• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Youri Tielemans

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳

There's a real question about who is better. Elneny is better in possession, much more active and not as hidden in possession to the extremes of quasi-midfielders like Coquelin or Willock and in this case Bissouma, but not as active in defence and dispossession.

Long story short: paying any substantial quantity for Bissouma would be madness.

The obsession with him on this forum is weird. He's a Doucoure level player, who I remember some wanted too back in the day when he was with Watford, haha.

Whatever you think of Tielemans, we're talking about two clearly different categories and levels of players. They don't belong in the same conversation, in short.
Think first time I have ever agreed with you. When you have a limited budget you don’t go spending a reasonable portion of it on a player like Bissouma. We should be able to find a reasonable player of his profile, if we are looking for a purely defensive player, for a relatively small amount.

mpower2540

There's a real question about who is better. Elneny is better in possession, much more active and not as hidden in possession to the extremes of quasi-midfielders like Coquelin or Willock and in this case Bissouma, but not as active in defence and dispossession.

Long story short: paying any substantial quantity for Bissouma would be madness.

The obsession with him on this forum is weird. He's a Doucoure level player, who I remember some wanted too back in the day when he was with Watford, haha.

Whatever you think of Tielemans, we're talking about two clearly different categories and levels of players. They don't belong in the same conversation, in short.
Bissouma isn't a better pure footballer than Tielemans but I still think we need both profiles. I’m not a data aficionado but I’ve seen Bissouma boss midfields single handedly. His performance against Sp**s away was outstanding.

I’ve said numerous times I think the drop off from Partey to Elneny is far too big for us to cope with him being injured for a large period of time if we want top 4.

Some people might disagree but I think our physicality is truly dreadful. I see so many players lose their duels, get ran past and taken to their physical limits, which is what worries me with only bringing in Tielemans for our midfield choice.

The way we get around it is either Partey stays fit for the majority of the season (doubt it), Sambi goes up a level (hopefully) or because of our increased firepower/match winners we can score our way out of trouble in games.

We need Tielemans for the L8, he’s an upgrade there for sure but if Partey goes down I think we’re in trouble, which has been the case for two seasons now.

MauveGunner

Player:Rice

7th percentile in progressive passes 🤦‍♂️

He's a destroyer. We already have Thomas who is a big club's version of a destroyer. We don't need or have any use for Francis Coquelin. Much less when he costs £30m and isn't even necessarily an upgrade on Elneny.
We do need a proper Partey back-up though.

I really don't get why people look at progressive passes and Goals/Assists for defensive type players. Like if that's what they need to do.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Why a finished Witsel is starting ahead of him for Belgium?

Makes you think.
Because Roberto Martínez doesn't know what he's doing. Dendoncker-Tielemans is their best midfield combo and neither of them played, and they got smashed 4-1.

Bissouma is more don't to us we not having a single 6 on the team when Partey gets injured and the team suffers because of it at times.

Obviously he's not as well rounded as Partey, far from it, but he could allow our other two midfielders are bit more freedom.
Bissouma is too expensive to be simply be a backup target. Boubacar Kamara was available on a free as a #6 and he signed for Aston Villa. We've screwed that up already. Florian Grillitsch is also available on a free. Ibrahim Sangaré from PSV is a cheaper alternative as well and he's pretty similar to Bissouma.

Fallout

We do need a proper Partey back-up though.

I really don't get why people look at progressive passes and Goals/Assists for defensive type players. Like if that's what they need to do.

Personally the biggest change I noticed from Partey to Elneny was we couldnt advance the ball forward quickly anymore.

Too many times Elneny got the ball and he just laid it off quickly to another defender, creating a perpetual cycle of pass pass pass in the backline that led to extra ball pressure + not feeding our forwards in dangerous spaces.

Partey's 80th percentile in progressive passes.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Arteta shouldn't be allowed to sign another DM. He's already invested 70plus million into that position and extended ElNeny. Let him develop Lokonga in the Europa league.

We need guys that can play ahead of the DM, which is why I think Tielemans would be a good signing, especially at that price.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Because Roberto Martínez doesn't know what he's doing. Dendoncker-Tielemans is their best midfield combo and neither of them played, and they got smashed 4-1.

Bissouma is too expensive to be simply be a backup target. Boubacar Kamara was available on a free as a #6 and he signed for Aston Villa. We've screwed that up already. Florian Grillitsch is also available on a free. Ibrahim Sangaré from PSV is a cheaper alternative as well and he's pretty similar to Bissouma.
I wouldn't say we screwed up with Kamara, Villa are paying him £175k per week which would have made him our 2nd highest paid player after Partey.

I suspect we may run into the same issue if we tried to sign Grillitsch.

Bissouma is too good to rotate with Partey and I doubt either would accept that role.

Sangare is a good shout though.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Bissouma isn't a better pure footballer than Tielemans but I still think we need both profiles. I’m not a data aficionado but I’ve seen Bissouma boss midfields single handedly. His performance against Sp**s away was outstanding.

I’ve said numerous times I think the drop off from Partey to Elneny is far too big for us to cope with him being injured for a large period of time if we want top 4.

Some people might disagree but I think our physicality is truly dreadful. I see so many players lose their duels, get ran past and taken to their physical limits, which is what worries me with only bringing in Tielemans for our midfield choice.

The way we get around it is either Partey stays fit for the majority of the season (doubt it), Sambi goes up a level (hopefully) or because of our increased firepower/match winners we can score our way out of trouble in games.

We need Tielemans for the L8, he’s an upgrade there for sure but if Partey goes down I think we’re in trouble, which has been the case for two seasons now.
Most of our fans are idiots tbh. So don’t expect them to realise this. Every season we fall off the same way and they still think your squad is supposed to have 11 good players and rest don’t have to be good. It’s been a decade I hear them say this player is good enough to be squad player. But they would not want him to play 5 games in row and said player is never good enough to challenge for a spot in the team. Even if a starter is in bad form they prefer the starter because the gap in quality is that big

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

lol you'd think Santi played CM for the club for years and years the way people talk.

I don't think he has made over 20 appearances in the league as cm at any point. If he has it can't have been for more than 1 season.

mpower2540

You didn't rate our Lego shaped manager occupying that role? 😂
Tbh I thought Arteta dealt quite manfully being our covering player. He was fine in games where we could dominate possession and he did read the game pretty well but he could get horribly exposed at times too. Arteta was a better player than Coq but the balance looked better to me when it Coq and Cazorla, not that that pairing was particularly good enough either.

mpower2540

Most of our fans are idiots tbh. So don’t expect them to realise this. Every season we fall off the same way and they still think your squad is supposed to have 11 good players and rest don’t have to be good. It’s been a decade I hear them say this player is good enough to be squad player. But they would not want him to play 5 games in row and said player is never good enough to challenge for a spot in the team. Even if a starter is in bad form they prefer the starter because the gap in quality is that big
Dunno if they're idiots, it's just part of being a fan. Sometimes you desperately try to justify moves made in order for yourself to have hope. I've done it often enough. You're right though I feel we're in a perpetual cycle of "ah it doesn't matter he's good enough to be backup" then said player comes in, tries their best but ultimately costs us points, fans go mental and then the club extends/sticks with them and the whole thing repeats.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Tbh I thought Arteta dealt quite manfully being our covering player. He was fine in games where we could dominate possession and he did read the game pretty well but he could get horribly exposed at times too. Arteta was a better player than Coq but the balance looked better to me when it Coq and Cazorla, not that that pairing was particularly good enough either.
I agree and I knew what you meant, I'll just never pass up a chance to have a pop at Arteta. 😂

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Dunno if they're idiots, it's just part of being a fan. Sometimes you desperately try to justify moves made in order for yourself to have hope. I've done it often enough. You're right though I feel we're in a perpetual cycle of "ah it doesn't matter he's good enough to be backup" then said player comes in, tries their best but ultimately costs us points, fans go mental and then the club extends/sticks with them and the whole thing repeats.
There are plenty of posters who says el neny is good enough squad player. But don’t want him to play. After years of watching him they still think he is good enough squad player

They think a squad player is one that doesn’t play and has zero chance to compete for a spot. Arteta himself didn’t rotate this season as he run his 11 to the ground. But still extended el neny and nketiah

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Cazorla and Coquelin, made us the 2015 calender year Champions...

maxresdefault.jpg

Riou

i still remember that, we could get the EPL if they were not injured. And we had the best Özil's version in 2015

Our 2015 team was a very good one, very underrated.

But then by 2016, it was pretty much broken up through injuries and transfers.

Never seen a quality team, ended as quickly as that before...the luck of Arsenal football club strikes again :lol:

Riou

Tielemans looks more like a very poor version of what Cesc was as our main CM, than Santi, in terms of style.

Really hope this doesn't happen, think it will be a terrible signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom