• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Youri Tielemans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Left wing is the area of need for me.

We’ve got Vieira we can fit in as an 8. If we sell Pepe who comes off the bench if Saka or Martinelli get injured?

We’ve got Vieira we can fit in as an 8. If we sell Pepe who comes off the bench if Saka or Martinelli get injured?

We wont sell Pepe. He was in the celebrstions for one of the goal today.

ESR came on for Saka. Vieira can play on wings. Nelson and Marquinhos are still here. I wonder if Edu and Tetz feel we are short on the wings?

Makavelii

You're forgetting Emile Smith Rowe. Proven with lot's of goals from the left last season.
And we won't be selling Pepe.

Midfield is more important IMO. But a defensive minded CM to deputy Parteys role seems smarter.

Not sure who's available, so I'd take Tielemans at a bargain price. He's solid proven squad depth and we could easily sell him at a profit if we really wanted to.

Legend14

Established Member
comments about Youri not needed in this team is crazy we are short in the middle if Partey or Xhaka pick up a long term injury then what? On the bench we have Elneny and Lokonga that won’t win us big games and we are in Europe so we need a big squad and quality players to rotate with through the season.
Tielemans is not a 6. He doesn't defend well.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
In the post-match Arteta pointed out that Xhaka and Viera bring different qualities to the 8 position. Which suggests they will be rotating in the position.

Does that mean Tieleman's is off? Or are we actually looking at Tieleman's for Ode/Partey backup/rotation? Ode would make some sense. You could also possible play Vieira/Tielemans then. Or another combination.

Last edited:

Makavelii

We need someone to replace Partey IMO, not back him up.
He’s the weak link in the team. Just too sloppy. He’s had enough time to get used to the PL now and he won’t improve.
Who do you suggest?
It's hard position to recruit for.

P.S. I don't agree that he's been that bad.

D

Deleted member 102404

Who do you suggest?
It's hard position to recruit for.

P.S. I don't agree that he's been that bad.
I really don’t know TBH. The scouts will no doubt be more knowledgable.
Seems that with Xhaka playing further upfield it’s a DM we need.
Ndidi would not be a bad shout - maybe. Would much prefer him to Tielemans.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I really don’t know TBH. The scouts will no doubt be more knowledgable.
Seems that with Xhaka playing further upfield it’s a DM we need.
Ndidi would not be a bad shout - maybe. Would much prefer him to Tielemans.
Ndidi would be like Bissouma. Going to AFCON like Partey.

Both Ndidi and Bissouma are defensive players who can dribble, but aren't really that good going forward or passing.

D

Deleted member 102404

Ndidi would be like Bissouma. Going to AFCON like Partey.

Both Ndidi and Bissouma are defensive players who can dribble, but aren't really that good going forward or passing.
Yeah AFCON is a problem in that regard.

I think we NEED the more defensive midfielder. We have enough going forward IMO.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I think we are getting hung up on individual profiles, instead of looking at how the system would need to adjust if Partey is out.

Ideally, a one to one replacement would be great. But its not the end of the world if we dont get in a player who can replicate the #6 role to the T. I have felt that way before, quite recently in fact, but Im also aware that the way we are structured in build up, helps a lot as well.

Consider us bringing in Tielemans, a player who is able to progress the ball from deep, and when surrounded by Zinchenko/Xhaka and Elneny, has enough support to progress the ball and create from deep. Same can be said with Xhaka in the 6 position.

Something like Zinny---Elneny---Tielemans or Xhaka---Elneny---Tielemans, etc. Its functional.

Ideally, you go for a Matheus Nunes or a profile along those lines, who can hold his own as a lone pivot. But he would be part of a midfield 3 anyway, and I think that is the necessary security needed to keep us going.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
comments about Youri not needed in this team is crazy we are short in the middle if Partey or Xhaka pick up a long term injury then what? On the bench we have Elneny and Lokonga that won’t win us big games and we are in Europe so we need a big squad and quality players to rotate with through the season.
Exactly 👍People also imho are too obsessed with replacing 'like for like' if Partey is out you could use tielemans as an 8 & push Xhaka back to a 6. He likely may not get as exposed there with zinchenko at FB rather than KT bombing forward.
Tough to find a Partey replicant just like it was finding a 'new' Paddy V.
Man City used to have Yaya but they never replaced him with a clone they adapted.
Lot to be said for having good adaptable pros in the squad.

Zaza

Still not convinced by him tbh. Not a high volume passer/controller and don't think he does enough defensively. I won't be too fussed if we don't get him. We need someone that can give us control in tough away games. Don't think it'll be Tielemans.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Well he failed that audition so I'd be shocked if Arteta pushed ahead with this. Not that it's based on one performance obviously, but they seemed to be dragging their feet with this to begin with.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
Athletic has said that xhaka has to be moved on for this to happen..

Then this ain't happening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom