• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yves Bissouma

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I was going to bring this up in my previous post, but then I realized AFCON was moved to June. It's not really the pressing concern it used to be when it was held in January. Surely not enough to be a deterrence from signing Bissouma.

Wait the move it to June again?

I thought they had backtracked and reverted it to the January schedule.

Goonger

I was going to bring this up in my previous post, but then I realized AFCON was moved to June. It's not really the pressing concern it used to be when it was held in January. Surely not enough to be a deterrence from signing Bissouma.

It's getting played in January next year & the following year.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Maybe we go for this in the summer. We are going to have to buy players whether we like it or not. Ceballos loan is ending and Guendouzi's Arsenal career is unfortunately close to being over. I would have liked to cash in on Xhaka but its looking like we will need him for numbers.

Bissouma has looked great for my second team, really good on the ball and a tough tackler who is quite clever in what he does, quite streetsmart. Him and Partey would be so dynamic, my only question would be that they are kinda similar in style in some ways. Regardless, if we were to lets say get Bissouma and Aouar next summer I will finally be really excited about our midfield. It would have everything needed.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I thought Partey had this role covered?

I don't think Partey signed for us to be a Dm. I am a bit confused when it comes to discussing creativity. Partey isn't a pure dm. He is s complete box to box midfielder and it makes sense buying dm to unleash Partey.

The club really need to think about afcon though. It will take out 4 starters if we sign Bissouma. So we would probably need one more player of that profile.

AMN, Soumare, Bissouma, Partey

If you want to be serious you need to replace Guendouzi with Bissouma and Soumare for Torreira.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
I don't think Partey signed for us to be a Dm. I am a bit confused when it comes to discussing creativity. Partey isn't a pure dm. He is s complete box to box midfielder and it makes sense buying dm to unleash Partey.

The club really need to think about afcon though. It will take out 4 starters if we sign Bissouma. So we would probably need one more player of that profile.

AMN, Soumare, Bissouma, Partey

If you want to be serious you need to replace Guendouzi with Bissouma and Soumare for Torreira.

Bissouma-Thomas would be a pretty uncreative pivot. Would be nice for games against big sides but in the rest it's not really a pivot you would use.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Bissouma-Thomas would be a pretty uncreative pivot. Would be nice for games against big sides but in the rest it's not really a pivot you would use.

Partey has the passing range of xhaka, it would be an excellent pivot. People severely underrated Partey's passing range.

This is why you cannot play AMN in a midfield without someone like Partey/Ceballos or even Xhaka. @The_Playmaker we had disagreements about AMN in the middle but even you can say that he just doesn't have the passing range to play there.

Zaza

Sell Elneny, Xhaka, Ceballos and get him. Add an AM and our midfield will be something else

Hinderz

Throw some stats at me if I’m wrong, but having watched a highlights compilation I was struck by the amount of times he had to turn himself inside out to get back on his right foot rather than play it with his left.

This is the type Xhaka-esqe thing I don’t want to see in our midfield anymore.

Last edited:

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Couldn’t we just go 4-4-2 and press all over the shop.

Turbo powered midfield with him and Partey compared to now.
One of my favourite ever teams to watch were that Monaco side Jardim put together in 16/17. They scored goals for fun in a classic 442. Honestly, we could probably do it with a few tweaks here and there. Saka is the new Thomas Lemar, so the LM is his. Partey and Bissouma can be Bakayoko and Fabinho. Funnily enough, Partey and Fabinho both started their careers at RB so the similarities are there. Pepe can be like B. Silva. Falcao and Auba. Not in terms of similarity of play but they’re the experienced forward. Then you need the Mbappe lol. Martinelli or Balogun maybe? Please don’t bite my head off. I said similar to Monaco not the same quality in every position. Bring in a new RB and CB too.

Monaco 442 16/17:
Falcao-Mbappe
Lemar-Bakayoko-Fabinho-B. Silva
Mendy-Jemerson-Glik-Sidbe
(I forgot the keeper’s name)

Arsenal 442 20/21:
Auba-Balogun/Martinelli
Saka-Bissouma-Partey-Pepe
Tierney-Gabriel-Saliba-Mukiele
Leno.

TornadoTed

Established Member
One of my favourite ever teams to watch were that Monaco side Jardim put together in 16/17. They scored goals for fun in a classic 442. Honestly, we could probably do it with a few tweaks here and there. Saka is the new Thomas Lemar, so the LM is his. Partey and Bissouma can be Bakayoko and Fabinho. Funnily enough, Partey and Fabinho both started their careers at RB so the similarities are there. Pepe can be like B. Silva. Falcao and Auba. Not in terms of similarity of play but they’re the experienced forward. Then you need the Mbappe lol. Martinelli or Balogun maybe? Please don’t bite my head off. I said similar to Monaco not the same quality in every position. Bring in a new RB and CB too.

Monaco 442 16/17:
Falcao-Mbappe
Lemar-Bakayoko-Fabinho-B. Silva
Mendy-Jemerson-Glik-Sidbe
(I forgot the keeper’s name)

Arsenal 442 20/21:
Auba-Balogun/Martinelli
Saka-Bissouma-Partey-Pepe
Tierney-Gabriel-Saliba-Mukiele
Leno.

I like that side a lot, I've been on the 442 hype train for a while. Personally I would put Pepe up front with Auba and look to sign a playmaker/winger for the B. Silva role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom