• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Youri Tielemans

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
How does interest grow ffs? You are either interested or not. Its like a day goes by and now they are more interested than the previous. Is he a target or not? The reporting on transfers is rubbish.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Hopefully this gets done, think he'll be a good PL buy. We mostly moved like City getting players from within the league to bump up the overall quality of the squad.

This achieves that.

Would really like a Raphinha level statement player, though.
Considering the prospect of being without a certain lynchpin central midfielder in an area where we already lacked quality, and our recurring left back issues, this should be far down our priority list.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
If we think Lokonga and El Neny are good enough as back-ups then we are really wrong, we need a CM at least and a proper who can challenge. Tielemans fills the bill perfectly.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

No one thinks it’s that easy, but you have to admit this is a comparatively straightforward transfer to get done.

There’s no such thing as a straightforward transfer at this level unless you have a club desperate to sell to you and I see nothing to suggest Leicester want to do anything other than make this painful.

Even if we had an economic agreement in principle, the type of contracts players & clubs have now involve stakeholders like insurance companies, tax agencies, commercial sponsors, legal firms etc.

There are usually departments working on this stuff for literally months by the time anything gets leaked to media sources.

It’s also usually a lot less complicated when trading with a club you’ve done business with before and have strong relationships but that isn’t the case here.

I say all this bc I can foresee people blowing their lid if he doesn’t join and unjustly so in my opinion.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
There’s no such thing as a straightforward transfer at this level unless you have a club desperate to sell to you and I see nothing to suggest Leicester want to do anything other than make this painful.

Even if we had an economic agreement in principle, the type of contracts players & clubs have now involve stakeholders like insurance companies, tax agencies, commercial sponsors, legal firms etc.

There are usually departments working on this stuff for literally months by the time anything gets leaked to media sources.

It’s also usually a lot less complicated when trading with a club you’ve done business with before and have strong relationships but that isn’t the case here.

I say all this bc I can foresee people blowing their lid if he doesn’t join and unjustly so in my opinion.
I reckon people will only blow their lid if he ends up signing for another club, especially a rival, out of nowhere.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

I agree transfers are more complex than fans often think, but there are degrees of difficulty. And let’s remember some transfers do literally happen in a day or two, it’s not always months.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I agree transfers are more complex than fans often think, but there are degrees of difficulty. And let’s remember some transfers do literally happen in a day or two, it’s not always months.
I promise you NO transfer at this level happens in a day or two lol. Even for youth players. Our perceptions are wildly distorted by the availability of public information.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I promise you NO transfer at this level happens in a day or two lol. Even for youth players. Our perceptions are wildly distorted by the availability of public information.

This deal is seemingly one that the club could have already done though. Agree with what you're saying that no one really knows the ins and outs of the negotiations, but a guy with 1 year left who's seemingly keen to join probably is an easier deal to do than say Raphinha or someone.

It kind of implies that YT isn't the clubs first choice for that position imo.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

This deal is seemingly one that the club could have already done though. Agree with what you're saying that no one really knows the ins and outs of the negotiations, but a guy with 1 year left who's seemingly keen to join probably is an easier deal to do than say Raphinha or someone.

It kind of implies that YT isn't the clubs first choice for that position imo.
The most critical aspect that you’re missing though, and I feel most of us are under estimating is Leicester’s desire to sell to us.

Doable? Yes. Easy? No.

Teams like Leicester and Villa have financial muscle teams in their position didn’t have 20 years ago and they have beef over the super league thing.

It wouldn’t surprise me if they’d rather see him move abroad or to a CL team on a free than take £30m from us.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The most critical aspect that you’re missing though, and I feel most of us are under estimating is Leicester’s desire to sell to us.

Doable? Yes. Easy? No.

Teams like Leicester and Villa have financial muscle teams in their position didn’t have 20 years ago and they have beef over the super league thing.

It wouldn’t surprise me if they’d rather see him move abroad or to a CL team on a free than take £30m from us.

Leicester have never had an issue selling to PL clubs, in fact their model is kind of based on it. I'd be really surprised if they'd rather let him leave on a free than take 30m for him, but again who really knows.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

Read Harry Redknapp’s memoirs and come back to me

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
Not sure what to make of his patience, it's like he doesn't care where he ends up. Why would he be waiting for the Arsenal when he wanted a CL club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom