• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Youri Tielemans

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

don't know if it's reliable or not, so I'll leave Yousif or A__G to unlock the thread if the report is good.

ragnarock

Just finished arguing with myself that a wide forward makes more sense than an 8 c’mon now..
I thought I was convincing af…

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Will be happy if we close the window with Tielemans. Especially for the rumored fee. Enough quality to provide that depth we need.

Mikel will take him to the next level.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Don't see it happening. If we were signing a couple of players then maybe but I think only one comes in and Arteta mentioned firepower. That's not Tielemans.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Been said a few pages back but we are getting hung up on like for like replacements without recognising how we play. We are on the front foot a lot more. We dont necessarily need a shield if we are pressing high. We need someone can play football at the base and play between the lines with the odd foul needed to stop transitions. Tielemans can do that. Hes been doing it for years in England.

ChefMan21

Been said a few pages back but we are getting hung up on like for like replacements without recognising how we play. We are on the front foot a lot more. We dont necessarily need a shield if we are pressing high. We need someone can play football at the base and play between the lines with the odd foul needed to stop transitions. Tielemans can do that. Hes been doing it for years in England.
Especially this late in the window we need players like him if genuine superstars or wonderkids aren't available. No need for him to adapt to the league because he's already adapted to the league. Him, Zaha, Neves, Luiz, etc are players that keep momentum going and carry you at the end of the season. Get it done imo

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
How is Tonali an alternative to Tielemans, though, shouldn't it be the other way around?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
When we did even make first bid?

Guess at the end if we don't make the move he'll stay and chose his team next summer because his salary will be higher he'll be free agent. There absolutely no other team linked with him other than Arsenal.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Guess at the end if we don't make the move he'll stay and chose his team next summer because his salary will be higher he'll be free agent. There absolutely no other team linked with him other than Arsenal.

He's average & not combative at all. Now I know why Monaco never fought tooth & nail to keep him.

We'll have much better targets to look at next summer inshallah.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
He's average & not combative at all. Now I know why Monaco never fought tooth & nail to keep him.

We'll have much better targets to look at next summer inshallah.
Look bit physically done because he been playing since 17 years old but with us he'll be rotating with us

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed

Somebody ask Ben Jacobs.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐

I would rather for example pay a £20m transfer fee but pay him under 200k rather than get him for free and make him our highest paid player or on par with Partey.

Keeping the wage structure intact is nice, and lower wages = easier to sell if we need to. We also get him for an extra year too. Would be silly to wait it out if we actually want him.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
I would rather for example pay a £20m transfer fee but pay him under 200k rather than get him for free and make him our highest paid player or on par with Partey.

Keeping the wage structure intact is nice, and lower wages = easier to sell if we need to. We also get him for an extra year too. Would be silly to wait it out if we actually want him.
That true but if we don't move for him now we'll never will. next summer if we want to buy midfielder we'll target more better players

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
That true but if we don't move for him now we'll never will. next summer if we want to buy midfielder we'll target more better players
Yes its now or never. If we see a long term plan for him in this squad and this system, then we should just sign him. He can certainly be the difference between no top4 and getting top 4.

There is no doub though there is players out there we can be more patient about who can improve us more. It just depends if we want to improve the side now. I think we should, because top 4 is there for the taking and I dont want to fall short again. Neto and Tielemans gives us the 3rd best squad in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom