• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Youri Tielemans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badger_Revenge

We are not going to bend to Leicester here on their valuation. Tielemans would be a Xhaka replacement or alternate, someone who could be a bit more cutting with his passing, but we still have Xhaka and no one else is in for Tielemans, so there is no pressure on Arsenal, at least compared to the other deals.

This will go on all summer.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
So we pay players to leave but on a fee of 25mil, which is cheap, we are acting like a tough giant negotiating corporate?

I honestly don't think we are in for Tielemans at all. Just smokescreen or plain rumour bs. I hope we don't buy him tbh.
We gifted 3M to some Brazilian buds for no reason but being friends but we want to pay 3-5M less for a player who would be much better than Xhaka. They are genius!!

• Goal
Reactions: Xln

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
An easy deal to do there no team interested we focusing on the Raphina Lisandro and Jesus deal first.

so i won't be surprised the drag on until August because Leicester will be more desperate to sell.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

An easy deal to do there no team interested we focusing on the Raphina Lisandro and Jesus deal first.

so i won't be surprised the drag on until August because Leicester will be more desperate to sell.
Tielemans could also be waiting for UCL teams to bid. Surely there are clubs interested in him.

He could also want to see that Arsenal makes a push for top 4 in the transfer market. Shows intent and gets good players for him to play with.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Also i think we spending alot to get G.Jesus and Raphinha both deals could cost us 90M and already bought Fabio that mean we spent 120M and still want Lisandro. Tielemans deal will depend if we can get money from sales but signing him still a must i can't believe the coaching team saw last season and will ignore the midfield we short in quality and numbers there.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Tielemans could also be waiting for UCL teams to bid. Surely there are clubs interested in him.

He could also want to see that Arsenal makes a push for top 4 in the transfer market. Shows intent and gets good players for him to play with.
Since May there zero teams interested in him it may come later but look we have agreement with him because it strange there no team interested in him specially when he worth 25M and we about to enter July

drippin

Since May there zero teams interested in him it may come later but look we have agreement with him because it strange there no team interested in him specially when he worth 25M and we about to enter July
Yeah it looks like he has chosen Arsenal.

In that sense it would be logical if he still wants to see Arsenal go big this transfer window before he commits. He surely wants to join a club fighting constantly and properly for top 4 positions, even if Arsenal isn't in UCL this season.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Don't see the need for him now we've got Vieira tbh. Xhaka is a better more rounded midfielder than Tielemans, while the latter would offer more offensively I believe the signing of Vieira now the negates the really need for him, definitely not urgently anyways. I think if you want to be offensive you go Ødegaard and Vieira as the high 8's, Xhaka in there if you want to be a tad more conservative. The other areas are more important currently.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Youri Tielemans and Arsenal: No offers for Leicester midfielder as other targets prioritised​

1656013204487-png.7435

By Rob Tanner and James McNicholas
2h ago

It would be a stretch to call the Youri Tielemans situation at Leicester City a saga. After all, sagas usually involve actual events along the way.
However, despite Arsenal’s “cooling” interest in signing the Belgium international this summer, this hasn’t been a story of idle chit-chat and speculation, and there may still be a twist in the tale.
While there have been no approaches to Leicester from any club, let alone Arsenal, interested in signing Tielemans so far this summer — and in the last three transfer windows for that matter, since it became known he hadn’t signed a contract renewal offer — that doesn’t mean Tielemans will definitely be pulling on the new Leicester shirt come their season opener at home to Brentford on Sunday, August 7.
Leicester might be slightly more confident at the moment that he will remain at the club, but they won’t be complacent.
While it is true they do need to make room for new faces and generate extra funds through sales of certain assets in Brendan Rodgers’ squad, the idea this summer is to refresh and improve their current set of players. The loss of such a key figure as Tielemans, who has played 158 times for the club since arriving on an initial loan from Monaco three and a half years ago, isn’t their ideal scenario, although they are prepared for the likely outcome that he will move on if an appropriate offer comes in before the window closes at 11pm UK time on September 1.
Tielemans is ambitious. He and his advisers feel he can play at a higher level than Leicester can currently provide.
Ideally, he wants to stay in the Premier League and play in the Champions League, but the 25-year-old isn’t unhappy at Leicester, where he has a strong relationship with Rodgers and his team-mates, and is well respected by staff and supporters.
Having scored the winner in last year’s FA Cup final, delivering Leicester’s first-ever triumph in the competition, the 52-cap Belgian will forever be part of the club’s history.
Youri Tielemans, Leicester

Midfielder Tielemans is heading into the final year of his Leicester contract (Photo: Jon Hobley/MI News/NurPhoto via Getty Images)
Tielemans has been linked with numerous clubs before, with varying degrees of truth, but there is undoubtedly admiration from within the Arsenal set-up for the former Anderlecht man. Other targets appear to be taking priority, however.
There have been other areas of the squad that the north Londoners have looked to improve first this summer though, most notably up front, with their efforts to bring in Gabriel Jesus from Manchester City.
Arsenal are also chasing Leeds United winger Raphinha, and have already signed creative midfielder Fabio Vieira from Porto. For now, the majority of their budget has been dedicated to improving their attack.
That doesn’t mean that, with 10 weeks of the summer window to go, that Arsenal will not resume, and act upon, their interest when they weigh up their position before that September 1 deadline. In the final months of last season, they sounded out Tielemans’ advisors over a move to the Emirates Stadium. He is greatly admired by Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta — there is certainly mutual interest between these two parties.
It’s possible Arsenal’s recent cooling of their interest could merely be an interlude.
For starters, they will feel that they are in a strong position regarding the player. Without any notable competition for Tielemans’ signature, they are currently in a one-horse race. The string of Champions League suitors Tielemans hoped for have not declared themselves as yet. Therefore, there is no need for Arsenal to rush in.
With only a year left on his contract, Leicester know they are in a weakened position but will still try to hold out for the best price they can — although they are unlikely to recoup the £32 million they paid Monaco for his services in summer 2019.
A figure of £25 million has been speculated but Arsenal may feel that the longer they can drag the situation out, the more likely Leicester will be to accept less than that as they look to carry out their own transfer plans ahead of the new season.
Arsenal took a similar approach last summer with the pursuits of Aaron Ramsdale and Martin Ødegaard — confident they were those players’ preferred destination, they could afford to bide their time somewhat.
The memory of the protracted sale of Danny Drinkwater to Chelsea five years ago will still be fresh in the minds of those involved inside King Power Stadium.
Leicester’s determination to hold out for a £30 million fee for Drinkwater left them scrambling to register his replacement Adrien Silva. They famously missed the paperwork deadline by 14 seconds so the Portugal international, signed from Sporting Lisbon for £22 million, was ineligible to play for them until the January window opened four months later.

From a business perspective, it wouldn’t make much sense to hold onto Tielemans and let him leave on a free transfer next summer, when he would surely have a few more suitors than he does right now. Neither would a one-year extension to his current deal, which is not something Leicester are currently considering. They would simply be back in this same position 12 months down the line.
If Arsenal do land Jesus from champions City for a fee reported to be around £50 million, that would take their spending for the summer already past the £80 million mark following the £30 million arrival of Vieira, making it more likely that someone would have to leave to create the room for Tielemans.
Granit Xhaka was the subject of interest from Roma last summer and while their signing of Nemanja Matic after the expiration of his Manchester United contract appears to have closed that door, the Swiss midfielder’s departure would create a gap in the squad and the wage bill at Arsenal, which Tielemans could well be the ideal candidate to fill.
As sagas go, Tielemans’ future hasn’t exactly been a thriller to date but it looks likely to include a few twists in the remaining chapters.

Old news for you guys but incase you wanted to read

Attachments

• 1656013204487.png
    1656013204487.png
    401.8 KB · Views: 119

Tomb Bombadil

For me, that wouldn't be so good. We are trying to make all kinds of transfers, some of which I like very much, but what about our midfield? Of course the striker is our main priority because we lost Laca and Auba, but next on the priority list is our midfield, or does anyone see it differently?

And Tielemans is available for a good price. Bissouma went to Sp**s for a good price. If we don't like Tielemans, we should look for someone else. But before we buy a new winger for 50 million pounds or a defender for 40 million pounds, we should really look after our midfield. I know you can work on that in parallel.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

They are probably trying to finalise the Jesus deal before making the next one. Striker has to be our absolute priority and it'll affect the budget for other moves. So if Jesus falls though and we went for another striker like Osimhen for example then that would change what we can go for elsewhere. If we get Jesus over the line soon, expect another move shortly after I reckon

Yes OnlyBarry good posting. It seems we basically have a deal agreed with Youri, but our current focus is on the other 3.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Yes OnlyBarry good posting. It seems we basically have a deal agreed with Youri, but our current focus is on the other 3.
I can never tell whether you are taking the piss or being genuine mate!! I agree though, not sure we'll end up going for Youri in the end though

drippin

It's also possible that Leicester is asking too much for Arsenal's liking for Tielemans with a year in contract. So it will take some time.

There are still some good options on the market, so it's not that urgent.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

For me, that wouldn't be so good. We are trying to make all kinds of transfers, some of which I like very much, but what about our midfield? Of course the striker is our main priority because we lost Laca and Auba, but next on the priority list is our midfield, or does anyone see it differently?

And Tielemans is available for a good price. Bissouma went to Sp**s for a good price. If we don't like Tielemans, we should look for someone else. But before we buy a new winger for 50 million pounds or a defender for 40 million pounds, we should really look after our midfield. I know you can work on that in parallel.
Should be number 1 priority for me. We’ve been garbage in that position since Cazorla did his ligaments 6 years ago.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
This deal will be done closer to the window. We're just prioritizing other deals which is understandable.
I agree. Let’s look at things like this:
Vieira was an opportunistic signing that we had to grab.
We moved quickly for Jesus, Raphina and Martinez because there is significant interest from rival clubs, mainly Sp**s, Chelsea and United.
As far as we know there is no interest in Tielemans barring Arsenal. This will probably end up like our moves for Tierney and Ramsdale whereby the player will come near the end of the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom