• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Youri Tielemans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Think there's very little chance we pull this move off in January. Not too much more of one in the summer either.

Though if there's even a hint he could be available now we should move heaven and earth to get him.

I'd argue he'd upgrade our CM move than Dusan would CF, at least in the short term.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Has anyone been watching Leicester lately? They've been poor for their standards and Tielemans has not been great. He is good and talented but for me I would rather go for Ruben Neves.
There is not much between them. Neves is better passer and defensively while tilesman as I like to call him is better going forward. He is a player that really benefit from ndidis insane work rate as he doesn’t cover much space

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Rumours that we've met with his agents and Arteta said the other day that " all top players we've spoke with want to join " :shivering:
Yeah but Arteta is a known liar as well. I do expect Tilesmans agent to meet a lot of clubs next few months to discuss a deal as he is 100% leaving in the summer with 12 months left on his deal

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
Only seen him play once but I thought Dewsbury-Hall was excellent against Liverpool lol. Poach him.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think Tielemans is overrated tbh, good player but not worth the type of money Leicester will want.

Bruno G and Tielemans are very similar statistically. Where Bruno is better defensively, Tielemans is better at shooting and variation of pass. Other than that. Pretty even.

The big difference is that Tielemans is putting up those numbers in England. I feel like Tielemans has more leadership qualities also. Captain at such a young age. I don't see why we shouldn't go for him.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I really like Tielemans. Think I said we should've paid the €40m that Leicester paid for him if we could, but I guess there was no chance to hijack the deal. If we could get him for around €40-50m that would be worth it, I reckon. My dream would be Frenkie though, and I really like Caqueret as an alternative. Tielemans has less in his locker defensively than those two.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
So we couldn't even pry an underperforming James Maddison from them now we are going to buy one of their best players, yeah makes sense. How many failed supposed transfers from Leicester is that now, I've lost count.

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
So we couldn't even pry an underperforming James Maddison from them now we are going to buy one of their best players, yeah makes sense. How many failed supposed transfers from Leicester is that now, I've lost count.
Not saying we'll get him, but the difference between Maddison and Tielemans is that Leicester have to sell within the year or they risk losing him for free. Maddison's contract runs through 2024, so they had all the leverage in that deal. Plus, it looks like we preferred Ødegaard over Maddison anyways.

If the circumstances align (i.e., we get top 4 + none of the top 3 genuinely go for him), we'll have a decent shot at Tielemans, certainly have a much better bargaining position for him as opposed to Maddison.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Bruno G and Tielemans are very similar statistically. Where Bruno is better defensively, Tielemans is better at shooting and variation of pass. Other than that. Pretty even.

The big difference is that Tielemans is putting up those numbers in England. I feel like Tielemans has more leadership qualities also. Captain at such a young age. I don't see why we shouldn't go for him.

The reason that Tielemans is exciting, and a significant upgrade to our current options is that he has a rare ability to both be very productive in terms of creativity and goal threat, but also have enough bite and defensive nous to play deeper in a midfield two. Obviously a different player to Guimaraes (who I really rate), but apart from his PL pedigree he also has much better offensive output - he's averaged around 5 goals + 5 assists from central midfield for 3 seasons running. Bruno can't match that (although as you said he brings more defensive balance). Tielemans (was) 5th in the league for open play chances created this year and of those 5 players has by far the highest number of tackles and possession in the middle third of the pitch. Not saying he's a defensive player, but he's not a lightweight like most attacking mids, but he still gets the numbers.

That's why you pay the big money for him and I hope we do if there's a chance.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

The reason that Tielemans is exciting, and a significant upgrade to our current options is that he has a rare ability to both be very productive in terms of creativity and goal threat, but also have enough bite and defensive nous to play deeper in a midfield two. Obviously a different player to Guimaraes (who I really rate), but apart from his PL pedigree he also has much better offensive output - he's averaged around 5 goals + 5 assists from central midfield for 3 seasons running. Bruno can't match that (although as you said he brings more defensive balance). Tielemans is 5th in the league for open play chances created this year and of those 5 players has by far the highest number of tackles and possession in the middle third of the pitch. Not saying he's a defensive player, but he's not a lightweight like most attacking mids, but he still gets the numbers.

That's why you pay the big money for him and I hope we do if there's a chance.

My dream is UCL, and something like Partey, Tielemans, Guimaraes and Sambi in our midfield next season.

What would be nice with Tielemans, is that he can cover Ødegaard in AMF role if absolutely necessary.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
My dream is UCL, and something like Partey, Tielemans, Guimaraes and Sambi in our midfield next season.

What would be nice with Tielemans, is that he can cover Ødegaard in AMF role if absolutely necessary.
Yeah I'd go along with that pretty much as a dream midfield selection. Sambi still feels like the odd man signing because we really needed a Guimaraes level signing last window. I guess Xhaka staying changed the calculation a bit and in all honesty I'm happy with him as a back up - but he never seems to be a bloody backup!

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Yeah I'd go along with that pretty much as a dream midfield selection. Sambi still feels like the odd man signing because we really needed a Guimaraes level signing last window. I guess Xhaka staying changed the calculation a bit and in all honesty I'm happy with him as a back up - but he never seems to be a bloody backup!
Something just had to give. We needed someone to midfield, even because of numbers.

And if we sold Xhaka for cheap and got Neves for example, we would not have Sambi at all, because that was the difference in transfer fees, and otherwise have the same numbers in midfield. While Xhaka and Neves are not that different, other than Xhaka's brainfarts.

People always say, why not keep Saliba, but I have always said, you can't trust someone to start full season in a tougher league, with not a single season with over 1800 league minutes under the belt.

We should finally deserve that top 4 finish imo. Would be a great timing too, to at last upgrade our whole midfield.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

A lot of it has set up and team mate playing big role. For example Tilesman wasn’t hood in France and Monaco got rid and cashed in on his name before his stock went down. I just don’t see a special player there and we can get equal and better player cheaper

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Really struggle to see him an Arsenal shirt. Chelsea or United feel like much bigger possibilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom