• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Youri Tielemans

Status
Not open for further replies.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

This is a bit of a bummer but not surprising. It's hard to get excited about another CB when we could have blagged Tielemans for less...

I hope we're in for Zinchenko instead of Martinez.
If Tielemans isn't coming, then we might go for Zinchenko for CMF, and Martinez for LCB. Both can cover LB or even DMF.

Bloodbather

Established Member

If they've really cooled their interest then Vieira is obviously penciled in for that midfield role. The question then is is it too lightweight.
Think we view him as the equivalent of Bernardo Silva in City's current set up. Scouting reports suggest he could play that role effectively. I think the bigger question is whether Ødegaard is capable of emulating KDB's defensive contribution. He does give effort, but he doesn't have KDB's physicality.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
and i don't see Vieira as central midfielder or number 8 because he never played there. it'll be either him or Ødegaard in starting line up not both.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
and i don't see Vieira as central midfielder or number 8 because he never played there. it'll be either him or Ødegaard in starting line up not both.

The club are briefing the media that they see him as someone who can play as an 8 or 10, so they clearly plan on playing him there.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
giphy-downsized-large.gif

...Youri on Ice, couldn't handle the smoke to be honest.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
his country reported few days ago that they expected to happen after the nation league. John Percy who very reliable with Leicester said eariler in summer that Arteta is pushing to get Tielemans.

guess we'll wait and see.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Also not sure how Leicester will give extension 1 year to the guy who check out mentally there. clubs never give player 1 year extension to get a better move next summer. if not us he'll move somewhere else this summer.

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
Why would Tielemans sign a 1-year extension when he could leave for free next summer, unless it's out of loyalty to Leicester?

Another midfielder is a necessity if we have CL hopes, regardless of Vieira being signed, so I trust we have other targets lined up if he's hesitant to join.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
Why would Tielemans sign a 1-year extension when he could leave for free next summer, unless it's out of loyalty to Leicester?

Another midfielder is a necessity if we have CL hopes, regardless of Vieira being signed, so I trust we have other targets lined up if he's hesitant to join.

Because is a world cup year

He does well and can get pretty much into any team he wants. Safer option than believing someone telling you we'll get in CL in 3 years, and not clarifying what that C stands for

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
Looks like another season of Xhaka then. Whomever we sign this summer will feel bittersweet as long as the oil tankers still be around starting games for us.

Diesel

If they've really cooled their interest then Vieira is obviously penciled in for that midfield role. The question then is is it too lightweight.
Well looks like possible elneny xhaka midfield to close final 10 games out again. Funny how the ****tiest of the lot stay the healthiest.

Riou

If Partey and Xhaka play the whole season, we will get Champions League football next year...though it's a risk with Thomas' injury record.

Youri is a good player, but feel we should be targeting a more physical midfielder anyway, to cover for Partey (especially with Fabio here now too)

Don't mind us not signing him, will be sad if we don't get Jesus though.

Bloodbather

Established Member

If Partey and Xhaka play the whole season, we will get Champions League football next year...though it's a risk with Thomas' injury record.

Youri is a good player, but feel we should be targeting a more physical midfielder anyway, to cover for Partey (especially with Fabio here now too)

The real problem with Xhaka begins when Partey is out, imo. Partey balances out his lack of dynamism, but when he's out we combine Xhaka with another midfielder lacking in dynamism which gives the control of the midfield to the opposition more often than not.

I'd just sell Xhaka and get a dynamic midfielder like Zinchenko or Caqueret instead.

Riou

The real problem with Xhaka begins when Partey is out, imo. Partey balances out his lack of dynamism, but when he's out we combine Xhaka with another midfielder lacking in dynamism which gives the control of the midfield to the opposition more often than not.

Exactly why I never really wanted Tielemans...as if/when Partey gets injured, Xhaka and Youri would be crap.

Why I wanted Leeds to get relegated, as even someone like Kalvin Philips would be very useful to us, can play with both Thomas or Granit very well.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐

if like you said but you can't trust partey there is world cup who he is going so not signing a midfielder is recipe for disaster also you never know with Injuries Xhaka missed 3 months last season because of bad tackle.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
Exactly why I never really wanted Tielemans...as if/when Partey gets injured, Xhaka and Youri would be crap.

Why I wanted Leeds to get relegated, as even someone like Kalvin Philips would be very useful to us, can play with both Thomas or Granit very well.

Phillips looks City bound though. He’s always gonna pick their bench over ours.

Riou

if like you said but you can't trust partey there is world cup who he is going so not signing a midfielder is recipe for disaster

Partey, Xhaka, Mo and Sambi...that's a Europa League midfield, after Partey gets injured...big worry, as you say, if those are our options.

Xhaka missed 3 months last season because of bad tackle.

That was actually Partey's fault too, he pushed Moura into Xhaka...Thomas is so injury prone, he even injures our other midfielders :lol:

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
The problem is Tielemans available at very good price and he quality player. the other players like Neves will cost double what Tielemans will cost us. so i don't know i just hope we don't repeat last season mistakes and leave this area short there europe and there is world cup where Xhaka and Partey are going to play in so we could be screwed in 2nd half of season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom