• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Your Vision Of Our Team

sabret00the

Established Member
Post your formation in here. Feel free to post one for the League and one for the CL. Feel free to just post positions/roles instead of actual player names.

Example of position/role formation:

GK

Width / Ball Winner / Ball Winner / Width

Creative-Goal Scorer / Everything / Everything / Creative-Goal Scorer

Goal Scorer / Goal Scorer

PLEASE DON'T POST MENTIONING PLAYERS WE DON'T HAVE AND IF YOU POST WITH PLAYER NAMES, BE CONSISTENT IN YOUR FORMATION AND MAINTAIN THAT ALL THE WAY THROUGH OTHERWISE JUST POST POSITIONS/ROLES.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
GK

Width
No-Nonsense Ball Winner
Distributor-Organizer
Width

Creative-Goal Scorer with crossing ability
Slightly More defensive with passing ability
Slightly more offensive and orchestrator - Visionary
Creative-Goal Scorer with crossing ability

Link-up Forward with scoring ability
Target Man & Finisher with "Out of nothing" ability

unfortunately, my vision would have to include types of players that we dont necessarily have (like the "No Nonsense Ball Winner" and "Distributor-Organizer" at the back). I don't think our current CB pairing is ideal as I think they are a bit too similar. But I think this formation and player type overall would work for both league and CL matches.

For the most part, the other positions have players currently in house to fulfill them, the only one being a question mark is the "More defensive" CM (which we MIGHT have, we just arent sure yet)

arsenalfc0719

Established Member
Defense -

With
Ball winner
Distributor-Organizer-Captain- Can header the ball
With

Midfield -

Creative attacking midfielder- '10' - (No crossing please)
Box to Box defensive midfielder with passing ability, who keeps it simple.
Creative midfielder with superb vision and distribution
Creative attacking midfielder- '10' - (No crossing please)

Strikers -

Link up player, with flair and scoring ability
A Striker who can time his runs, keep it simple, and is a deadly finisher.

ricky1985

Established Member
Interesting topic Sabre.

For 90% of our games I would like to see a 4-4-1-1

Something like this;

-------------Centreback---Centreback

Two quick central defenders, who have the awareness and positional sense to play an effective offside trap. In an ideal world, one of the centrebacks would be more dominant physically and aerially, and with good organisational powers. The other would be an awesome 'reactive' defender, who played around the more dominant lead defender. Toure is the perfect second defender, but Gallas isn't perfect as the lead defender.

Fullback-------------------------------Fullback

Again pace is important, to provide cover for the centrbacks, and one-on-one against speedy wingers. Great stamina, to provide overlapping runs for 90 minutes. Good crossing, dribbling, and intelligent movement off the ball. Very important to have the awareness to track runners, especially from crosses, and at the back post. Both Bacary Sagna and Gael Clichy fit the bill perfectly.

------------------------------Midfielder
--------------Midfielder

The slightly deeper midfielder would first and foremost be good at tracking runners, have good positional sense, and an ability to sense danger, to cover the defence but especially the marauding fullbacks. A decent passing range, as well as being able to run all day. Ideally he would be at least 6 foot, to challenge for aerial balls in the space in front of the back four.
The more advanced midfielder could be summed up perfectly in two words; Cesc Fabregas. Basically a box-to-box midfielder, who can do everything. Providing the creativity from midfield, as well as controlling the overall pace of the game.

-------------------------------------Creative Midfielder
Winger

The creative midfielder would posess pace and skill to beat a man, great awareness of runners and space, and able to contribute double-figures, through good movement and finishing. Samir Nasri embodies my vision well.
The winger would have exceptional pace and incredible off the ball movement as well as a superb timing on his runs behind defenders into space. He would also have the ability to beat his man with his trickery and provide intelligent and accurate passing and crossing. The onus, however would be on the opposing wide man to provide creativity. 15 to 20 goals would be what I would look for from this player. Cristiano Ronaldo is the player I would invisage, but Theo Walcott is extremely close to perfect in my opinion.

---------------Number 10
-------------------------------Striker

The 'number 10' would be a player with exceptional awareness, and intelligence. His passing and ability to find space would be of paramount importance. The ability to fluidly link the midfield with the attackers is everything. A flair for producing the unexpected, whether it is an outrageous pass or spanking volley would be ideal. I would want between 15 and 20 goals from this position, so an ability to take up goalscoring positions and finish would be important. Robin Van Persie fits this position perfectly for me.
The striker would have great pace, and movement. He would also convert the majority of his chances. He would also have the physical prescence to bring others into te game and provide a target when required. Adebayor does it for me.

So from the current squad the best players to fit my 4-4-2 system are;

-------------Toure----Gallas
Sagna-----------------------------Clichy

---------------------Denilson
-----------Fabregas
-----------------------------------Nasri
Walcott
----------Van Persie
---------------------Adebayor

For the other 10% of our games, away at tough grounds or occasionally in the Champions League, I would like to see a 4-5-1;

The defensive set-up would remain the same.

-----------------Defensive Midfielder
-----Midfielder------------------------Midfielder

The defensive midfielder would be similar to the deeper midfielder in a 4-4-2. His priority would be tracking runners, winning headers and taking up intelligent defensive positions. Also providing good cover for the defence in general. He would basically patrol the space in front of the back four and would have no great responsibility offensively, other than to pass simply and accurately to one of his fellow midfielders. Alex Song has all of the above attributes to perform the role.
The two more advanced midfielders would be virtually identical to the box-to-box midfielder in the 4-4-2. Providing the creativity from midfield, as well as controlling the overall pace of the game, with a greater reesponsibility to support the attack and make runs beyond the ball. Fabregas and Nasri would be brilliant in these roles, as would Rosicky and Denilson.

Winger---------------------------------------Winger

The winger would be almost exactly the same as the winger in the 4-4-2, but would have almost no defensive responsibilty, and a greater impetus on attacking runs beyond the ball (think Messi). Walcott and Vela would fit these roles perfectly.

--------------------Striker

The striker would have the same role as in the 4-4-2, but would have to be more positionally disciplined, staying more central and holding the ball up to bring deeper players into the game. Again Adebayor is perfect.

Again from the current squad, my system would like this;

----------------------Song
----------Fabregas------------Nasri

Walcott---------------------------------Vela

--------------------Adebayor

Which I really like the look of.

qs

Established Member
goalkeeper

fullback - centre half - centre half - fullback

wide mid - centre mid - centre mid - wide mid

forward - forward

sometimes I'd drop one forward for a midfielder.

Lord Dula

Established Member
-------------Commanding on crosses/quick distributor

Solid in air--------The Great Khali------Pacehead-----Width/overlapper

-----------------------High tempo ground coverer--------------Playmaker

Fast bastard-------------------Pull the strings playmaker

-----------------Link up man

-----------------------------------------Brute

hesham

Established Member
_________________ Loud Mouth, Commanding Goalkeeper

_____Quick crosser___Game Reader__Speed Demon__Quick Crosser

-----------------------Balls Crunching B2B Giant-

_Off Ball runner/Goal getter_____________________________Creative Passer

---------------------------------Playmaker/late runs in the box

---------------Link up/Great shot

-----------------------------------------Poacher/Energy

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
My vision is about a tactical flexible team, so I can't stereotype the players dependent on roles, because they're flexible. 1 match I could want Ade up front, the next match Vela or Walcott & the one thereafter 2 strikers.

nazo

Established Member
I guess everyones formation fails to reach reality at cb. If only we sorted that out.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
----------------------------Commanding Keeper----------------------------
Pacy Full Back - Commanding Tall CB - Fast/Good Reader CB - Pacy Fullback
---------------------------Great Tackler DM------------------------------
-----------------------Playmaker/Great Passer----------------------------
Tricky Winger-----------------------------------------------Tricky Winger
---------------------------Link Up Forward-------------------------------
--------------------------Poacher/HeaderKing-----------------------------

To be honest, I am happy with what we have at Arsenal other than the keeper, cb, dmc, and wing. thats all

Feanor

Established Member
Are asking of what I think our team is or what I would like to have for a team, you know FM style?

j'nuh

---------------------------------Phillipe Senderos--------------------------
--Phillipe Senderos--Phillipe Senderos--Phillipe Senderos--Phillipe Senderos

-------------------------------Phillipe Senderos----------------------------
--------Phillipe Senderos-------------------------------Phillipe Senderos---
----------------------------------Phillipe Senderos------------------------
-----------------------Phillipe Senderos-----------------------------------
--------------------------------------Emmanuel Eboue--------------------

air

qs said:
goalkeeper

fullback - centre half - centre half - fullback

wide mid - centre mid - centre mid - wide mid

forward - forward

sometimes I'd drop one forward for a midfielder.

:lol:

I think we line up like this. Seriously.

-------------------Keeper------------------------
--Footballer--Footballer--Footballer---Footballer
--Footballer--Footballer--Footballer---Footballer
--------------Footballer--Footballer-------------

Biggus

Established Member
Vision of our team.......Let me see, err to win things, yes that's it! I'd like that. :|

vin de guerre

I was speechless when we won the double with Bertie Mee.
I was over the moon when we won the Milk Cup after rush had scored
I almost peed myself after Anfield
I could have watched endless finals with Sheff Wednesday
I loved every second of the invincibles
I was extatic after the penalty shoot out with Manure

So I think I must agree with my learned friend Biggus: WIN THINGS that what I like and that is my vision for AFC!

sabret00the

Established Member
Seriously, i think everyone makes allowances for dula. qs is just miserable and then random forumites trying to earn their stripes will latch onto that, but biggus, how you continue to so masterfully degenerate into a ****ing annoying of a waste of space poster is beyond me.

vin de guerre

sabret00the said:
Seriously, i think everyone makes allowances for dula. qs is just miserable and then random forumites trying to earn their stripes will latch onto that, but biggus, how you continue to so masterfully degenerate into a f****g annoying of a waste of space poster is beyond me.

That would be far more accurate!

qs

Established Member
sabret00the said:
Seriously, i think everyone makes allowances for dula. qs is just miserable and then random forumites trying to earn their stripes will latch onto that, but biggus, how you continue to so masterfully degenerate into a f****g annoying of a waste of space poster is beyond me.

We didn't need a new thread with a load of people posting formations and explanations of roles just so once again you could highlight the fact you don't want our strikers playing as link up players though did we?

sabret00the

Established Member
qs said:
sabret00the said:

We didn't need a new thread with a load of people posting formations and explanations of roles just so once again you could highlight the fact you don't want our strikers playing as link up players though did we?
So you're saying that as an elite member of the forums, you came into the thread and purposely attempted to derail it because of your speculative analysis of why the thread was created and where it had the potential to go? pat on the back for you, the chaps upstairs must be real proud of promoting you. just for the record though, the thread was inspired by a discussion i had about the lack of ball winners in our midfield and how they'd fair against seasoned opposition (the example given was chelsea's midfield) and i happened to think the bigger picture negated such a role of dedicated ball winner in midfield, thus i wanted to see how everyone thought a team should be laid out. seriously get your head out of your own arse, if you disagree with a thread i make pm me about it or ignore it, sinking to such immature levels as to attempt to deliberately derail a thread is not on.

qs

Established Member
I didn't derail it though. You did with your shot at me, Dula and Biggus. I merely made a bit of a joke.

Top Bottom