• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Youri Tielemans

Status
Not open for further replies.

ash_rasul

This appears to me similar to the Partey situation last summer where he was always a simple-ish signing option for us (RC), and so we could bide our time during the window and get other deals done while assessing options, and then striking (very) late in the window to get the deal over the line if it was still worth doing.

Seems reasonable if so.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
The Xhaka hate in this forum is comical :lol: did he kiss all of your girlfriends or something?
Xhaka wouldn't attract anyone. 1 **** test by a girl and he will choke under pressure. Let alone in bed, he'd make a wet girl dry during the time this oil tanker has to turn in a sex position.

You think this clown is a threat to our girlfriends?

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Xhaka wouldn't attract anyone. 1 **** test by a girl and he will choke under pressure. Let alone in bed, he'd make a wet girl dry during the time this oil tanker has to turn in a sex position.

You think this clown is a threat to our girlfriends?
Definitely to yours, judging by your attitude. Guys in here acting like your gfs wouldn't leave you for a millionaire :lol:

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Unproven in the PL though. More lightweight than Tielemans too. Won’t be displacing Xhaka any time soon.
You're looking at it the wrong way.

Convinced Fabio is brought in to be our Bernardo. Bernardo played a lot of games as an 8, depending on the opposition. The same will happen with Fabio, IMO. Xhaka is still a good CM option, and starting level, and now with Fabio to come in depending on opposition, we have two very interesting options in that position.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

You're looking at it the wrong way.

Convinced Fabio is brought in to be our Bernardo. Bernardo played a lot of games as an 8, depending on the opposition. The same will happen with Fabio, IMO. Xhaka is still a good CM option, and starting level, and now with Fabio to come in depending on opposition, we have two very interesting options in that position.

You could also play Vieira and Xhaka together against the right opposition, since Xhaka is more of a DLP. Perhaps a less physical lower league team where you're going to get a lot of possession, you're going to need good technical ability over the athleticism that Partey provides.

ash_rasul

You could also play Vieira and Xhaka together against the right opposition, since Xhaka is more of a DLP. Perhaps a less physical lower league team where you're going to get a lot of possession, you're going to need good technical ability over the athleticism that Partey provides.
I think we sometimes overlook the technical ability Partey provides in midfield. Yes, he's not going to spray too many defence-splitting through balls in general, but he is often one of the best at beating the press that teams apply against us. That, along with his obvious athleticism, suggests that he should be one of the first names on the teamsheet in most games when fit and in form IMO.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

I think we sometimes overlook the technical ability Partey provides in midfield. Yes, he's not going to spray too many defence-splitting through balls in general, but he is often one of the best at beating the press that teams apply against us. That, along with his obvious athleticism, suggests that he should be one of the first names on the teamsheet in most games when fit and in form IMO.
Partey has been a pretty bad offender when it comes to giving the ball away in midfield, tbh. That Crystal Palace game he was horrendous and he's been off colour a decent amount this season overall.

Perhaps he can improve in this area but I don't think you can say it's a strong point of his.

ash_rasul

Partey has been a pretty bad offender when it comes to giving the ball away in midfield, tbh. That Crystal Palace game he was horrendous and he's been off colour a decent amount this season overall.

Perhaps he can improve in this area but I don't think you can say it's a strong point of his.
I agree, he was abysmal in that game. Probably his worst game for us. Also agree that he needs to work on his consistency throughout the season. But when fully fit and at his best (not often enough thus far tbf) he can evade pressure with ease and gives us real control in the middle of the park.

Would be nice to see him have a relatively injury-free season this year at least, so he actually gets the chance to show us more of what we know he's capable of!

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
Obsession with getting rid of Xhaka is so weird, his wages aren’t insane and he’s not gonna fetch a big transfer free.

He’s the type of squad option that a top side has.

At this point is more of a symbolic thing, it doesn't matter he's our current best midfielder, for a lot of people he'll always be this bad omen that means Arsenal will miss out on top 4.

Even if he was our only senior midfielder, people would still want him out of the club.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

At this point is more of a symbolic thing, it doesn't matter he's our current best midfielder, for a lot of people he'll always be this bad omen that means Arsenal will miss out on top 4.

Even if he was our only senior midfielder, people would still want him out of the club.

I have defended Xhaka many times but dont try to imply that it isnt partially his fault that a lot of fans want to get rid of him.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I have defended Xhaka many times but dont try to imply that it isnt partially his fault that a lot of fans want to get rid of him.
Definitely had a big part to play in the fans feelings towards him.

I’m pro Tielemens (I think he’s good) but the calls to get rid of Xhaka aren’t rational. Atleast let him compete and see if he falls out of favour naturally.

I’m not convinced Partey will ever go a season not injured as he gets closer to 30.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom