• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yves Bissouma

Status
Not open for further replies.

OSBK

Established Member
I'd say the second Özil contract was a mistake, yes, but the original transfer wasn't.

Agreed, peeps forget we went a long long long time not winning a trophy. Then we signed Özil and he was the catalyst for us to get some silverwear. The Özil haters can bleat on all they want, but that same bunch won nothing before Özil.

Iceman10

Established Member
Forgot that Bissouma’s history at Lille possibly makes him interested in linking up with Gabriel and Pepe again (h/t AFTV).

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
Agreed, peeps forget we went a long long long time not winning a trophy. Then we signed Özil and he was the catalyst for us to get some silverwear. The Özil haters can bleat on all they want, but that same bunch won nothing before Özil.

Many players contributed. Santi for example. Özil didnt win us that title on his own.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
This basically sums up my position on Bissouma. Like I acknowledge that Bissouma and Partey would be a very good and functional midfield, but i'm not exactly picturing it taking us to Champions League glory.

Goonger

This basically sums up my position on Bissouma. Like I acknowledge that Bissouma and Partey would be a very good and functional midfield, but i'm not exactly picturing it taking us to Champions League glory.

Need to walk before you can run mate. Need to get in the Champions League before we worry about winning it. Besides, I'm not sure you could have classed a midfield containing Henderson & Wijnaldum a dream midfield a couple of years back.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

You don't need s generational midfield to get to the champions league final.

Marquinhos, Paredes, Herrera

Liverpool don't have Xavi and Iniesta

Sp**s?

Come on. Bissouma and Partey at the base would be an excellent foundation.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Bissouma and Partey would work more with another midfielder (not a 10) in with them, I think they're a bit too similar or would look to do the same role in a double pivot and I'm not sure how effective it'd be unless one of them adapts their game and tries to be a 6.

Anyways a better question is this, is there ANY serious links to this guy because his thread is always active but I'm not seeing many credible links here.

Kobi

I Know Who You Are

Sp**s?

On this is it my imagination or has the standard of top European football fallen off a cliff and getting worse?
Look at that Man United team in 2011, Van Der Sar, Vidic, Ferdinand, Evra, Carrick, Rooney, Scholes, Giggs and got absolutely annihilated in the final, now you have teams with Henderson, Dier, Sissoko and Winks playing in finals.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
If it's Buendia or Bissouma, I'd prefer Buendia.
Need creativity and free flowing attacking play first on all edges.

Someone like Bissouma thereafter.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐

Sp**s?

I mean yeah it'd be an excellent foundation, if we had like 2007 Kaka playing in front of them. The player we absolutely should have bought last summer wasn't a mobile partner for Partey (although we do need this too), it was Grealish. Put someone like Grealish in this Arsenal team and tbh it barely matters who plays next to Partey, you're still gonna win most games cos you're gonna create a ton of chances and score more goals.

Goonger

If we go for Bissouma, we'd have some choices to make with regards AFCON.

If we assume Torreira & Guendouzi depart, that likely pays for Bissouma. However, it also means we have Partey, Bissouma & Elneny departing next January for up to 6 weeks.

So, do we keep Xhaka in the summer knowing this? Even if we do with the current squad that would leave what, a Xhaka & Willock / Maitland-Niles midfield for 6 weeks?

If we sign say a Buendia, could he play deeper with Xhaka? Could we sign someone else say a Berge on top of a Bissouma?

AFCON really is a bit of a pain when thinking about squad building.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Love those flavour of the month names that will elevate us to new heights with their qualiteeeee. :lol:

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I mean yeah it'd be an excellent foundation, if we had like 2007 Kaka playing in front of them. The player we absolutely should have bought last summer wasn't a mobile partner for Partey (although we do need this too), it was Grealish. Put someone like Grealish in this Arsenal team and tbh it barely matters who plays next to Partey, you're still gonna win most games cos you're gonna create a ton of chances and score more goals.

But Salah, Mane and Sterling are all better than Grealish so what does that chart actually show? And we aren't going to sign Grealish

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Grealish is just flavour of the month. He will also be overpriced because he is English. What was Grealish like at 20? 1 goal from 16 premier league appearances, highly inconsistent and unprofessional off the pitch.

This team is 4-5 years away from a title challenge. I would rather invest in ESR as at 24, he could be better than Grealish is now. If I am honest I don't think Saka is far off. The fact that he can play 5 -6 positions at the same level makes him more valuable than Grealish anyway.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Grealish is just flavour of the month. He will also be overpriced because he is English. What was Grealish like at 20? 1 goal from 16 premier league appearances, highly inconsistent and unprofessional off the pitch.

This team is 4-5 years away from a title challenge. I would rather invest in ESR as at 24, he could be better than Grealish is now. If I am honest I don't think Saka is far off. The fact that he can play 5 -6 positions at the same level makes him more valuable than Grealish anyway.

He's been one of the best players in the PL over the last 18 months, I wouldn't call that being flavour of the month.

And tbh as much as I dislike a lot of things about Arsenal these days and have lost my optimism for the future, I don't think we're necessarily 4-5 years away from a title challenge. Sometimes growth in football is incremental and systematic, sometimes it's as random and spontaneous as one really f*cking good player coming in and changing things.

In December 2019 most people would have said Man Utd were lightyears from a title challenge, just over 12 months later and hey presto, they're in one. They bought one very good player who plays in a key position and effects their games.

This season for sure will be a strange one, but so too will the next few ones, there's the pandemic, international tournaments, ludicrous schedules. Imo the last 3 seasons where the PL winner got like 100 points skewed everyone's perceptions, we got used to excellence and it made everyone think it's impossible to compete with the City/Liverpool axis. I think this season and probably next it will be more like the 90's, the winner gets like 80 points or something.

Like replace Lacazette and Özil with really good elite creative attacking players and this current squad is probably already somewhere between 70-80 points. Give Partey an elite partner and it probably gets into a title challenge.

People care too much about CBs and DMs these days, and not enough about ballers. One baller in this team and we're smiling again, two and we're winning again.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

I think you'll find pretty much every single Arsenal fan was pleased to sign Özil. What the majority aren't pleased with is what he has offered in the last 2 years! He's done and we need to move on!

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

We definitely need an upgrade alongside Partey tbh. No way for me to know if Bissouma is 100% the guy, but I am not sure how an upgrade for that spot can be disputed.

I would also like us to sign prem ready players in their early/mid twenties.

I am not sure on Arteta's ability to integrate a player from a foreign league - something to consider if we go for a cheaper option. We currently have a backlog of 20-22 year old central midfielders floating around.

Iceman10

Established Member
Bissouma and Partey would work more with another midfielder (not a 10) in with them, I think they're a bit too similar or would look to do the same role in a double pivot and I'm not sure how effective it'd be unless one of them adapts their game and tries to be a 6.

Anyways a better question is this, is there ANY serious links to this guy because his thread is always active but I'm not seeing many credible links here.

There have been rumours over the last couple of days of Arsenal and his agent being in contact, and the player having a wish to join Arsenal. Not sure about write-ups, but plenty on social media & YouTube. Most supposed itk’s are saying though if a move happens it will likely happen only this summer, but if this is a transfer we can do and is realistic while not much else is on for this window it would be one I would make a jump on and bring forward.

OSBK

Established Member
Many players contributed. Santi for example. Özil didnt win us that title on his own.

Im not saying he did but Özil was the catalyst to us getting back to winning trophies. His signing and presence raised everyones game, even santi who finally had a good footballer to play with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom