• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Youri Tielemans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

He's had a poor season by his standards. That doesn't make him a poor player overall. We've all seen his qualities and what he can do.

Half the people slating him now probably had him top of their wishlist 12 months ago.

Having said all that, £25-30m I'm in. Wouldnt be going much above that given his contract length though.

My problem is, is that we're crying out for a real top player in that left 8 position and I just don't see Tielemens improving us all that much in that regard. He's fine in a sense that he gives us another option but it doesn't improve our starting XI all that much so I think it's a tad underwhelming. I'd be fine with it tho if we go all out for our attack and bring in two top forwards.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
My problem is, is that we're crying out for a real top player in that left 8 position and I just don't see Tielemens improving us all that much in that regard. He's fine in a sense that he gives us another option but it doesn't improve our starting XI all that much so I think it's a tad underwhelming. I'd be fine with it tho if we go all out for our attack and bring in two top forwards.

Maybe he doesn't improve our starting eleven too much but we're paper thin depth wise in CM.

£30m is like a rotation player fee for top clubs these days I'd think.

Even if he came here and was just okay we could move him on in a couple of years without losing money given his age.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
His playmaking, vision and technique is better than what we have in our midfield. And if we're insistent on slow build up he's probably suited to that role. He'd also help unlock low block defenses and bring goals from midfield. Obviously he's lacking pace and that has it's issues.

So I tend to disagree that he doesn't improve our XI, I think he's probably a decent upgrade on Xhaka

Goonger

Interesting that Champions League finalists Real Madrid are named as our main competition, but we don't think he's an upgrade for us.

Tir Na Nog

Maybe he doesn't improve our starting eleven too much but we're paper thin depth wise in CM.

£30m is like a rotation player fee for top clubs these days I'd think.

Even if he came here and was just okay we could move him on in a couple of years without losing money given his age.

But I think a lot of people prefer the idea of signing a top CM to start and push Xhaka down the pecking order a bit. It's still seen as a weak point in some regards, or at least in comparison to the other two positions in midfield and maybe something holding us back and an all round more athletic midfielder would give us another dimension.

D

Deleted member 102404

Every time I see this guy play I see him make serious mistakes that have regularly cost his team a goal.
Much worse than Xhaka (before Xhaka seemed to cut out a lot of errors).
He's still young so might get better, but right now, I don't know what all the fuss is about.
Don't think he is as good as what we have.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
Every time I see this guy play I see him make serious mistakes that have regularly cost his team a goal.
Much worse than Xhaka (before Xhaka seemed to cut out a lot of errors).
He's still young so might get better, but right now, I don't know what all the fuss is about.
Don't think he is as good as what we have.

I had to admit this guy has been so bad this season but last season and two season ago he was very good. I think he just needs a fresh challenge and different manager to boost his morale and motivation.

Tir Na Nog

Looks like he was gassed to me lol.

Just as we're losing Lacazette we're bringing in this guy...... nah man.

But this is what you're up against in this league, Rice probably started this game too and look at him. This is the calibre of midfielder even at a club like West Ham.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Only way we buy sugar tits is if he’s £20m.

He isn’t an improvement on Lokonga.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
He’ll go for a lot less than £40m. One year left on his contract and hasn’t really developed that much since he left Monaco. Leicester won’t be getting back what they paid for him.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Would definitely take him if it's for 25m and as competition for Ødegaard. Need an upgraded Xhaka at LCM though, someone that can run and help put defensively and offensively.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
I'd still take him as I think a change of scenery is what he needs. He was someone I was really jealous of Leicester getting when they signed him permanently. I think he and Xhaka could rotate well depending on who we play. An outright better player than both of them would be ideal but I'm not sure how likely that will be for us.

Having said all that I don't like the idea that he's downed tools like some of the Leicester fans have been claiming. If he came here and started performing you'd really question his mentality, could possibly say the same for DCL.

GLITCH

We'd be better off targeting the player Leicester want to replace him with. I don't think rosy cheeks is an exciting signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom