• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yves Bissouma

Status
Not open for further replies.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Obviously we wouldn't have such a problem with numbers if we could just extent Douzi's contract and give him a chance, but Arteta's a criminal.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
We don’t have number problem. We have quality problem

A quality problem, and also a number problem. We're selling Douzi and Torreira, right? Probably also selling Willock and AMN. Azeez might be introduced as 5th choice, or go on loan. Reports that Xhaka wants to leave. That leaves us with Partey and Elneny (who should leave but probably won't), so you need two senior midfielders. If one of them is Bissouma, 3 of 4 senior midfielders will be away for AFCON.

The midfield is a total mess.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
A quality problem, and also a number problem. We're selling Douzi and Torreira, right? Probably also selling Willock and AMN. Azeez might be introduced as 5th choice, or go on loan. Reports that Xhaka wants to leave. That leaves us with Partey and Elneny (who should leave but probably won't), so you need two senior midfielders. If one of them is Bissouma, 3 of 4 senior midfielders will be away for AFCON.

The midfield is a total mess.

But then if we are more realistic...

Unless Newcastle offer £25-30M Willock is staying. Xhaka will be similar, no big offer and he's happy to stay according to his interview. Elneny will obviously stay.

Still think we need to sign two regardless.

Legend14

Established Member
Anyone know what formation we intend to play? I am hearing a switch to 4-3-3, which would change who we recruit.

Did we play a 4-3-3 at all this season?

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
For me, Bissouma doesn't solve a problem. We need to dictate the ball, and Bissouma plays without the ball.
Stay away from this type of signing. We already have Partey. We need a complentary partner.

Hopefully, a goalscoring Central Midfielder.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Sounds like a good lad. Hard to read too much into it, maybe it's a thank you and good bye to Brighton fans and he's looking to step up. Who knows. But any player coming through an African academy to get to the PL is already a massive success story.

Slightly off topic here, but once again we see a glowing review of Potter, in addition to his experience and qualifications.

Looks an excellent option to fit into a functional system at Arsenal, not this current one mind you

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Mwepu of RB Salzburg is a much better and cheaper alternative to Bissouma. At £17million he is very underrated and will suit the premiership well as well as forming a very good partnership with Partey.
We are too stupid to make that kind of deal. We have looked at him and been linked but probably deemed him too raw. The same we did with Soumare and Sander Berge when he was at Genk. We wait till they establish themselves and cost 30 million more.

The club have no idea what they are doing. We should be able to scout a rb, a gk a lb and a 3rd cm for reasonable fees. We should be able to go down divisions and to south America and find these players. Instead everyone we are linked to, we already know.

Say what we want about Holding. I don't think he is starting quality for Arsenal. He is a very able back up and he came from Bolton. Is this club telling me there is literally no player in the leagues below who can develop into a good left back? Or rb?

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Funny thing is. So many people are doubting this guy. He would be the perfect Fernandinho replacement. I wouldn't be surprised if he went there to be honest with us being so slow to act on everything. Berge it is.

Goonger

Funny thing is. So many people are doubting this guy. He would be the perfect Fernandinho replacement. I wouldn't be surprised if he went there to be honest with us being so slow to act on everything. Berge it is.

He'll definitely go somewhere as long as Brighton don't price him out a move, & I wouldn't be surprised if its to City or Liverpool.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
We are too stupid to make that kind of deal. We have looked at him and been linked but probably deemed him too raw. The same we did with Soumare and Sander Berge when he was at Genk. We wait till they establish themselves and cost 30 million more.

The club have no idea what they are doing. We should be able to scout a rb, a gk a lb and a 3rd cm for reasonable fees. We should be able to go down divisions and to south America and find these players. Instead everyone we are linked to, we already know.

Say what we want about Holding. I don't think he is starting quality for Arsenal. He is a very able back up and he came from Bolton. Is this club telling me there is literally no player in the leagues below who can develop into a good left back? Or rb?

You can include Guendouzi on tht list, debatable whether he's starting quality, but he's obviously good enough to be at least a back-up for Arsenal, we scouted him from Ligue 2. That was a successful piece of recruitment, and then we just set fire to it.

OSBK

Established Member
I like the player alot, but as said above he is not a controlling midfielder. I would take him anyway but if we play him and partey then we very much become leicester.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Saka and ESR have been out best players, and not only that, they proved our youth really deserves to get a chance. Why would we bin Willock then, who also did well on his loan, and actually has all the attributes we could use from a CM/AM.
think Arteta knows all that, and how to make a new Ramsey out of him.

Niles on the other hand will be sold I think, as he always is suspicious with his turn on/turn off mentality, something Mikel is not a fan of, and it seams both Nelson and Eddie have similar problem that might get them out of the club, but not Joe.

ps. am expecting FootballManager dislike, and maybe few more private texts about it 😁🤣

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Saka and ESR have been out best players, and not only that, they proved our youth really deserves to get a chance. Why would we bin Willock then, who also did well on his loan, and actually has all the attributes we could use from a CM/AM.
think Arteta knows all that, and how to make a new Ramsey out of him.

Niles on the other hand will be sold I think, as he always is suspicious with his turn on/turn off mentality, something Mikel is not a fan of, and it seams both Nelson and Eddie have similar problem that might get them out of the club, but not Joe
Saka and ESR are good talent. But it doesn’t mean that willock will automatically become one, just because he is also a young player. We had Fabregas, but we also had Justin Hyote.

Willock has no attributes we want from a CM/AM.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Talent is how hard you are willing to work to improve, and I think Joe has tons of it.

but I get the fact most see talent as something else

Jabintendo

We have a massive problem in sustaining attacks. We only create chances sporadically and do not pen teams back for sustained periods and dominate with ball. With him and Partey we can dominate with the ball again.

I think this is a massive reason why we aren't beating teams lower down the table. Bissouma will help a lot with this problem. Plus he is premiere league proven which is a massive help as we have restarted this 're-build' too many times.

ChefMan21

For me, Bissouma doesn't solve a problem. We need to dictate the ball, and Bissouma plays without the ball.
Stay away from this type of signing. We already have Partey. We need a complentary partner.

Hopefully, a goalscoring Central Midfielder.
Agree with your last point, or at least we need to spread the love goal-wise in the squad. Said, from memory, coming into the season that we had too much tied up in PEA for goals and that if he didn't quite fire, our season would be poor. Worked out that way in the end - slow start to the season for him, therefore a slow start to the club, and in the end it was slow enough to knock us out of Europe. Two players I like (and if we could find similar I'd be happy) are Milinkovic-Savic for midfield, and Dybala as an alternative to a No.10 (although tbf he hadn't scored that many this season). They spread the goal threats across the team more, thereby taking pressure off PEA, and therefore taking the pressure off the club as a whole. One or two players like them would make me feel a lot more comfortable...

Edit: to be clear I'm not saying no on Bissouma, simply making the observation that 'pass it to PEA' is not much of a strategy to winning titles. Like expecting Ruth Bader Ginsberg to live forever as a strategy for Trump.

Last edited:

Legend14

Established Member
You can include Guendouzi on tht list, debatable whether he's starting quality, but he's obviously good enough to be at least a back-up for Arsenal, we scouted him from Ligue 2. That was a successful piece of recruitment, and then we just set fire to it.
Attitude is part of the equation when building a winner. Guendouzi will not be an Arsenal player since he lacks emotional maturity.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Attitude is part of the equation when building a winner. Guendouzi will not be an Arsenal player since he lacks emotional maturity.
Most people do when they're 18-20. One thing he seems he isn't afraid of is calling people out or giving abit of attitude probably based on his competitive nature. Maybe even abit of arrogance which isn't always bad. Whether that be against opponents or maybe the manager. It isn't always smart but I'd rather a player who challenges people than just sits in dressing rooms feeling sorry for himself.

When a lot of older players were hiding under Emery he was giving it his all.

Pepesuave

Florian Neuhaus has a 40M release clause...if you believe reports in Germany. Why aren't we camped out there selling him the project and offering him Willian's salary - which I reckon would be a substantial raise for him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom