• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yves Bissouma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Last couple of years he’s missed a lot of time through injuries.

Xhaka is an Ironman but ends up missing games through suspension. As all round players I’d take Xhaka all day long.
Xhaka's got his strengths for sure. Underrated player to be honest, when he's on his game he can be brilliant. Not sure whether he's better than Phillips, they are similar players, maybe Xhaka the better passer and Phillips the better ball winner.

For Xhaka though it's the errors that count against him. Maybe it's just perception, but I'd see Phillips as an upgrade because of that alone.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
Isn't he being accused of sexual assault?

Quality player, but i thought he had Liverpool written all over him

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
And guys, just for your Information, violence against women is not something to make fun of...
the state of the forum, where the hell are the moderators?
I read 2 comments here that made my stomach turn. disgusting.
I grew up in a house where it was common place to hit and diminish women, believe me there is nothing funny about that.

GDeep™

League is very weak
No club is going to touch him now, other than a Newcastle or Everton level club in a few years.

If he’s innocent then you feel really sorry because these accusations have stolen a big move from him.

People like @Riou talking about money buying you freedom, but money and fame also leaves you open to false accusations.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

And guys, just for your Information, violence against women is not something to make fun of...
the state of the forum, where the hell are the moderators?
I read 2 comments here that make my stomach turn. disgusting.
I grew up in a house were it was common place to hit and diminish women, believe me there is nothing funny about that.
Use the report button

Jasard

No club is going to touch him now, other than a Newcastle or Everton level club in a few years.

If he’s innocent then you feel really sorry because these accusations have stolen a big move from him.

People like @Riou talking about money buying you freedom, but money and fame also leaves you open to false accusations.
Strong point that @Riou

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Reported.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
At the end of the day I doubt we are interested in signing him, so it's all moot.

He will still get a big move to another team I feel, something like this didn't stop Ronaldo going to United.

Having money does leave you open to false accusations, but it's not like everyone with money is constantly targeted either, usual there is always something in these cases...I guess it's whatever side you want to trust.

Jasard

At the end of the day I doubt we are interested in signing him, so it's all mute.

He will still get a big move to another team I feel, something like this didn't stop Ronaldo going to United.

Having money does leave you open to false accusations, but it's not like everyone with money is constantly targeted either, usual there is always something in these cases...I guess it's whatever side you want to trust.
Not sure if intentional

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Was reading up on Bissouma and came across this article which has a few interesting stat comparisons in it. But to be honest they just confirm that Guimaraes is basically great at all the stuff you need from a midfielder (apart from goals). Biss is a great player, very good under a press and not terrible at bringing the ball forward, but he's not elite at it.

I mean no one could say Partey-Bissouma is a bad midfield, it’s clearly a good midfield, but idk, what would their roles be? They both do the same all-roundy thing.

For me the perfect midfield is Modric-Casemiro-Kroos, where there are clearly defined roles.

Barry

I mean no one could say Partey-Bissouma is a bad midfield, it’s clearly a good midfield, but idk, what would their roles be? They both do the same all-roundy thing.

For me the perfect midfield is Modric-Casemiro-Kroos, where there are clearly defined roles.
I'm at a place of peace with our midfield options now - there are loads of good ones out there, and hopefully a decent chance that Lokonga steps up over the next year or so as well.

Aside from the probably unrealistic ones like Rice, Gallagher or Tielemans though, it's Guimaraes who really stands out for me. Could see Partey / Guimaraes being a really strong combo

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
I always find the question “if someone did that to my sister” a more helpful yardstick for judging things like this.
I think the same, putting the guy in jail won't teach him how to respect people. Could cause even anger towards society. Community jobs and some course about that would be much better. Complete it with a fine and public apologies and that's it. Going to jail it's exaggeration.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Partey-Bissouma is a bad midfield :drool:

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Explain your reasoning though, cos I’m interested
It was mostly tongue in cheek. Wouldn't say no to Bissouma for footballing reasons anyway. That said, I'm not entirely convinced about him. When I've watched him at Brighton he seems a bit limited and even though it can be down to his role in the team and their tactics I'm not sure it's just that. I think his passing isn't really what it needs to be. Especially if you compare him to Alzate who's asked to play sort of the same role in Bissouma's absence. He's seems like a much better and more confident passer of the ball and that's what I think we need to replace Xhaka with.

I'm leaning more and more towards Neves for the sole reason of replacing Xhaka with "Xhaka without the mistakes"

Barry

It was mostly tongue in cheek. Wouldn't say no to Bissouma for footballing reasons anyway. That said, I'm not entirely convinced about him. When I've watched him at Brighton he seems a bit limited and even though it can be down to his role in the team and their tactics I'm not sure it's just that. I think his passing isn't really what it needs to be. Especially if you compare him to Alzate who's asked to play sort of the same role in Bissouma's absence. He's seems like a much better and more confident passer of the ball and that's what I think we need to replace Xhaka with.

I'm leaning more and more towards Neves for the sole reason of replacing Xhaka with "Xhaka without the mistakes"
The Brighton fans absolutely love Bissouma though, if you read their forums (last year at least) they had him head and shoulders above as their best player. Agree though, I don't think he has a great passing range, that's one of his blind spots for sure.

Most Wolves fans seem to really rate Neves as well tbf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom