• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Youri Tielemans

Status
Not open for further replies.

6gunner

Considering we play LCFC in the second game of the season I agree it’s more likely to happen around deadline day.

StefanB

I really hope we land Tielemans. Would be such an upgrade to Xhaka in our current system.

Imagine going from this in the latter end of the season:

Ramsdale
Cedric - Holding - Gabriel - Tavares
Elneny - Xhaka
Saka - Ødegaard - Martinelli
Nketiah

To this in the opening game of the new season:

Ramsdale
Tomiyasu - Saliba - Gabriel - Martinez
Partey - Tielemans
Saka - Ødegaard - Raphinha
Gabriel Jesus

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

I really hope we land Tielemans. Would be such an upgrade to Xhaka in our current system.

Ramsdale
Elneny - Xhaka
Nketiah

Ramsdale
Partey - Tielemans
Gabriel Jesus
Saliba and Martinez wouldn't start but it would be a nice problem to have anyway

StefanB

Saliba and Martinez wouldn't start but it would be a nice problem to have anyway

Don't think Tierney will be fit to start the first game. Not sure on how White is doing either which is why I left them out for those two. But yeah it would be a nice problem to have ;)

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻

Ramsdale
Elneny - Xhaka
Nketiah

Ramsdale
Partey - Tielemans
Gabriel Jesus
Partey might not be fit but we look a lot better if/when everyone is.

I agree. Let’s look at things like this:
Vieira was an opportunistic signing that we had to grab.
We moved quickly for Jesus, Raphina and Martinez because there is significant interest from rival clubs, mainly Sp**s, Chelsea and United.
As far as we know there is no interest in Tielemans barring Arsenal. This will probably end up like our moves for Tierney and Ramsdale whereby the player will come near the end of the window.
I wouldnt lose any sleep if Tielemans signed for you, Vardy, he is not. He has too many long periods of poor form. As far as price goes, Rodgers likes him, so I wouldnt be surprised if they let him run his contract down and let him go, next summer. The owners arent poor, and after the Kante debacle, wont be intimidated.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I wouldnt lose any sleep if Tielemans signed for you, Vardy, he is not. He has too many long periods of poor form. As far as price goes, Rodgers likes him, so I wouldnt be surprised if they let him run his contract down and let him go, next summer. The owners arent poor, and after the Kante debacle, wont be intimidated.
Most Leicester fans don’t seem high on Youri, while Arsenal fans think they are getting something special.

Interesting. I know he’s a hit and miss type of player.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Most Leicester fans don’t seem high on Youri, while Arsenal fans think they are getting something special.

Just had an indifferent season though. They had him as Top 3 most influential players in their squad the season before last (they did a poll on it)

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Been consistent about this guy. But we can be linked with anyone and if you don’t rate the player you get attacked in here. He is so overrated

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member

Ha go back to the Maddison thread form last Summer. One of the Leicester fans was saying Maddison wouldnt start if he stayed at Leicester, and he wasnt that good. I disagreed and said hed be vital to Leicester's season and he would score goals and assist and Rodgers would have to depend on him.

Imagine to everyones surprise after Leicester fans were saying Maddison wasnt that good when he gets 12 goals and 8 assists in the premiership while being the cornerstone of their attack. Leicester fans havent a clue

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Ha go back to the Maddison thread form last Summer. One of the Leicester fans was saying Maddison wouldnt start if he stayed at Leicester, and he wasnt that good. I disagreed and said hed be vital to Leicester's season and he would score goals and assist and Rodgers would have to depend on him.

Imagine to everyones surprise after Leicester fans were saying Maddison wasnt that good when he gets 12 goals and 8 assists in the premiership while being the cornerstone of their attack. Leicester fans havent a clue

Yep yep. They were all saying Tielemans was the one to go for last summer lmao. Wouldn't pay much attention to them.

Bloodbather

Established Member

He was very underwhelming this past season, while being class in the previous two. Leicester fans' judgment of him have changed over time accordingly.

Gunners1616

There has to be a way to sell players among Bellerin + AMN + Torreira + Pablo Mari + Pépé + loan fee from Nuno for at least 30M£ to get Tielemans...

Hopefully this deal ends up happening. Since May Ornstein confirmed the interest. A unique chance to get him when he is entering his prime (25y) after 3/4 seasons in PL already. Partey and Xhaka are both 5 years older. There is 0 risk here, only rewards....

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
There has to be a way to sell players among Bellerin + AMN + Torreira + Pablo Mari + Pépé + loan fee from Nuno for at least 30M£ to get Tielemans...

Hopefully this deal ends up happening. Since May Ornstein confirmed the interest. A unique chance to get him when he is entering his prime (25y) after 3/4 seasons in PL already. Partey and Xhaka are both 5 years older. There is 0 risk here, only rewards....

Kind of encouraging, I assumed this one was off. Might depend on whether we get an offer for Xhaka or a loan for Sambi perhaps.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

Ramsdale
Elneny - Xhaka
Nketiah

Ramsdale
Partey - Tielemans
Gabriel Jesus

Looks real good. Add rotation of Xhaka, Martinelli, Nketiah, Smith Rowe, Tierney, Fabio Vieira, Pepe (if he is still here), Elneny, White, Turner/Leno, even Tavares, Holding and Cedric. That's decent enough for twists and turns to come this season.

Now, if we add on top of that, namely a backup RB and CF... we are starting to look dangerous.

tcahill

I'll be extremely surprised if we don't sign this guy. He'd be perfect for the left 8 role that Arteta is keen on, is available for cheap and we've clearly done lots of work behind the scenes.

We're going for quality this window all over the park, but only have Xhaka in the left 8 position who's not even that good there anyway. Throw in the fact that we haven't been linked to anyone else makes me think this is basically done, but because time is on our side here we're hoping to get him a few mill cheaper later in the window.

tcahill

I'll be extremely surprised if we don't sign this guy. He'd be perfect for the left 8 role that Arteta is keen on, is available for cheap and we've clearly done lots of work behind the scenes.

We're going for quality this window all over the park, but only have Xhaka in the left 8 position who's not even that good there anyway. Throw in the fact that we haven't been linked to anyone else makes me think this is basically done, but because time is on our side here we're hoping to get him a few mill cheaper later in the window.

tcahill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom