• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Youri Tielemans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I believe if we end up buying it'll be less than 40M edu is bad but he deserve sacking if he paid 40M for guy who got 1 year left and willing to leave. 25-30M should be max.

Xhaka will likely stay we'll add Tielemans or another one to compete and give us something different He not coming to replace him. What worry about him is his fitness he look physically weak because he non stop playing since 18 years old.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
If Mo leaves for free, Youri would be a decent depth replacement for him.

If he is to replace Xhaka in our starting 11, we are in big trouble.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I really liked Thielemans up until this season. Don’t know what happened. Was he always like this, and I just never noticed, or did he just suddenly hit a sharp decline?
He has always been pretty poor defensively but was much better offensively when on form. I don't think he is a bad player, just don't see him working in our setup. His best form has been with Ndidi a pure number 6 and 3 central defenders behind him. We don't have a player like Ndidi and play a back 4, also with Ødegaard who isn't great defensively either I think we would have a really soft centre and could see teams cutting right through us.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Difference between top character Rodgers and nerdy mikel is nerdy mikel have system defensively meanwhile top character Rodgers teams is too open and thier midfield always exposed Tielemans always work better with Ndidi.

Midfield options are so many this summer and there good quality so we need to chose who suit our system. Unlike CF market where is poverty.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Difference between top character Rodgers and nerdy mikel is nerdy mikel have system defensively meanwhile top character Rodgers teams is too open and thier midfield always exposed Tielemans always work better with Ndidi.

Midfield options are so many this summer and there good quality so we need to chose who suit our system. Unlike CF market where is poverty.

Does Vinai know you’re calling our manager “nerdy”?

Don't get fired mate.

LasseD

[…] with Ødegaard who isn't great defensively either I think we would have a really soft centre and could see teams cutting right through us.

That’s a good point. I still wouldn’t be against the transfer, but I hope we can get better.

TornadoTed

Established Member
That’s a good point. I still wouldn’t be against the transfer, but I hope we can get better.
It shows what a tough job we have on our hands to upgrade on Xhaka. There is no doubt that we need someone better offensively who will score and assist more but at the same time we need someone who isn't too much of a downgrade on Xhaka defensively.

We find that player though and I think it elevates our team a couple of levels.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
How many signings are we expecting in midfield? Tielemans, Xhaka and Partey is rather poor combination wise.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
How many signings are we expecting in midfield? Tielemans, Xhaka and Partey is rather poor combination wise.

I'd like 2. Tielemans as competition for Ødegaard and a Xhaka upgrade. Then two forwards and maybe a RB. The squad would then look very strong imo.

Bloodbather

Established Member

I really liked Thielemans up until this season. Don’t know what happened. Was he always like this, and I just never noticed, or did he just suddenly hit a sharp decline?
I think he either mentally checked out of Leicester, or isn't training hard enough/eating well enough. All everyone mentions about him is his lack of work rate and conditioning this season, it used to be his technique, composure and passing. I doubt those just went missing out of nowhere.

He likely still is a class player when motivated, though I'd say he's not good enough defensively for us even when he's on form. We need a more defensively solid CM.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
It shows what a tough job we have on our hands to upgrade on Xhaka. There is no doubt that we need someone better offensively who will score and assist more but at the same time we need someone who isn't too much of a downgrade on Xhaka defensively.

We find that player though and I think it elevates our team a couple of levels.
Xhaka is terrible defensively his offense as anemic as it is, is the best part of his game. When Partey was playing as furthest back the team had one of the best defenses the league, Partey gets hurt and and passing through our midfield has become pretty basic. Xhaka has good range of passing on his left foot, defensively he is no better than Tielemans and is probably worse. His tackling is probably the thing I least like about his game.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Xhaka is terrible defensively his offense as anemic as it is, is the best part of his game. When Partey was playing as furthest back the team had one of the best defenses the league, Partey gets hurt and and passing through our midfield has become pretty basic. Xhaka has good range of passing on his left foot, defensively he is no better than Tielemans and is probably worse. His tackling is probably the thing I least like about his game.
Xhaka is definitely better than Tielemans defensively. He actually can win balls and aerial duels in midfield. Tielemans doesn't really contribute anything defensively other than just taking good positions.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Nah, Granit is better.

Tielemans is just something different/new, not better.
This is Xhaka's best period this season and we have been scraping games by. Don't care what anyone says. As a box-to-box midfielder he isn't better than Tielemans. I think people seriously underestimate the Belgian and overrate Xhaka.

ArsenalInMyHeart

This is your brain on ITK addiction
Xhaka is definitely better than Tielemans defensively. He actually can win balls and aerial duels in midfield. Tielemans doesn't really contribute anything defensively other than just taking good positions.

Agree Xhaka is better than Tielemans defensively. The reason Partey plays well because he plays with Xhaka who can help him in defense. If Tielemans replaces Xhaka, Partey can't not handle all in defense

RunTheTrap

I think he either mentally checked out of Leicester, or isn't training hard enough/eating well enough. All everyone mentions about him is his lack of work rate and conditioning this season, it used to be his technique, composure and passing. I doubt those just went missing out of nowhere.

He likely still is a class player when motivated, though I'd say he's not good enough defensively for us even when he's on form. We need a more defensively solid CM.
He has clearly checked out. He knows he is off in the summer and there's no point risk injuring yourself out of a big move. I do question his professionalism but no doubts on his talent. Tielemans kinda reminds me of Ødegaard. He was a big thing as a teenager and was heralded as the crown jewel of Belgian football but made the wrong career move and is now on the mend.

RunTheTrap

Agree Xhaka is better than Tielemans defensively. The reason Partey plays well because he plays with Xhaka who can help him in defense. If Tielemans replaces Xhaka, Partey can't not handle all in defense
When was the last time we got a clean sheet though? I think Xhaka's defensive skills are good but he's not prime Kante or anything like that. I think a clear structure helps more than who is playing in midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom