• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Youri Tielemans

Status
Not open for further replies.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

My original point was our form picked up after Xhaka returned to the squad on December 6th
Not getting into your argument otherwise, but we have talked about it earlier that date being exactly the date when Aubameyang was taken out of the squad.

So it's impossible to say that it was Xhaka that made the diffence, because both obviously had to do with it.

Personally I see Xhaka and Tielemans being about the same level players through their career, but Tielemans is 4,5 years younger. Different kind of players though with different strengths.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Locking this for the second time.

Angry Manchester City GIF by DAZN

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

I honestly hope we avoid him.

Fairweather player with a WEAK mentality who pops up every now & again with a worldie.

If he arrives in June, I predict he'll be sent to Elba Marseille in January as he won't match the intensity Tets demands from our current squad :lol:

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I honestly hope we avoid him.

Fairweather player with a WEAK mentality who pops up every now & again with a worldie.

If he arrives in June, I predict he'll be sent to Elba Marseille in January as he won't match the intensity Tets demands from our current squad :lol:
Why does he have a weak mentality?

There was a period of about 18 months he was one of the best CM in the PL. He was valued about 50-60m.

Things have went abit stale at Leicester and he probably has his move in his mind. But to say he wouldn't be a useful addition to our squad at 25 years old is mad in my opinion.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Going from Lokonga to Tielemans is big upgrade i don't think we'll buy starting quality midfielder Partey and Xhaka dominating everything and they not old one is 30 the other 29 both have 3 years at least before they start decline so all about depth important we get Partey depth right i have no info about Danilo but hope he good.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Source level?

Tbh, he does have some qualities I feel can really, really help us (incisive, progressive passing, great range, good press resistance and ability to receive deep, impressive long shot).

I wonder if he can play as a 5 for us...if he could, that would be brilliant, we could avoid the overbooking in the squad (ESR and Vieira in big trouble), and big consequences on the pathway for Patino, MLS, and Nwaneri that would come with signing him, another midfielder, and a wide player, though it might be a bit much to ask to get through this season with Elneny as our back-up to Thomas.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Why not just spend 20m and get him 12 months earlier, quite risky to leave the midfield so light just to save money

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

A squad player at their peak for free? PL experience and international? Who like?

I'm not considering him like a first team player but a good squad player better than Lokonga.

If this is the case I concede he would certainly be an upgrade on his compatriot & Djemba-Djemba reincarnation, Lokonga :lol:

drippin

Tbh, he does have some qualities I feel can really, really help us (incisive, progressive passing, great range, good press resistance and ability to receive deep, impressive long shot).

I wonder if he can play as a 5 for us...if he could, that would be brilliant, we could avoid the overbooking in the squad (ESR and Vieira in big trouble), and big consequences on the pathway for Patino, MLS, and Nwaneri that would come with signing him, another midfielder, and a wide player, though it might be a bit much to ask to get through this season with Elneny as our back-up to Thomas.
This might be the plan. Get Tielemans who can play DMF against easier opponents, while Partey can against tougher opponents. Tielemans is Xhaka level for the CMF role I think.

Then get another DMF like Danilo, or someone in January. Get rid of Elneny and Sambi next summer.

I was surprised to look at Partey vs. Tielemans stats this season. They are quite close in every aspect. Comments?

Press "Toggle per 90" for every stat.

drippin

Why not just spend 20m and get him 12 months earlier, quite risky to leave the midfield so light just to save money
He wasn't for sale for 20 million last summer. Even now Leicester is in danger of relegation, so 20 million might not do it even in January.

Villa didn't sell Douglas Luiz with a year in contract for 25 million pounds. Tielemans is much better rated player.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Still not sure about the reliability of these links but we'll likely know more in January he not signing any new contract

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
A lot of disrespect being shown to my man Xhaka here… I don’t like it. Don’t like it one bit.

“Stats” don’t tell you how intelligent a player is in reading spaces and moving accordingly. This season at least, Xhaka has been bordering on WC in this aspect.

I would like tielemans as a bench option, far better than what we have currently. But even raising the question of whether he could replace Xhaka in our first 11 is a capital offence in at least 37 countries.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Maybe you don't think he's that great overall but how many of our squad players let alone starters have world class long shooting and passing. Ideally you'd find someone with a bit more athleticism but I think having elite attributes means he adds value to the team especially as part of a healthy rotation.

There are definitely some games where you'd want him to start, especially if you want to play direct/long balls over the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom