• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Youri Tielemans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

If we continue to play 433 then we absolutely need 5 or 6 midfielders.

If you want to always have relentless energy in the middle of the park for 60+ games you arguably can't have enough quality in midfield. Liverpool have 8 decent midfielders, Fabinho, Thiago, Milner, Keita, Henderson, Ox, Jones and Elliot.

Bigger squad comes with bigger expectations and a manager who has ability to manage squad. The only thing that’s for sure about summer transfer is we gonna be in desperate need in January to make signings because we are short. For over a decade Arsenal has always had let’s do just about enough to get by while everyone big club has let’s build a solid squad for a long gruelling season.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

When Partey is fit we’ve been playing a single pivot:

Partey
Ødegaard Xhaka
If Elneny extends and Tielemans signs your looking at our backs up being:

Elneny
Patino Tielemans
Only way we sign another CM is if Xhaka leaves.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Partey
Ødegaard Xhaka

Elneny
Patino Tielemans
Tilesman is terrible defensively and can’t play in two. I expect him to become luxury backup for Ødegaard and us try to sign an actual midfielder in January. Don’t rate the guy

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Partey
Ødegaard Xhaka

Elneny
Patino Tielemans
I have big doubts on Patino staying next season. I rather see him on loan in League One or Championship. Likely League One at first with his thin frame.

Only way Elneny is Partey's first backup player, is that we need all the money we can get for strikers etc. And don't have as much funds as I think we do next summer if we get UCL.

Gunners1616

Not sure if anyone watches Brighton games, but i find it incredible that the club could be more attracted to Tielemans than Bissouma... The malian bosses the midfield every single game. A beast defensively, technically gifted and never tired.

Tielemans might gives you more offensive output but he ain't gonna solidify our midfield one bit.

Also Bissouma's contract ends in June 2023.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Come on that's hyperbolic. Look at some of the trash that start for Spuds and United and he'd obviously get into some lesser top half starting XIs. We can upgrade on him, but that won't necessarily be easy because he's still our best passer. Tielemans is a better more incisive passer but it's questionable whether he can match Xhaka's defensive contribution.

Oh and for the record, Vieira's red cards per Premier League game was a bit worse than Xhaka's and those were times when you could really leave a mark on your opponent and not get sent off

So it’s not Xhaka’s fault he can’t adjust to the the way oh the game has been officiated for the last 10years? Name a regular starting midfielder for a top 10 team you could buy cheaper than Xhaka? Xhaka is under 30 we would sell him for 20 million pounds last year, no one would buy him, Tielemans is worth at least 40 million. So what is hyperbolic is to give Xhaka some false parity to a player the market deems to be far superior.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Not sure if anyone watches Brighton games, but i find it incredible that the club could be more attracted to Tielemans than Bissouma... The malian bosses the midfield every single game. A beast defensively, technically gifted and never tired.

Tielemans might gives you more offensive output but he ain't gonna solidify our midfield one bit.

I’d prefer Bissouma as well.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I have big doubts on Patino staying next season. I rather see him on loan in League One or Championship. Likely League One at first with his thin frame.

Only way Elneny is Partey's first backup player, is that we need all the money we can get for strikers etc. And don't have as much funds as I think we do next summer if we get UCL.

Watched some league one games recently and trust me you don't want him in that division. Virtually every team is a massive bunch of ****houses, it's all about physicality and direct footy. I think Patino would be better of staying at the club and training with the first team a bit.

drippin

I assume the reason might be that we don't want to lose our starting midfielders to AFCON at the same time. That's calling for big problems.

drippin

Watched some league one games recently and trust me you don't want him in that division. Virtually every team is a massive bunch of ****houses, it's all about physicality and direct footy. I think Patino would be better of staying at the club and training with the first team a bit.
Good point, but it's not like EPL will be easier and he needs a lot of games soon. He is not used to men's games.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Good point, but it's not like EPL will be easier and he needs a lot of games soon. He is not used to men's games.

Yeah, just don't think the football will suit him. Very rarely do the teams play out from the back and through midfield, don't think it would be of much use to him other than the fact it may toughen him up, which isn't a given either. Think the way forward with him is to just ease him into the first team like Saka/Foden gave been.

Rattata

No idea why we are talking about Patino, but the kid definitely needs a loan somewhere in Spain, Germany or even better Netherlands. Deep lying playmakers are wasted in the Championship.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
No idea why we are talking about Patino, but the kid definitely needs a loan somewhere in Spain, Germany or even better Netherlands. Deep lying playmakers are wasted in the Championship.

I think potentially the club may see him as the long term Xhaka successor, if he's as good as the way people make out. May impact the plans in that position in the summer.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Don’t want this guy. Doesn’t do enough of anything a midfielder should do to improve us. For something reallllyyyyy cheap like £25M I could half accept it, but anything more… nah. Pass.

Hard pass.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I propose we keep Xhaka and sign a CM, if it’s Tielemans then fine, cos it might be nice to have more than two senior quality midfielders. Just a thought.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
And probably that cm can’t just be a 6 like Rice, cos we’re still working our way through the Partey contract.

Any combination of Partey/Xhaka/Tielemans/Ødegaard in a 3 would be fine, I mean yeah he’s fat and can’t run but he is a baller tbf, stop moaning.

Henry boi

I think yall are being too harsh on Tielemans, but a 2nd cm signing is needed to cover for Partey, can't always have our seasons hopes resting on his shoulders as his injury prone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom