• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Youri Tielemans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Still hate this little fat ****, for his role in the Sp**s win over Leicester and the subsequent media praising of Sp**s...was absolutely disgusting.

Not sure I can get over that.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
I'm not sure Partey is good enough as a straightforward defensive midfielder, especially not with two lightweights as Ødegaard and Tielemans in front of him. Is there really enough balance in such a midfield trio?

This is my question too. You'd have to get Tielemans and Ødegaard well drilled at pressing and tracking back for it to work imo But if it does going forward we'd play some sexy football and have more goals and assists from midfield.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
You can get away with Tielemans in the side and only Partey sitting if your RB is someone like Tomiyasu who can tuck in and doesn’t bomb forward all the time.
Yeah agreed and probably only against certain teams as well. It's still a useful option to have though. He can play as AM as well or in a midfield 3.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Ødegaard and Tilesman is very very lightweight midfield. Whoever the third midfielder is god bless him because he will get all the blame for their lack of defending

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Not sure as to why he has been so iffy this season. Maybe it’s Rodgers tax but off the ball he’s a liability and debatably worse than Xhaka. I think we should be after Neves and a more dynamic goal-scoring midfielder like Jacob Ramsey or Bellingham.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Not sure as to why he has been so iffy this season. Maybe it’s Rodgers tax but off the ball he’s a liability and debatably worse than Xhaka. I think we should be after Neves and a more dynamic goal-scoring midfielder like Jacob Ramsey or Bellingham.
Defensively he is way worse than xhaka. He is Dele Ali level in terms of defending when he played in there. I honestly think he is very overrated

Tom349

Type of player you need for games against mid and bottom table sides who want to sit back and absorb pressure. In more open games against the better sides he is caught out defensively regularly.

We should be signing both Neves and Tielemans or Jacob Ramsey/Jude Bellingham/Douglas Luiz.

balthazar

I guess it is going to be Tielemans, now that Neves's Arsenal career is over before it started, having criticized Teta's team

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Neves was very impressive against us the other day. But like Tielemans he had a lot of time to look up and pick passes from deep in the right half space.

What I would say about Neves though is that he seemed press resistant when we were aggressive, and that impressed me. Haven’t been able to say the same about Youri yet, although will watch him more.

As of now not convinced by Tielemans, other than recommendations. Still am a massive De Jong fan first.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Him and Ødegaard midfield lool. Even league 2 midfields will run through that. Zero resilience

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Him and Ødegaard midfield lool. Even league 2 midfields will run through that. Zero resilience

It’s more about midfield control than anything. Look at Fabinho for Liverpool and Gundogan for City. Hardly the biggest, most imposing players but form the base of the best midfields in the league.

CountChocula

Tielemans for 35M would be instabuy for me. Not too excited about Neves though. Worried we might be buying a younger Xhaka with Neves, who doesn't help make us CL quality.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
I think he'd be a quality buy. He's not had his best of seasons but that doesn't mean he's a bad player. I think he'll be rejuvenated once he gets his move. Neves is a decent player but I think with Xhaka already here that's kind of a redundant signing.

Partey in front of the defence breaking up play, keeping it simple, with Ødegaard and Tielemans pushing forward has the makings of a great midfield. Xhaka has noticeably been getting further forward and doing quite well, if you've got Tielemans doing that role that's quite an improvement for me.

We've kind of tried it with ESR instead and it's never worked as I don't think he can influence the game from midfield enough, LW definitely his role going forward in my opinion.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

It’s more about midfield control than anything. Look at Fabinho for Liverpool and Gundogan for City. Hardly the biggest, most imposing players but form the base of the best midfields in the league.
Gundogan is a technician and level above this on the ball and in fitness. Fabinho is DM like Partey. If we sign this guy he will be in direct competition with Ødegaard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom