• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Your Vision

jefree

I would like to see Tomas Rosicky to adapt to LM position like Hleb achieves at the moment on the right and form a great partnership with Clichy.

qs

Established Member
I want to see us play quick attacking football with the two wingers and the attacking mid running at defences alot. I want to see Eboue keep doing what he's doing but I want people in the box finishing his crosses, I want Clichy emulating Eboue and I want to never ever see an arsenal player dive again as long as I live.

daniel

clockwork orange said:
The great Chairman Mao once came up with a brilliant policy named 3 mores and 3 lesses. Didn't really achieve it's goals & got a few million people killed, but still a great idea.

That's my vision for us too: 3 mores and 3 lesses.

MORE:
1. Strikers
2. Vigour
3. Set pieces practise

LESS:
1. Weaving / indirectness
2. Waiting with substitutions
3. Silence in the stadium

edit: shouldn't this be in Arsenal Talk?
That's just about what I was going to wright down, and then I saw this post.
Only one thing that's changeable... More strikers, I'd convert this one to more clinical strikers. Who needs a bunch of low scoring strikers, I'd go for one or two clinical ones.
In other things I totally agree.

qs

Established Member
daniel said:
clockwork orange said:
The great Chairman Mao once came up with a brilliant policy named 3 mores and 3 lesses. Didn't really achieve it's goals & got a few million people killed, but still a great idea.

That's my vision for us too: 3 mores and 3 lesses.

MORE:
1. Strikers
2. Vigour
3. Set pieces practise

LESS:
1. Weaving / indirectness
2. Waiting with substitutions
3. Silence in the stadium

edit: shouldn't this be in Arsenal Talk?
That's just about what I was going to wright down, and then I saw this post.
Only one thing that's changeable... More strikers, I'd convert this one to more clinical strikers. Who needs a bunch of low scoring strikers, I'd go for one or two clinical ones.
In other things I totally agree.

Finding strikers who are ging to be more clinical than Henry and van Persie is easier said than done.

Druid

i want us to win the treble for successive years in a roll, playing beautiful AND fast football which every team would fear. the atmosphere at emirates stadium should also be rowdy and thus intimidating to opposition players. i want our midfielders to practise shooting so we won't have problems scoring even in a 4-5-1. i would like wenger to sign a contract at arsenal for life, though i can't see it happening, lol.

G0D

Almighty
kel varnsen said:
i want to see even better movement off the ball and more one-touch football, or at least as few touches as possible on the ball. furthermore, i'd like us to stick to a 'short passing' game, all the while we have a very 'direct' approach to it. lots of players going forward and just completely overwhelm the other team...
Agree with that. ^ A combination of this current team's mentality and the mentality of the 01/02 would be great, after all they were/are both successful in different areas and would both have a use at certain times. I miss us being able to score just like that *snaps fingers*..

morpho

Established Member
Biggus said:
What ever it takes to win the CL is good enough for me. :wink:

I agree. Winning the CL is for me the holy grail and i honestly think that is the reason why Wenger chose to switch to 451. We all saw how far the fast forward counter atacking wengerball got us there. A bit too shallow to compete against the best in europe, but with this new style of play we will have more dept. Of course we might have to wait a season or two, until everyone is settled, but i have no doubt in my mind that Wenger one day will lift that trophy over his head.

Latest posts

Top Bottom