• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Youri Tielemans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I just don't know if he's the right guy. I look at the game tonight, we had not midfield, Xhaka probably the best of the three. Would Tielemans have made a difference? Or would he have fallen into the same trap of crumbling under the pressure. I wouldn't say he's press resistent.

I really don't know what we need, well, De Jong would be ideal but there is no chance. When Partey Xhaka and Ødegaard are on it, they are great, when they are off, we have no control.
Tbh the only players I can think of that fix our midfield problems are absolutely world class.

That shouldn’t really be the case so I think it’s tactical tbh.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
I don't understand why Arteta has him making runs in behind the striker. If that's what you want from the role then play someone with pace, technique and end product. He was fine but for the ridiculous dive and putting his hands on the ref. Another day and another ref and that could be a sending off out of absolutely nothing. We just can't have that kind of stupidity when the margins for getting back in the CL are so thin and against better teams, having him bombing up the pitch is going to see us ripped apart on the counter because he has no recovery pace. It's a position that should be upgraded. The whole midfield is still very shaky before we even think about the possibility of availability issues. Someone like Paqueta would be a massive upgrade and security blanket.
You have players like Paqueta, Pedri, Bellingham or more recently Reus playing that role not Xhaka lol! It's the more stupid thing a I have seen since Emery tried using Torreira as 10. Sometimes managers are so stupid using players out of position. Xhaka is not Ramsey to play that role.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Xhaka great and the best lol
Happy Simon Cowell GIF by America's Got Talent's Got Talent

The Office Reaction GIF by NETFLIX

Happy Big Brother GIF by MOODMAN

Despicable Me Reaction GIF
Not really what i said was it? I said all three were missing last night with Xhaka probably being the best of them.

When they are on it, they are great together, i don't know how you can deny that. Problem is, they hide to often, and people won't admit it, but it's usually Partey and Ødegaard who have the off day.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Not really what i said was it? I said all three were missing last night with Xhaka probably being the best of them.

When they are on it, they are great together, i don't know how you can deny that. Problem is, they hide to often, and people won't admit it, but it's usually Partey and Ødegaard who have the off day.
They aren't great by far even when they are on. Partey has to carry for Xhaka slowness usually and Ødegaard has to put every offensive ball because Xhaka can't dribble, shot or create anything that high. He is not good attacking, not good defending, not good pressing and the only thing he is OK is covering for others which doesn't really help to the supposed Arteta's style. And the end that leads to us sitting deep or just moving the ball slowly and without creativity.

As I told before, GJ would end isolated and similar to all our strikers under Arteta if Xhaka is not replaced by someone more capable of contribute to our attacks.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Xhaka is seen as Mr reliable. He is solid & good at what he does but he is limited. Its clear he is a good personality amongst the squad, & these are the reasons the last 3 managers have had him as an automatic starter.

We can clearly do better tho. Xhaka has historically cost us matches by getting sent off or by losing possession easily.

The question is, would Tielemans significantly move the needle in MF? What does he bring that Xhaka doesn't?

Genuinely would like to know...

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Tbh the only players I can think of that fix our midfield problems are absolutely world class.

That shouldn’t really be the case so I think it’s tactical tbh.
I think the best team have a player in the middle who can turn, use body feints to lose opponents and then have the acceleration to burst into the space over short distances.

City with Bernardo
Liverpool with Thiago
Barcelona with Pedri and De Jong
Madrid with Modric

Our midfield three are so slow, both Xhaka and Ødegaard have no acceleration. Partey can, but he's proven to be so inconsistent. Most games he gives away sloppy passes. I'm not sure a player of Tielemans profile will really solve this, but, it probably the best we can do at this stage of the window.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

I think the best team have a player in the middle who can turn, use body feints to lose opponents and then have the acceleration to burst into the space over short distances.

City with Bernardo
Liverpool with Thiago
Madrid with Modric

Our midfield three are so slow, both Xhaka and Ødegaard have no acceleration. Partey can, but he's proven to be so inconsistent. Most games he gives away sloppy passes. I'm not sure a player of Tielemans profile will really solve this, but, it probably the best we can do at this stage of the window.
This is why I say we need two midfielders because every one of those sides have a dynamic and athletic six who is tidy on the ball but strong in winning back possession.

City with Rodri
Liverpool with Fabinho
Barcelona with Busquets
Madrid with Casemiro

Nunowoolmez

Established Member

City with Bernardo
Liverpool with Thiago
Madrid with Modric

I really think ESR could evolve into this kind of player.

Jacob Ramsey of Villa looks a decent prospect, but think he will be staying at Villa.

Jude Bellingham would be ideal, but mo chance of that right now.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Yeah he could but tbh any winger could be a very good number 8 in terms of evading the press and driving forward.

The reason it rarely Happens is because it’s a completely different area of the pitch and also requires some defensive duties/positional discipline. I don’t think turning ESR into a no8 is something that happens quickly.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Yeah he could but tbh any winger could be a very good number 8 in terms of evading the press and driving forward.

The reason it rarely Happens is because it’s a completely different area of the pitch and also requires some defensive duties/positional discipline. I don’t think turning ESR into a no8 is something that happens quickly.
No, I agree.

I think the potential is there, but he needs to work on his fitness.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Don't forget Matheus Nunes. He can be the right profile
Tbh I don't really know about this player. See the name mentioned a lot on here.

Tielemans seems like one of those luxury players. If he lacks raw athleticism, then I'm not sure he improves us?

He might add to the creativity, but then if he cant run, he will burden us defensively. He kind of seems like a luxury player?

ArsenalInMyHeart

This is your brain on ITK addiction
Tbh I don't really know about this player. See the name mentioned a lot on here.

Tielemans seems like one of those luxury players. If he lacks raw athleticism, then I'm not sure he improves us?

He might add to the creativity, but then if he cant run, he will burden us defensively. He kind of seems like a luxury player?
I don't think he will be expensive. He is so strong, and quick. He is a real box-to-box.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Jacob Ramsey of Villa looks a decent prospect, but think he will be staying at Villa.

Jude Bellingham would be ideal, but mo chance of that right now.
Fábio Vieira is a candidate for the role as well. Frankly I want to see how he does first before I'm convinced that we really need another CM, he seems like a big time talent.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
As I see it, Zinc might do it while Tierney is the Lb.
I don’t think it’s wise to start games with those two on regular basis, considering they’re both injury-prone. We can try to be creative about it, but ultimately we need another CM of quality. I see the midfield positions similarly to the centre back positions. You need three options for the course of the season that the manager can 100% trust. I don’t consider Elneny or Lokonga to be worthy options because neither are suitable replacements. We need one more.

Arsenal:
CB: Saliba, White, Gabriel
CM: Partey, Xhaka, ???

City:
CB: Stones, Laporte, Dias
CM: Rodri, Gundogan, Philips

Liverpool:
CB: Van Dijk, Konate, Matip
CM: Fabinho, Thiago, Henderson

Chelsea:
CB: Koulibaly, Silva, Cucarella
CM: Kovavic, Jorginho, Kante

United:
CB: Maguire, Martinez, Varane
CM: Fred, McTominay, ???

Sp**s:
CB: Romero, Dier, Davies
CM: Bentancur, Holjberg, Winks

MikeVinna

Established Member
I really don’t see what Xhaka does that makes people think he’s so hard to replace. Tielemans is the far better player as a central midfielder that plays high up the pitch. Xhaka is a deeplying playmaker ffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom