• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Youri Tielemans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
I just don't know if he's the right guy. I look at the game tonight, we had not midfield, Xhaka probably the best of the three. Would Tielemans have made a difference? Or would he have fallen into the same trap of crumbling under the pressure. I wouldn't say he's press resistent.

I really don't know what we need, well, De Jong would be ideal but there is no chance. When Partey Xhaka and Ødegaard are on it, they are great, when they are off, we have no control.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I just don't know if he's the right guy. I look at the game tonight, we had not midfield, Xhaka probably the best of the three. Would Tielemans have made a difference? Or would he have fallen into the same trap of crumbling under the pressure. I wouldn't say he's press resistent.

I really don't know what we need, well, De Jong would be ideal but there is no chance. When Partey Xhaka and Ødegaard are on it, they are great, when they are off, we have no control.

As always, the guy we need was standing on the touchline this evening

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Time to get him edu we suffering from dominate anything when Ødegaard hiding and Xhaka focusing more in defending than going forward.

Tielemans might not have alot of fans but adding guy who give you something different is important. We only have Lokonga who offensive minded central midfielder but he still developing

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service

Don’t think he would have helped today, if anything might have made things worse as he’s less reliable than Xhaka. We need a greater level of consistency from Partey and Øde (øde needs to get better at finding a way into high pressure games), and a more mobile, technically secure player would probably suit us better than Granit.

I’ve had the same thought about de jong, but it’s impossible.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
We need someone more mobile. It's clear as day that Areta sees the LCM as someone who is going to be more attacking but still track back to our box and that player needs pace. Xhaka is not equipped to do it, Tielemans is better technically but also not equipped to do it. We need a Paqueta type in that role.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Today was the first full 90 I have seen since last season. Arteta is really committed to playing inverted fullbacks and playing advanced CMs. Last season it was mainly Ødegaard but now it’s the LCM too.

Xhaka is a good player but is going to be getting quite a few nose bleeds up there. I think Tielemans would make a big difference for top4 but it all depends on Arteta trying to fulfill loyalty towards Xhaka.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
We need someone more mobile. It's clear as day that Areta sees the LCM as someone who is going to be more attacking but still track back to our box and that player needs pace. Xhaka is not equipped to do it, Tielemans is better technically but also not equipped to do it. We need a Paqueta type in that role.

Thought he had a good game...but there was one moment in the second half, when Xhaka randomly tried to press their backline and keeper.

Don't know what he was thinking, was like watching Per try and press :lol:

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Thought he had a good game...but there was one moment in the second half, when Xhaka randomly tried to press their backline and keeper.

Don't know what he was thinking, was like watching Per try and press :lol:
I don't understand why Arteta has him making runs in behind the striker. If that's what you want from the role then play someone with pace, technique and end product. He was fine but for the ridiculous dive and putting his hands on the ref. Another day and another ref and that could be a sending off out of absolutely nothing. We just can't have that kind of stupidity when the margins for getting back in the CL are so thin and against better teams, having him bombing up the pitch is going to see us ripped apart on the counter because he has no recovery pace. It's a position that should be upgraded. The whole midfield is still very shaky before we even think about the possibility of availability issues. Someone like Paqueta would be a massive upgrade and security blanket.

G0D

Almighty
Xhaka was our best midfielder today.
He was… that said there were a few times yesterday where I could say that if it was Tielemans there instead of Xhaka then Jesus may have scored 1 or 2.

Jesus was up for give and go on a few occasions where we could have stretched Palace and Xhaka simply just cut inside and played a sideways pass, I don’t see someone like Tielemans doing that.

Even if you don’t want to replace Xhaka with Tielemans could easily replace Ødegaard with Tielemans when Ødegaard is struggling like yesterday.

I get we do have Vieira to do that but it’s doubtful to me that Vieira will be able to offer the impact Tielemans will being so new to the league.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
I think Tielemans is going to see out his contract and pick up the big fat signing on fee next summer. That's why no ones gone for him because imo their agent has told clubs he's not going until his contract is up

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Time to get him edu we suffering from dominate anything when Ødegaard hiding and Xhaka focusing more in defending than going forward.

Tielemans might not have alot of fans but adding guy who give you something different is important. We only have Lokonga who offensive minded central midfielder but he still developing

Tielemans would offer anything we are looking for control in the middle of the park. I have no clue what our club is thinking to not go for him already. he could be the missing piece in midfield.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Tielemans would offer anything we are looking for control in the middle of the park. I have no clue what our club is thinking to not go for him already. he could be the missing piece in midfield.
Guess just wanna get him as cheap as possible so we save money for winger.

Goonger

Could the cynic in me think we could see movement in this this week with the added bonus of unsettling Leicester before our game next week.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Yesterday proven again that we need a midfielder who is capable of playing when the opponent put in a lot of pressure on us. GET HIM ON BOARD.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

He was… that said there were a few times yesterday where I could say that if it was Tielemans there instead of Xhaka then Jesus may have scored 1 or 2.

Jesus was up for give and go on a few occasions where we could have stretched Palace and Xhaka simply just cut inside and played a sideways pass, I don’t see someone like Tielemans doing that.

Even if you don’t want to replace Xhaka with Tielemans could easily replace Ødegaard with Tielemans when Ødegaard is struggling like yesterday.

I get we do have Vieira to do that but it’s doubtful to me that Vieira will be able to offer the impact Tielemans will being so new to the league.
Yep. One moment in particular stood out when Jesus tried to make a diagonal run in behind and Xhaka ignored it and played it sideways. I think we need two midfielders still.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Yep. One moment in particular stood out when Jesus tried to make a diagonal run in behind and Xhaka ignored it and played it sideways. I think we need two midfielders still.
As already mentioned Xhaka took that exact pass in pre-season.

Sometimes its instructions and while we can await new midfielders that's only fully fixed when Arteta lays off the fear he accumulated. Overly time-wasting is another one of those sins we did last year a lot.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

The ability to play accurate first time passes with zip from either foot alone creates a big problem for pressing teams that they don’t currently worry about.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade

Xhaka great and the best lol
Happy Simon Cowell GIF by America's Got Talent

The Office Reaction GIF by NETFLIX

Happy Big Brother GIF by MOODMAN

Despicable Me Reaction GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom