• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Youri Tielemans

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

£35m is more or less what we'd get for qualifying for the Europa league.

If he's available for that price, I could see us finding that an attractive transfer.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
We will get a bid accepted, them Xhaka will be interviewed saying how Tielemans will be good "competition", ala Giroud in 2016 to Vardy.

And like Jamie, Youri On Ice will bottle it, and reject us...when under pressure from a superior player in Granit.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Gundogan is a technician and level above this on the ball and in fitness. Fabinho is DM like Partey. If we sign this guy he will be in direct competition with Ødegaard

He plays in the same team as Maddison. So if we sign him he starts in a 3 with Ødegaard and Partey. Tielmans averages over 2 tackles per game so he can't be a complete lightweight.

I also have faith in Arteta to organise as a unit defensively.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
35m for a proven top level Premier league number 8 is would be an amazing deal. There's a reason all the other big PL clubs are in for him.

Goonger

You sign this guy and Neves. Not instead.

Neves, Partey, Tielemans and Ødegaard. That might be good enough to get top four even with El Solution in charge.

Correct answer. You sell Guendouzi, Torreira, Maitland-Niles, Xhaka and let go of Elneny and sign 2 of your targets, preferably Neves & Tielemans for me.

Plenty games for all players if we make Europe, gives tactical versatility if you want to go double pivot in the big games or go slightly more expansive, and both young enough but experienced, leaders of the midfield, all for what, £25M net?

You do the same in the forward areas, and sign 2 forwards to replace losing Auba, Laca & Nketiah.

Bloodbather

Established Member

I really like Tielemans, but I'm unsure about his fit for us. Think the central midfield trio of Partey, CM and Ødegaard requires someone who is more defensively solid compared to Tielemans.

For me Ligue 1 has a couple of very good options in that regard in Maxence Caqueret, Aurélien Tchouaméni and Boubacar Kamara.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Don't want Tielemans here. The embodiment of midtable. There is a reason why he is playing for Leicester, also an iconic midtable small club.

I've also gone cold on him in recent times. Mind you its more to do with comments made here by some of my reliable sources of technical information.

I think I need to do my own analysis on him in play, in addition to someone like Neves. As much as they arent favourites here, I get the feeling Arteta may think otherwise.

Reactions: Xln

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
They've finished 5th and above us in the last 2 seasons. I also take you wouldn't have wanted mid table players like VDV and Mane?
So they're bigger than us cause they finished above us for 2 seasons? C'mon you can do better.

Tielemans plays for my national team. The last thing I want is to see this wet towel play for my club. Sorry.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
Still think the entire midfield needs a complete revamp.

I’d bin Xhaka & Elneny in the summer.

Bring in a disciplined sitting midfielder who can mop things up. Don’t think Partey can be trusted to that. A playmaker to progressive the ball from deep and a box to box all action midfielder who can make runs into the box.

My choices would be:

Holding mid: Boubacar Kamara (free)
DLP: Frenkie de Jong (60m)
B2B: Ryan Gravenberch (35m)

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
It’s more about midfield control than anything. Look at Fabinho for Liverpool and Gundogan for City. Hardly the biggest, most imposing players but form the base of the best midfields in the league.
Fabinho is between 6ft 2-3 / 1.88-1.89cm depending on source. Probably taller than most CM in the league.

I'm regards to Tielemans I think he's a luxury midfield player in the sense you put him beside Kante and he looks brilliant being allowed to do his thing. Beside a Xhaka or even Partey he may look similar to this season at Leciester. Bang average.

ChefMan21

If Xhaka stays we still need at least one CM; if he goes we need two. In the case of the latter I think at least one of the two has to be league-proven and Tielemans fits that bill pretty well (Neves, Luiz, the dream signing of Rice, Bissouma, Ndidi should all be looked at too).

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
If Xhaka stays we still need at least one CM; if he goes we need two. In the case of the latter I think at least one of the two has to be league-proven and Tielemans fits that bill pretty well (Neves, Luiz, the dream signing of Rice, Bissouma, Ndidi should all be looked at too).
Phillips would be gettable if we got CL football. Rice I think is for Chelsea all things indicate that and with Jorginho and kante aging they will need him.

Bissouma I would be keen on but depends on his situation with his offield accusations. Ndidi would be a very good buy also.

ChefMan21

Phillips would be gettable if we got CL football. Rice I think is for Chelsea all things indicate that and with Jorginho and kante aging they will need him.

Bissouma I would be keen on but depends on his situation with his offield accusations. Ndidi would be a very good buy also.
Forgot Phillips, he is definitely worth a look. I keep dreaming about Rice 🤣

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Forgot Phillips, he is definitely worth a look. I keep dreaming about Rice 🤣
Youd have to hope Chelsea go for someone else but if you watch the Gary Neville interview with him everything indicates he's staying in London. He supports Chelsea, was in their academy, and his best mate is Mason Mount. They also are ambitious and throwing 100m down on the table for him wouldnt be strange.

ChefMan21

Youd have to hope Chelsea go for someone else but if you watch the Gary Neville interview with him everything indicates he's staying in London. He supports Chelsea, was in their academy, and his best mate is Mason Mount. They also are ambitious and throwing 100m down on the table for him wouldnt be strange.
Russia invades Ukraine, heavy sanctions come down on Abramovich, Chelsea stuffed? It's an actual question - would the sanctions be applied to Abramovich as well and will that be a factor for Chelsea?

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

He plays in the same team as Maddison. So if we sign him he starts in a 3 with Ødegaard and Partey. Tielmans averages over 2 tackles per game so he can't be a complete lightweight.

I also have faith in Arteta to organise as a unit defensively.
I explained this before. But ndidi has the work rate of one and half man. Outside of prime kante no one covers space like him. Tilesman will be exposed once he don’t have ndidi covering for him

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Russia invades Ukraine, heavy sanctions come down on Abramovich, Chelsea stuffed? It's an actual question - would the sanctions be applied to Abramovich as well and will that be a factor for Chelsea?
No. Roman has nothing to do with the Russian government. It will they ban any Russian business man doing any business?

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
There are risks with every player but Tielemans is about as safe a bet as you get. He passes the "Will he improve us" test with flying colours and calling him mid table is just ridiculous. You only need to check the foxes forum last season to know he was seen as their MVP (possibly along with Fofana).

He's more attack than defence minded but he's only just below average on his overall defensive numbers - good enough to play CM with a decent covering 6 like Partey - and also good enough to cover AM as well. £35m is an absolute bargain if that's what he would be available for.

Screenshot_2022-02-12-23-13-49-69_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom