santi is versatile and could play on the wing or in midfield rather than Özil who can play just the one position.

Walcott would be a nightmare off the bench and Alexis is also very versatile. Old Bergkamp was a very unselfish player who’d try and get the best out of his strike partner(s) and I only had room for one pure finisher so I went with RvP over Auba.

As for Giroud he’s inferior to Adebayor but for a late game target man he’s perfect and as Ade is a renowned dressing room cancer who’d want to start every game I’d go for the elite squaddie Oli.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom