• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Youri Tielemans

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChefMan21

Every bloody club will be in for him if he's out of contract. Either bid now and get it done, or don't bother; in transfer terms this one is pretty black and white.

Makavelii

Being interested in Tonali and Caicedo is more interesting to me.

Caicedo in particular looks an absolute stud prospect. He looks better than Bissouma and he’s 20 years old ffs.
Good ball winner and wins most of his duels.

But he doesn’t seem to work as hard as a Tielemans or any of our 3 midfield starters.
I’m not 100% convinced just yet.

Legend14

Established Member
Don't see it happening. If we were signing a couple of players then maybe but I think only one comes in and Arteta mentioned firepower. That's not Tielemans.
I disagree that Tielemans is not firepower. He is better in attack than all our starting CMs.

That said, I do agree we are looking for a forward.

I prefer 6, than forward. Tielemans is an 8.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
You can't judge him today game fofana who gonna cost 80m looked much worse.

All about different profile we won't be replacing xhaka this season to have Tielemans to rotate with Xhaka is something we should aim for
As well as Chaka has been playing I’d still pull the plug and play Tielemans he is a very gifted player. He wants out of Leicester and club is in bit of turmoil so it’s impacting his play but because of those reasons he could be had at the right price

Farzad Stoned

Does anyone really care? I don’t.
I consider him a big upgrade on Xhaka and think in low to mid 30s he is a buy with talent and value. I’d prefer Weston Mckinnie but Xhaka despite the purple patch is not good enough

AmeriGooner

I consider him a big upgrade on Xhaka and think in low to mid 30s he is a buy with talent and value. I’d prefer Weston Mckinnie but Xhaka despite the purple patch is not good enough
It’s McKennie. For someone who talks about him every post its inconceivable that you haven’t spelled his name right once.

But yes, he’s quality and would be perfect for that role.

Not sure on the dressing room fit though.

Farzad Stoned

It’s McKennie. For someone who talks about him every post its inconceivable that you haven’t spelled his name right once.

But yes, he’s quality and would be perfect for that role.

Not sure on the dressing room fit though.

How do you know he wouldn’t be good for the dressing room. From all accounts he seems to be a good kid and a hard worker and he is entering a pretty good chemistry club on the upswing. These are grown men, world class athletes, when they see that he can play a ton of positions why wouldn’t they like him.

I don’t really care about spelling as you can tell, seen him play on national team, schalke and Juve for me he is best of US players and our team needs players like Zinchenko that can ably play multiple positions. That is principal reason I like White as. With three Swiss Army knives like that you can deal with inevitable Arsenal injury collapse.

Legend14

Established Member
How do you know he wouldn’t be good for the dressing room. From all accounts he seems to be a good kid and a hard worker and he is entering a pretty good chemistry club on the upswing. These are grown men, world class athletes, when they see that he can play a ton of positions why wouldn’t they like him.

I don’t really care about spelling as you can tell, seen him play on national team, schalke and Juve for me he is best of US players and our tv team needs players like Zinchenko that can ably play multiple positions. That is principal reason I like White as. With three Swiss Army knives like that you can deal with inevitable Arsenal injury collapse.
US players are overlooked occasionally because soccer isn’t our primary sport. Haven’t seen enough of him yet, but maybe Arsenal get him in January after Nov 25 World cup match. England will get a chance to see US players up close and personal.

Farzad Stoned

US players are overlooked occasionally because soccer isn’t our primary sport. Haven’t seen enough of him yet, but maybe Arsenal get him in January after Nov 25 World cup match. England will get a chance to see US players up close and personal.
Yes but if he has a good WC the price is more, as we say in the hood Ole USA it is all bang for the buck. I like Mckennie for 35 million at 50 million you can do better. I like Weah JR. to from Lille. A talented winger for nothing compared to Raphina.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think Zinc will step in for Partey and do surprisingly well if anything happens tbh. Just a hunch.

Want another winger really

I think you are right. Partey isn't s good tackler. He gets dribbled past quite a lot. He also doesn't have recovery pace. So once you are past him, he isn't catching you. There is no difference from Zinchenko in this respect.

Partey reads the game well and recovers the ball well due to his physical strength. If Partey gets there before you and puts his body in the way, it is very difficult to get it off him due to his sheer size and strength. He protects it well.

Zincheko also intercepts and reads the game well, but he doesn't have the physicality to recover. What he does have is the ability to manipulate the ball with skill.

I think he could play the Partey role with Tierney at left back and probably Tomi at right back for the added protection during transitions.

The squad on the whole is pretty complete. Development points are a Partey successor, a lcb, a wide forward, an attacking rb and a left 8.

I think we have the time and resources to bring in one player. So I would hold off on the following:

LCB - Saliba and Tomi can play there. Holding is an emergency option and is happy to be there. This can wait till the summer where we could look to upgrade on Gabriel rather than back him up.

Attacking rb- BNC will return next season and take a place in the squad if he has a good year. No signing needed.

Left 8 - Xhaka is durable. There is scope for Zinchenko, Vieira and Lokonga to play there. We are well stocked there currently as Edu said. This isn't a necessity.

Partey replacement/successor - dependent on his off the pitch issues, but we should be looking ahead now. Again, I think we can cope with his absence due to Zinchenko.

Wide forward. This is the big one. This is the one that needs to get done in my opinion. If you look at the two wide positions. We have 2 players who can dribble and get to the byline but also cut inside. If we lose one of them, it means one side of our attack becomes a playmaker wide player. This would work with an overlapping full back, but then when can't invert.

Last season the single point of failure was Partey. This season, it is Martinelli or Saka. If we buy that additional wide player who can play either side. Like a Doku or a Neto. Our style of play remains the same. I think the wide player is key and the club are doing the smart thing prioritising it.

Champions league football gives us a shot at Bellingham in the summer. Could you imagine the statement?

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
You guys entered the wishlist land pretending to be Man City or early days Abramovic Chelsea.

How does this guy improve us? Maybe he could add a few more goals than Xhaka in this new system where Xhaka is being pushed forward, but other than that he isn't adding much. Xhaka not heading out also makes this transfer completely bizarre.

If anything, I would expect us to wait until his contract is out and we end up in the CL, we don't need him for anything this year, and Xhaka so far has proven to be highly reliable in terms of availability (whether we like it or not)

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
You guys entered the wishlist land pretending to be Man City or early days Abramovic Chelsea.

How does this guy improve us? Maybe he could add a few more goals than Xhaka in this new system where Xhaka is being pushed forward, but other than that he isn't adding much. Xhaka not heading out also makes this transfer completely bizarre.

If anything, I would expect us to wait until his contract is out and we end up in the CL, we don't need him for anything this year, and Xhaka so far has proven to be highly reliable in terms of availability (whether we like it or not)

We currently have the following midfield options: Xhaka, Partey, Elneny, Lakonga. AMN is leaving and Lakonga has been rumoured to be loaned out. We're very low on numbers

If Tielemans is an upgrade on Xhaka, there shouldn't be an issue with Xhaka being benched.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom