• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Youri Tielemans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Definitely had a big part to play in the fans feelings towards him.

I’m pro Tielemens (I think he’s good) but the calls to get rid of Xhaka aren’t rational. Atleast let him compete and see if he falls out of favour naturally.

I’m not convinced Partey will ever go a season not injured as he gets closer to 30.

Naah, feck that! I want him gone. He has no business wearing the shirt.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

We might have to sell just to get some money in to pay for Tielemans, really.

Bloodbather

Established Member

At this point is more of a symbolic thing, it doesn't matter he's our current best midfielder, for a lot of people he'll always be this bad omen that means Arsenal will miss out on top 4.

Even if he was our only senior midfielder, people would still want him out of the club.
For my part, I want him replaced because his lack of dynamism and unreliable discipline puts a cap on what we can do. If we can't find a dynamic replacement, sure, keep him as a rotational piece. But relying on him as a starter limits our potential. We are forced to play a double pivot, and require Partey to cover up for his lack of dynamism.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

For my part, I want him replaced because his lack of dynamism and unreliable discipline puts a cap on what we can do.
There are a lot of things that put a cap on what the club can do other than Xhaka's lack of dynamism.

The fact that he is put in this position where we rely on him in the first place, because to his credit he tried to leave twice. Tielemens might not even come because of this.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Granit The Line Breaker Xhaka is undefeated.

Nice vid.

Our compact shape has really given Xhaka that needed protection, and subsequent confidence to come to life. You can see him now looking to progress the ball faster, and look to exploit the opposition's positioning more with quick passes and quick ball recycling.

He can even drop deeper and assist with buildup play now while keeping the ball, that's an impressive turnaround.

Solid player to have in the squad, and having him rotate with someone like Tielemans, or Paqueta/Ruiz would really give us good options through the middle this coming season.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Nice vid.

Our compact shape has really given Xhaka that needed protection, and subsequent confidence to come to life. You can see him now looking to progress the ball faster, and look to exploit the opposition's positioning more with quick passes and quick ball recycling.

He can even drop deeper and assist with buildup play now while keeping the ball, that's an impressive turnaround.

Solid player to have in the squad, and having him rotate with someone like Tielemans, or Paqueta/Ruiz would really give us good options through the middle this coming season.
My gut feeling is Tielemans won't happen, or at least, its dependent on the Raphinha deal. If we get Raphinha, i can see Vieira being used centrally, mostly as rotation for Ødegaard but maybe also LCM. If we don't get Raphinha, i think Vieira could be used more in the front three and we might then get Tielemans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom