• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Youri Tielemans

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArsenalInMyHeart

This is your brain on ITK addiction
When was the last time we got a clean sheet though? I think Xhaka's defensive skills are good but he's not prime Kante or anything like that. I think a clear structure helps more than who is playing in midfield.
Xhaka is a leader on the pitch. Maybe he can not be the best player, sometimes he did the stupid things. But to have someone to replace him, i think Tielemans can't be this guy

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Xhaka is definitely better than Tielemans defensively. He actually can win balls and aerial duels in midfield. Tielemans doesn't really contribute anything defensively other than just taking good positions.
Xhaka is a liability when asked to defend. He also creates a lot of counters because he can’t handle pressure well he has to most passing errors leading to goals of any player in the league since he signed with Arsenal. Tielemans doesn’t put your defense under pressure in the ways Chaka does with his fouls and bad cough ups of the ball

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
This is how I rate the midfielders we have been linked to:

S-tier: De Jong, Tchouameni, Bellingham, Rice, Partey.
Basically, the elite midfielders and those who have the potential to start for almost any team in Europe.

A-tier: Tielemans, Bissouma, Neves, Bruno Guimaraes, Xhaka.
Very good midfielders but wouldn't start for the truly elite, however they're still CL quality. If you can buy them for a decent price its a no brainer.

B-tier: Douglas Luiz, Torreira, Cellabos, Elneny.
Europa/Conference level midfielders. No serious club buys them if they want to compete for 4th and above.

C-tier: Lokonga, Patino, Azeez.
They are not ready and should only be used for cup games.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Xhaka is a leader on the pitch. Maybe he can not be the best player, sometimes he did the stupid things. But to have someone to replace him, i think Tielemans can't be this guy
Tielemans is one of Anderlecht's youngest ever captains. I know he has also wore the armband for Belgium a few times. Tielemans has leadership credentials.

Farzad Stoned

Why do no other big clubs want Xhaka? Who has a higher value in transfer market? Tielemans would walk into United, Sp**s, or us to be frank. Tielemans if you believe rumors is being pursued by a number of big clubs the only buyer for Xhaka is Roma for 20 million if you are lucky

Farzad Stoned

Agree Xhaka is better than Tielemans defensively. The reason Partey plays well because he plays with Xhaka who can help him in defense. If Tielemans replaces Xhaka, Partey can't not handle all in defense
Bs when Partey was playing we had the 3rd or 4th rated defensive, he goes down and we can’t pitch a single clean sheet in 7 matches and teams are dominating our midfield. It is not Xhaka that makes Partey look good it is vice versa

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Comparing Tielemans and Xhaka is pointless. Other than being good passers, they have very little in common with each other. Tielemans concerns me because for all his fantastic ability, he's not hugely improved since he was 17 at Anderlecht.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Bs when Partey was playing we had the 3rd or 4th rated defensive, he goes down and we can’t pitch a single clean sheet in 7 matches and teams are dominating our midfield. It is not Xhaka that makes Partey look good it is vice versa
thank you, Partey literally holds xhakas hand during game and constantly covers for him. The moment Partey went down we are back to being usual sh1t in midfield. I honestly would be delighted if he never played for us again after this season. He is trash

Farzad Stoned

thank you, Partey literally holds xhakas hand during game and constantly covers for him. The moment Partey went down we are back to being usual sh1t in midfield. I honestly would be delighted if he never played for us again after this season. He is trash
People talk about Xhaka being superior defensively, what about all the red cards, extra free kicks, penalties and bad counter starting giveaways that Xhaka regularly commits that no other premier league central midfielder commits. Xhaka is just as likely to put your defense under pressure than he is to relieve your defense of pressure.

Farzad Stoned

Comparing Tielemans and Xhaka is pointless. Other than being good passers, they have very little in common with each other. Tielemans concerns me because for all his fantastic ability, he's not hugely improved since he was 17 at Anderlecht.
Yes they have little in common, one is rated by the football transfer market with the same amount of time on his contract at 45 million pounds and the other wouldn’t get 15 million pound transfer fee from any team in England after 6 years of featuring for Arsenal. The idea that Xhaka is of similar quality is nonsensical, at least to every single football person with the actual authority to write a multimillion transfer deal.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

People talk about Xhaka being superior defensively, what about all the red cards, extra free kicks, penalties and bad counter starting giveaways that Xhaka regularly commits that no other premier league central midfielder commits. Xhaka is just as likely to put your defense under pressure than he is to relieve your defense of pressure.
We have watched his stupidity for so long that we have just accepted it. Xhaka getting stupid bookings, needless free kicks and get caught on the ball is just normal now. All he has to do is to long pass switches a game and he had good game nowadays. I thought he was poor cause Leeds

Farzad Stoned

We have watched his stupidity for so long that we have just accepted it. Xhaka getting stupid bookings, needless free kicks and get caught on the ball is just normal now. All he has to do is to long pass switches a game and he had good game nowadays. I thought he was poor cause Leeds
Considering we are a club that has had players like Cazorla, Özil, Petit, Fabregas, and Viera feature in our midfields there seems to be mind numbingly low standards set for what is classified as a Xhaka masterclass. If he doesn’t make a major mistake and the team wins he somehow gets credit for a special performance without really doing much other than those good long switches out to either wing. I don’t want to turn this into a Xhaka bash fast because he has played above his usual level and he is a committed and gritty professional, but I can’t think of a worse central midfielder who is a regular starter for a top half PL team. He could be a great part time squad player when pressed into service, if he is starting next year we will struggle to improve beyond the current level.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Considering we are a club that has had players like Cazorla, Özil, Petit, Fabregas, and Viera feature in our midfields there seems to be mind numbingly low standards set for what is classified as a Xhaka masterclass. If he doesn’t make a major mistake and the team wins he somehow gets credit for a special performance without really doing much other than those good long switches out to either wing. I don’t want to turn this into a Xhaka bash fast because he has played above his usual level and he is a committed and gritty professional, but I can’t think of a worse central midfielder who is a regular starter for a top half PL team. He could be a great part time squad player when pressed into service, if he is starting next year we will struggle to improve beyond the current level.

Come on that's hyperbolic. Look at some of the trash that start for Spuds and United and he'd obviously get into some lesser top half starting XIs. We can upgrade on him, but that won't necessarily be easy because he's still our best passer. Tielemans is a better more incisive passer but it's questionable whether he can match Xhaka's defensive contribution.

Oh and for the record, Vieira's red cards per Premier League game was a bit worse than Xhaka's and those were times when you could really leave a mark on your opponent and not get sent off

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

He has mentally beaten us to accept him as he is. I can see him yo something very stupid vs Sp**s and we will just accept it and say he hasn’t done it in months

Ornstein: Arsenal keen to sign top target Tielemans, agent dialogue encouraging so far

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Not sure Elneny would accept staying 4th option again and i hope the club not offering stupid long contract too. Look Youri is our 1st midfield target this summer.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
I'm ok with youri but we could do better. Guess we are impressed with the cheaper fee.

HLN [Reliable Belgian source]: Leicester will accept €35m

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

HLN who are most reliable news outlet in Belgium say we very interested talks with agent been very positive. Leicester didn't get any offer yet they still waiting Tielemans decision about new contract.

Leicester will accept 35M€ offer.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

He'll need to shape up after this season to survive Arteta.

The club very clearly give PL experience a high weighting and they prefer that over gambling on a player from another league.

He's an alright signing but 35m sounds like too much. Doubt it would be that much but then it is Edu we are talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom