• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Youri Tielemans

Status
Not open for further replies.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Just don't see where he fits tbh...not counting Lokonga & Mo
We have Ode & Viera
Xhaka & ESR
He wont be rotating with Partey.

Ok he could be a great depth option for both positions but what would that mean for Viera & ESR ?

Quality player tho...
If you get a player of his level for 15-20 million in January, you do it. EPL proven and all. It's an instant upgrade to the squad, there are going to be many games left in the season. He has takers for free in the summer, so it would also guarantee landing him.

I have asked this before, but no one answered. Look at his stats vs. Partey (press "toggle per 90" to all).

He has very similar stats to Partey this season in EPL, and even his defensive stats are comparable.

Partey is a bit better long passer it seems. Partey has only a bit better "dribbled past" stats. Tielemans has a bit more tackles, and much more blocks. Partey has a bit more interceptions, and much more clearances. Tackle percentage is 50 for both. Also interesting that Tielemans has 12,5 better aerial win percentage. Fouls committed and drawn is also almost the same. Recoveries too.

With the long interest in Tielemans, plus getting Vieira for example, and looking at those defensive stats (when I have watched Tielemans, I have mostly thought he does do his defensive duties, only sometimes when he is dribbled past I have seen him start his trademark jogging) do people think Tielemans could cover the DMF role in easier matches? Let's say FA Cup, UEL before the tough opponents and bottom of the table clubs where breaking the bus is needed?

Why are these defensive (and other) stats so even this year? Does Tielemans have an unfair defensive reputation because everyone remembers his jogging against Sp**s etc.?

drippin

He is not a DM. He is Sambi level defensively
He's not a DMF, everyone knows he is CMF mostly. But please show us the stats/proof that he is Sambi level defensively.

I just showed that this season in EPL he is comparable to Partey defensively.

This guy has 1-2 good games out of 10. For a starter, we should be looking for better.

I've been following him since his early days at Anderlecht.
For Leicester, he plays number 8 position, sometimes number 10. He's no Xhaka and he's no Ødegaard. BUT, at 15M, he would be a great addition to our squad in terms of depth.

Get him, send Lokonga out on loan. I think Burnley would be a good option for him with Kompany as coach there.

My problem with him is not the talent, cause he certainly is talented, it's more his motivation and his long unpredicting spells of awfull games.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

He's not a DMF, everyone knows he is CMF mostly. But please show us the stats/proof that he is Sambi level defensively.

I’m actually wrong. I think Sambi is better than him defensively. He is stronger, wins more balls and cover more of the pitch. This guy is defensively non existent.

drippin

This guy has 1-2 good games out of 10. For a starter, we should be looking for better.

I've been following him since his early days at Anderlecht.
For Leicester, he plays number 8 position, sometimes number 10. He's no Xhaka and he's no Ødegaard. BUT, at 15M, he would be a great addition to our squad in terms of depth.

Get him, send Lokonga out on loan. I think Burnley would be a good option for him with Kompany as coach there.

My problem with him is not the talent, cause he certainly is talented, it's more his motivation and his long unpredicting spells of awfull games.
It's Xhaka's best season in Arsenal shirt. Xhaka has 7.00 rating in WhoScored in EPL this season.

Tielemans has 6.97 rating in EPL this season.

So does Xhaka also this season have 1-2 good games out of 10, because the rating in EPL is almost identical?

Or what am I missing?

Everyone knows he has lost motivation for Leicester for a long time as he is UCL level player. That's surely not a problem when he goes to a top team.

drippin

I’m actually wrong. I think Sambi is better than him defensively. He is stronger, wins more balls and cover more of the pitch. This guy is defensively non existent.
Thanks for the conversation. Back to ignore you go.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

If you get a player of his level for 15-20 million in January, you do it. EPL proven and all. It's an instant upgrade to the squad, there are going to be many games left in the season. He has takers for free in the summer, so it would also guarantee landing him.

I have asked this before, but no one answered. Look at his stats vs. Partey (press "toggle per 90" to all).

He has very similar stats to Partey this season in EPL, and even his defensive stats are comparable.

Partey is a bit better long passer it seems. Partey has only a bit better "dribbled past" stats. Tielemans has a bit more tackles, and much more blocks. Partey has a bit more interceptions, and much more clearances. Tackle percentage is 50 for both. Also interesting that Tielemans has 12,5 better aerial win percentage. Fouls committed and drawn is also almost the same. Recoveries too.

With the long interest in Tielemans, plus getting Vieira for example, and looking at those defensive stats (when I have watched Tielemans, I have mostly thought he does do his defensive duties, only sometimes when he is dribbled past I have seen him start his trademark jogging) do people think Tielemans could cover the DMF role in easier matches? Let's say FA Cup, UEL before the tough opponents and bottom of the table clubs where breaking the bus is needed?

Why are these defensive (and other) stats so even this year? Does Tielemans have an unfair defensive reputation because everyone remembers his jogging against Sp**s etc.?

I would rather have Xhaka cover the DM role in easier matches.

But with enough coaching it could work. Pep sometimes plays Gundogan as his DM and they destroyed Man United with that system.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Thanks for the conversation. Back to ignore you go.
Have you actually watched the guy play? He is a good player. But not very good defensively. He is really good on the ball. But he really covers small area of the pitch and doesn’t have great engine

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

The way I view it is that he’s not a starter, but he’s going to get a lot of games.

But if you view Tielemans as purely an asset and ignore how he’ll do for us then you still have good business due to his profile, EPL experience and so on. Say a year from now the move hasn’t worked out there’ll still be plenty of top clubs who know what he’s about and will pay a very good fee for him. It’s not unlikely that we even make a profit if he really is going for 15M. That’s less than Lokonga.

The only way I don’t sign him for the price quoted is if we already have a top CM lined up for the summer.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli

I think this is one of those cases where stats aren’t telling you the full picture. Tielemens would be a horror show in DM because his positioning is awful. Idk what stats there are that would back this up. It’s one of (if not THE) most important aspects of being a DM. Gilberto Silva is the best example. He wasn’t really elite at anything but his positioning was WC. Tielemens don’t got it. Would much rather have ElNeny in DM. Tielemens is fine as a Xhaka replacement.

But then so is Vieira. Potentially ESR. I’m not sold on this transfer. I do agree that it’s a great opportunity to get a good player for cheap. But he will eat in to our wage bill, which we’ve worked very very hard to sort out. He doesn’t start for me. Idk. I’m not against it, I’m just not frothing at the idea.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

The way I view it is that he’s not a starter, but he’s going to get a lot of games.

But if you view Tielemans as purely an asset and ignore how he’ll do for us then you still have good business due to his profile, EPL experience and so on. Say a year from now the move hasn’t worked out there’ll still be plenty of top clubs who know what he’s about and will pay a very good fee for him. It’s not unlikely that we even make a profit if he really is going for 15M. That’s less than Lokonga.

The only way I don’t sign him for the price quoted is if we already have a top CM lined up for the summer.
Arteta has never been much into rotating players. Atleast not in the league. You either part of first 11 or you not and if you are fit you will start every PL game

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Arteta has never been much into rotating players. Atleast not in the league. You either part of first 11 or you not and if you are fit you will start every PL game
I think he’s just a bit of a spoilt manager. :lol:

Once he gets multiple top players we might start to see rotation. I’m sure he saw the benefits of it at Man City.

drippin

I would rather have Xhaka cover the DM role in easier matches.

But with enough coaching it could work. Pep sometimes plays Gundogan as his DM and they destroyed Man United with that system.
That's another possibility (I have also suggested before). We haven't seen Xhaka there because now Partey has been fit and last season we didn't have almost any cover for him in CMF. And Xhaka has been so good in CMF this season.

drippin

I think this is one of those cases where stats aren’t telling you the full picture. Tielemens would be a horror show in DM because his positioning is awful. Idk what stats there are that would back this up. It’s one of (if not THE) most important aspects of being a DM. Gilberto Silva is the best example. He wasn’t really elite at anything but his positioning was WC. Tielemens don’t got it. Would much rather have ElNeny in DM. Tielemens is fine as a Xhaka replacement.

But then so is Vieira. Potentially ESR. I’m not sold on this transfer. I do agree that it’s a great opportunity to get a good player for cheap. But he will eat in to our wage bill, which we’ve worked very very hard to sort out. He doesn’t start for me. Idk. I’m not against it, I’m just not frothing at the idea.
If his positioning is awful (which I doubt a bit as he has been so highly rated and has so much experience, plus is a starter for Belgium), then you can put Xhaka as DMF. Tielemans is a huge upgrade to Elneny and Sambi, and there is no guarantee ESR can stay fit, perform at CMF, and we might need him for LW rotation. Vieira is an unknown quality still and needs time to adjust to EPL.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I think he’s just a bit of a spoilt manager. :lol:

Once he gets multiple top players we might start to see rotation. I’m sure he saw the benefits of it at Man City.
I think he is different from pep as pep was always known for tinkering and changing players. Arteta is a lot more cautious by nature. Laca and Nketiah last season is perfect example. Laca started for ages without doing much and nketiah barely existed. Then one day they switch and Laca barely existed. Once you in you will be in for a long time

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
If his positioning is awful (which I doubt a bit as he has been so highly rated and has so much experience, plus is a starter for Belgium), then you can put Xhaka as DMF. Tielemans is a huge upgrade to Elneny and Sambi, and there is no guarantee ESR can stay fit, perform at CMF, and we might need in in LW rotation.
I honestly think at dm elneny>Tielemens. The Egyptian Pirlo is so underrated around here…

drippin

I honestly think at dm elneny>Tielemens. The Egyptian Pirlo is so underrated around here…
But what about Xhaka vs. Elneny at DMF in this inverted fullback tactic? We haven't seen it. I have asked about opinions of Xhaka at DMF in this tactic many times, but got no answers.

Tielemans would be very important against lesser opponents, giving that edge to break busses, compared to Elneny. That's a night and day difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom