• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Youri Tielemans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Tilesman will make us weaker. Him and Ødegaard in midfield will never work. Neither have legs or much of defensive game. After few games we will realise this and try to either bench one or play one further up

OSBK

Established Member
I think people are alittle harsh. I do agree his mentality is not the best but aside from KDB all the current top belgain players are a bunch of bottlers. He is however a class player and can move the ball much better than what we currengly have. He is a CM not a CDM but he can stick his foot in. He would be a enormous upgrade on neny and xhaka and he walks into every team apart from pool or city.

The question is can arteta turn him into a elite mentality player like KDB.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I think people are alittle harsh. I do agree his mentality is not the best but aside from KDB all the current top belgain players are a bunch of bottlers. He is however a class player and can move the ball much better than what we currengly have. He is a CM not a CDM but he can stick his foot in. He would be a enormous upgrade on neny and xhaka and he walks into every team apart from pool or city.

The question is can arteta turn him into a elite mentality player like KDB.
He has very little fight in him and he is a player that lacks real athleticism and cover small areas. For me he is very similar player to Le Celso. Best player who can look good when the team is on. But not someone you want when it gets tough and just like the Argentinian he doesn’t have much of an engine

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Ofcourse he is no Thiago but i think he will make our midfield much better then it currently is.

OSBK

Established Member
He has very little fight in him and he is a player that lacks real athleticism and cover small areas. For me he is very similar player to Le Celso. Best player who can look good when the team is on. But not someone you want when it gets tough and just like the Argentinian he doesn’t have much of an engine

We will have to agree to disagree. I have said he has bottler mentality, thats something he can change with the right guidance. You also have to take into account he is playing in a crap team currently with a manager who is a serial bottler. He is far more dynamic and athletic than xhaka, neves or anyone else in the price bracket. Sure we would all love a marauding midfielder but those guys are not 25-30 mill.

MauveGunner

Player:Rice
We will have to agree to disagree. I have said he has bottler mentality, thats something he can change with the right guidance. You also have to take into account he is playing in a crap team currently with a manager who is a serial bottler. He is far more dynamic and athletic than xhaka, neves or anyone else in the price bracket. Sure we would all love a marauding midfielder but those guys are not 25-30 mill.
Would not say he has a bottler mentality. Captained RSCA at a young age, and led us to a title. But, as I said before, we don't need to buy him for his defensive capabilities. It's not his type of game. He is at his best when dictating the game.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
One thing you can say about him is he's rarely injured. Fed up of guys like Tomi, KT and Partey who are good players but missing half a season. But then again Partey never got injured before coming here...

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
Doesn't he play mostly on the right half space (which Ødegaard mostly occupies now) though?

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Doesn't he play mostly on the right half space (which Ødegaard mostly occupies now) though?

Good point. Think Arteta may move Ødegaard over to the left though, it's where he played at the start of the season in a few games (Norwich and Burnley) I seem to remember.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Good point. Think Arteta may move Ødegaard over to the left though, it's where he played at the start of the season in a few games (Norwich and Burnley) I seem to remember.
Both should be technically gifted enough to operate from both sides, but yeah both are predominantly right sided (or at least play there for their teams). Can see ESR being introduced to this role too. Not sure he has the legs for wing play. We'll see..

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Good signing, doesn’t get me off my seat like Jesus because I feel we need someone who can step in for Partey.

Neves or Bissouma would be very very good choices for us imo.

Why the **** are we extending Elneny?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom