• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Youri Tielemans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosso

AM's Resident United Fan
When has that stopped clubs in the past. FDJ is pretty unique, who would be the alternative then?
Stick with what we've got and develop someone until the right opportunity turns up. Fred has been playing there in pre-season and is far quicker across the ground then Tielemans and better defensively. If anything Tielemans would be an upgrade to Van de Beek or McTominay.

Goonger

Stick with what we've got and develop someone until the right opportunity turns up. Fred has been playing there in pre-season and is far quicker across the ground then Tielemans and better defensively. If anything Tielemans would be an upgrade to Van de Beek or McTominay.

That could also be a reason you're interested then. If you play Fred as defensive midfield, that takes him out of rotation for the number 8 roles, so although not a direct replacement instead of FDJ, he's more a replacement for Fred as an 8?

Rosso

AM's Resident United Fan
That could also be a reason you're interested then. If you play Fred as defensive midfield, that takes him out of rotation for the number 8 roles, so although not a direct replacement instead of FDJ, he's more a replacement for Fred as an 8?
Maybe but don’t see it as high priority. Right back, right winger and maybe another striker depending on what happens with Ronaldo are higher up the list.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
What's wrong with Tie- you know what nevermind.
Haha let's do it! I just don't rate him. Seen some games with Leicester where he could't impress me.
When I see him play for my national team it's even worse, really bang average.

So is this really going to improve us over Xhaka? You know I don't like Xhaka as a footballer and if I ask myself these questions it says a lot.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Haha let's do it! I just don't rate him. Seen some games with Leicester where he could't impress me.
When I see him play for my national team it's even worse, really bang average.

So is this really going to improve us over Xhaka? You know I don't like Xhaka as a footballer and if I ask myself these questions it says a lot.

Ain't you Belgian?

List your pros and cons of him? We might actually agree even though I think he's good.

Reactions: Xln

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Ain't you Belgian?

List your pros and cons of him? We might actually agree even though I think he's good.
Yes I am.

It's not about pros and cons, more like there won't be improvement if he takes Xhaka's spot.
He will pass better and keep the midfield heart ticking but we will deliver tactical awareness and he is the type of player that keeps backing off, or, defend too lax. Some clips may suggest he tackles well but even my nan looks good on youtube highlights let's be real.

I am not a fan of him but to be honest if he comes in and somehow Tets gets him ballin then I will be beyond happy.

Gurru991

His first season for Leicester he was brilliant but he has only been average since then. Whether Arteta can light the fire again in him again is debatable.

SlyFox

His first season for Leicester he was brilliant but he has only been average since then. Whether Arteta can light the fire again in him again is debatable.
Incorrect.

First season (loan) he was sensational, like near Mahrez and Kante levels of brilliant. Second season after he signed things just went a bit flat. Third season (second full season) he was excellent again and won player of the year. He wasn't far off his best. Last season he dipped down again to how he was second season.

He's played a bonkers amount of football for us. I think he's paid not having a decent deputy to take the strain off him, we've relied on him too heavily and his body and performances probably paid for him.

Make no mistake, when he's on it he's capable of elevating a team to another level. The key is to keep him motivated and in peak condition.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
@A__G : Nahhhh you're alright mate
sign.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom