• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Youri Tielemans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Feels like he's maybe a bit checked out at Leicester knowing this will be his last season with them.

If the £25m fee is roughly accurate we should be all over it. Even if he doesn't pan out great here we'd be able to move him on without losing any money.

These days £25m is a squad player money for a good side. I think he's capable of at least that here, if not more.

Impact

Established Member
Because of the other positions of priority, it is vastly under-appreciated how much we could use another playmaker in the squad. We are one Ødegaard injury away from having to find a new balance in attack. Tielemans solves that.

MauveGunner

Player:Rice
25M? We should be all over that imo. But it will all depends what happens to Xhaka. He'll have to leave. Tielemans isn't coming to play second fiddle.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

25M? We should be all over that imo. But it will all depends what happens to Xhaka. He'll have to leave. Tielemans isn't coming to play second fiddle.
Arteta as former City & Pep coach surely wants enough good depth, especially if we get UCL.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
His performance v Sp**s, when the **** won in the last minute, disgraceful.

Don't think I can ever forget that, tbh.

Really don't think he is what we are looking for, think he will be a defensive liability trying to play Xhaka's role here.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Because of the other positions of priority, it is vastly under-appreciated how much we could use another playmaker in the squad. We are one Ødegaard injury away from having to find a new balance in attack. Tielemans solves that.

Hmm I dunno, I think with ESR even if Ødegaard were to go down (god forbid) we'd be aight.

That said Tielemans for £25M is a no brainer, if we make CL I do really hope it's a signing we can complete.

Will also be funny because of the certain smart mouth Leicester fans that like to sniff around here.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster

ESR (our literal number 10) provides some back up to Ødegaard and was effective over a longish run of games last year. I guess it depends whether they see him out on the wing or in the centre long term.

But Tielemans could have a similar sort of utility, covering 10 and CM/8 positions. If the aim is for a high quality but tight squad then it makes some sense.

drippin

I thought that Liverpool has enough midfielders, but actually they might need some.

They have Fabinho and Henderson as the more DMF ones.

They have Thiago, Keita and Jones as the CMF/AMF types.

They likely get rid of Ox and Milner, so I guess they want more midfielders.

Goonger

I thought that Liverpool has enough midfielders, but actually they might need some.

They have Fabinho and Henderson as the more DMF ones.

They have Thiago, Keita and Jones as the CMF/AMF types.

They likely get rid of Ox and Milner, so I guess they want more midfielders.

Don't forget Harvey Elliot as well who's been playing in the midfield 3.

drippin

Don't forget Harvey Elliot as well who's been playing in the midfield 3.
Ah, true.

Also FBref says Tielemans is in the 17th percentile for pressures. Not sure how that works out with Klopp's tactics for a CMF?

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
I like him but massive question marks about the defensive side of his game. If Arteta can work on and improve that then we’ll have ourselves a proper player.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Need Xhaka to do a Giroud esque Vardy interview on Tubbymans, about how he can't wait to play with him.

Youri will then **** himself, and stay as a big fish in his small pond.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom