• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Youri Tielemans

Status
Not open for further replies.

StefanB

For me Tielemans is similar than Cazorla, he needs someone who can protect him.
Nunes or Paqueta, they are strong, fast and good at defensive

Yeah the same for me. That is also how he has been used for Leicester when he performed the best. In a double pivot with Ndidi doing most of the defensive work.

He would have to play deep with Partey and that would work fine, but if Partey is out we're exposed as we have no one capable of doing what Partey does.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
After watching him today again he was okay wasn't totally committed because we all know he don't want to stay.

He was adding alot to Leicester attack nearly scored from long shot but confirmed to me today again defensively he doesn't add much

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
It's about having different profile i think we going for Tielemans because he cheap and will save us money for winger Paqueta or nunes will be north 40m and when we not selling well that affect our ability to spend big on winger

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
We are going to struggle vs physical teams with pace and power in midfield.

City were able to hide Zinchekos defensive flaws far more effectively than we can as they have superior technical players, especially in midfield.

We need to really invest in someone who is technical but also physical.

Yes Tielemans is adapted to the Premier league and yes he has high ball recoveries, but that is within a system where Leicester play a counter attacking style.

If you get past Tielemans, he isn't catching you. He also similar to Partey. Partey is able to turn away from pressure and beat the press quite a lot during the game. However, there is always that one time in a game where he doesn't check his shoulders or he plays a pass blind, or simply gives it away. It happens every match. Xhaka is the same. 95% pass completion is pointless if that 5 per cent is just giving the ball away in dangerous areas.

Matheus Nunes is 6 ft tall and FAST. That alone means he is on a level playing field with the most physical midfielders in the league. He could go toe to toe with someone like Fabinho and come out on top.
If you past Xhaka he won't catch you neither. He is even slower than Tielmans. And at least Youri is better going forward.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
If we sign him I'll play him rcm. Ode should play lcm. I know ode and saka have good link up. But I feel ode takes too many touches trying to get it back to left foot. And tielemans is rocking at rcm for Leicester. He also hits those kdb type crosses from the right. I feel we will miss those if we play him on the left.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

People thinking if he is an upgrade on Xhaka without realizing that we need quality depth in midfield, which is at minimum at Xhaka's level.

If you only look at output from Transfermarkt, last three seasons Xhaka has 3 points in EPL, while Tielemans has had 9 or 10 points for three seasons in a row. Last two seasons he has had 5 more goals than Xhaka.

We also need to move on from Xhaka at some point, also Elneny next season. Need to make use of some of these midfield contracts that are ending soon in the market.

United going for Rabiot with a year in contract. I know I would choose Tielemans with a year in contract every time.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
People thinking if he is an upgrade on Xhaka without realizing that we need quality depth in midfield, which is at minimum at Xhaka's level.

If you only look at output from Transfermarkt, last three seasons Xhaka has 3 points in EPL, while Tielemans has had 9 or 10 points for three seasons in a row. Last two seasons he has had 5 more goals than Xhaka.

We also need to move on from Xhaka at some point, also Elneny next season. Need to make use of some of these midfield contracts that are ending soon in the market.

United going for Rabiot with a year in contract. I know I would choose Tielemans with a year in contract every time.
Agreed. Without trying to go all "Management Mik" on you, there's something about not letting perfect be the enemy of the good.

Might just be that we are targeting a different position now though. Honestly although I want both, it's hard to argue that cover for Partey is now our most pressing need and Tielemans ain't that.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Tielemans and Rabiot are very different midfielders but I agree that I'd prefer him. I think he has to be coming here otherwise we would've seen him looking elsewhere unless he's planning on a free.

drippin

Agreed. Without trying to go all "Management Mik" on you, there's something about not letting perfect be the enemy of the good.

Might just be that we are targeting a different position now though. Honestly although I want both, it's hard to argue that cover for Partey is now our most pressing need and Tielemans ain't that.
Yeah, true. It could also be that Arteta goes for 4-2-3-1 if needed.

But in any case, Tielemans this summer is cheap enough that Arsenal should plan ahead with these kind of transfers. It wouldn't hurt much if we have too much cover for midfield for once, for example so that Elneny doesn't play too much this season. Or that we loan Sambi.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Don’t we need a winger more than a midfielder now we have Zinchencko and Vieira?

Especially if Pepe leaves.

drippin

Not very hard to guess that the rumours will increase before our match against Leicester. It's expected that Arsenal tries to disturb Leicester before the match against them.

Who is this guy?

Kysus

Don’t we need a winger more than a midfielder now we have Zinchencko and Vieira?

Especially if Pepe leaves.
The deeper CM position is the most worrying to me.
Tielemans, in my opinion, could play as DLP and therefore be an alternative to Partey too.

We fell apart after Partey's injury last season and we haven't done enough to ensure that the same doesn't happen again

Makavelii

Agree with the folks saying that CM is more important.

Partey or Xhaka injury means we're screwed.
Saka or Martinelli injury and we still have some strong options. ESR can play either side and Pepe has a lot to prove + was playing well in his last spell last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom