• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Youri Tielemans

Status
Not open for further replies.

TinFish

Don't know why people are trying to spin Youri taking a season off as anything but negative. He was crap last season it is what it is, no need to dress it up.

Worrying sign for me, but at £25m with the state of our midfield its a low risk no brainer
The same £25 would have got us Bissouma. A player who likes Arsenal and has been quality throughout.

ArsenalInMyHeart

This is your brain on ITK addiction
Our problem is without Partey nobody in our midfielder can contribute enough the ball for Ødegaard and connect the defense line and offensive line.
Bissouma is very good at defense but i don't think his profile is priority.
There is only Ødegaard has the ability to be creative. Xhaka/Lokonga/Elneny aren't not good like Bissouma but they are almost the same.
That why Tielemans is priority.

TinFish

Our problem is without Partey nobody in our midfielder can contribute enough the ball for Ødegaard and connect the defense line and offensive line.
Bissouma is very good at defense but i don't think his profile is priority.
There is only Ødegaard has the ability to be creative. Xhaka/Lokonga/Elneny aren't not good like Bissouma but they are almost the same.
That why Tielemans is priority.

As Tell. said, £50 million would have got us both. If we are willing to spend the same on Ben White, why not on two quality Premier League players that will address our midfield concerns and rotational issues?

Unfortunately we have to be realistic. People before was expecting 2 ST signings, it's likely we will only get one. People here are expecting 2 CM signings, it's likely we will only get one.

Jesus and Tielemans is my bet for this seasons marquee signings. Would obviously love to add players like Raphina and Zinchenko on top but anything past these 2 signings (not squad fillers like Hickey) are bonuses for me.

Arteta/Edu have too much faith in the playing squad that have served us many years. It was the same with Wenger, and why we were never able to push on further and always left feeling 2 players short each season.

The likes of Nketiah, Elneny and Lokonga (Travis Scott) as squad rotational options will not get us top 4. Any injury crisis will leave us in the mud once again.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Total non-report. They ain't going to bid until something provisionally agreed with player /agent, and that wasn't going to happen while he was away with Belgium. If we are serious about the player, the bids should start next week.
But the Athletic told me that Edu & Arteta already knew their transfer targets in January and they have been doing the work behind the scenes since then? Or did they spend those 6 months without even talking to the player? Also, technically you are not allowed to talk to a player until you have a permission/agreement with his club.

TornadoTed

Established Member
A year ago this would be looked on as a really exciting signing. Without having watched much of Leicester this season I'm choosing to hope and believe their fans have labelled him disinterested when that hasn't been the case, much in the same way a lot did with Auba here.

Given their league position I think it's safe to say the whole Leicester team dropped a level for various reasons.
It's hard to judge Leicester last season, they had colossal injury problems, especially in defence. When they got everyone fit they flew up the table and ended up 8th.

Goonger

It's hard to judge Leicester last season, they had colossal injury problems, especially in defence. When they got everyone fit they flew up the table and ended up 8th.
True, its like trying to judge Liverpool the season before when they had all those Centre Back injuries.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Like Liverpool last season after a few wrote them off I fancy Leicester returning to their 'true position' and compete for top 4 next season.

I think Tielemans was a big factor in their relative league standing so unless they can replace him they will struggle. Vardy isn't getting younger either

I won't pretend to have watched him live that much but his passing looks a bit Fabregassy on youtube. Can score banging winners and be combatative too

Goonger

Like Liverpool last season after a few wrote them off I fancy Leicester returning to their 'true position' and compete for top 4 next season.

Think they are at a bit of a crossroads. Tielemans will leave, Soyuncu only has 12 months left on his deal, they are talking about letting Soumare leave already.

They still have a core of very decent players, Fofana, Justin, Ndidi, Maddison, Barnes, Dewsbury-Hall, Vardy etc, but they need their signings from this summer to make a better impact than they did last year.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Think they are at a bit of a crossroads. Tielemans will leave, Soyuncu only has 12 months left on his deal, they are talking about letting Soumare leave already.

They still have a core of very decent players, Fofana, Justin, Ndidi, Maddison, Barnes, Dewsbury-Hall, Vardy etc, but they need their signings from this summer to make a better impact than they did last year.
Was about to post something similar. They need a big window to stay in touch. I say this every year but there's got to be a high chance that Vardy declines this year as well - 35 now

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚

Leicester overperformed greatly their 'true position' for a couple of seasons. This season finishing 8th they outperformed their xG by 9.69 xPTS 😲

There might be a bit something inherent to Rodgers football where he outperforms his xG, but either way, there is absolutely nothing about Leicester to suggest they are anything but a firmly outside the top 6 side. I would bet on someone like Brighton to overtake them before I bet on them to make a return to the top 6.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Don't know why people are trying to spin Youri taking a season off as anything but negative. He was crap last season it is what it is, no need to dress it up.

Worrying sign for me, but at £25m with the state of our midfield its a low risk no brainer
He’ll be a downgrade on Xhaka if continues those performances.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade

Go on holiday Youri with us it you'll wait forever
Youri Tielmans from future still waiting for Edu to finish his BBQ to make an offer.
Waiting Patiently GIF by Justin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom