• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yves Bissouma

Status
Not open for further replies.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I like that side a lot, I've been on the 442 hype train for a while. Personally I would put Pepe up front with Auba and look to sign a playmaker/winger for the B. Silva role.
That could work too. I just couldn’t think of a big name left footed playmaker who can operate on the right.

Legend14

Established Member
I don't think Partey signed for us to be a Dm. I am a bit confused when it comes to discussing creativity. Partey isn't a pure dm. He is s complete box to box midfielder and it makes sense buying dm to unleash Partey.

The club really need to think about afcon though. It will take out 4 starters if we sign Bissouma. So we would probably need one more player of that profile.

AMN, Soumare, Bissouma, Partey

If you want to be serious you need to replace Guendouzi with Bissouma and Soumare for Torreira.
Solid ideas here. First look at Bissouma, he’s a very good player. What’s his cost?

Soumare is a young talent. I am watching more of him in Europa, instead of only his highlight reel. Technically sound, two-footed, very athletic, pushes the ball through the midfield. He’s an upgrade to Xhaka. He is also a bit lazy at times and he is not a solid defender. Ball watches. Sometimes doesn’t want the ball. He’ll need to improve cognitively, but has high potential.

I am now putting Bissouma ahead of him from what limited I have seen of Bissouma. Pairing him with Partey, frees Partey who can do pretty much do it all.

We do need more creativity, but I would define that as someone who can breakdown defenders one on one and unbalance defenses. I want a team that intimidates.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Solid ideas here. First look at Bissouma, he’s a very good player. What’s his cost?

Soumare is a young talent. I am watching more of him in Europa, instead of only his highlight reel. Technically sound, two-footed, very athletic, pushes the ball through the midfield. He’s an upgrade to Xhaka. He is also a bit lazy at times and he is not a solid defender. Ball watches. Sometimes doesn’t want the ball. He’ll need to improve cognitively, but has high potential.

I am now putting Bissouma ahead of him from what limited I have seen of Bissouma. Pairing him with Partey, frees Partey who can do pretty much do it all.

We do need more creativity, but I would define that as someone who can breakdown defenders one on one and unbalance defenses. I want a team that intimidates.

Bissouma doesnt have the English tax, so 30 million would be the most he should cost. Bissouma is way ahead of Soumare and fully adapted to England. He's probably the closest thing you could get as a successor to Partey even though you can play him next to Partey.

Buendia, Soumare and Bissouma would show some planning. I don't trust us to do it.

There is nothing humble about us. We do not buy from lower leagues and teams who are supposedly worse than us in the same league. We are snobbish. Its something I despise about us.

We have this preference of buying foreign players when there is so much talent in the lower leagues that would serve as better options.

You telling me we couldn't get a young english right back or centre half instead of Mari and Cedric?

pikey2000

Bissouma doesnt have the English tax, so 30 million would be the most he should cost. Bissouma is way ahead of Soumare and fully adapted to England. He's probably the closest thing you could get as a successor to Partey even though you can play him next to Partey.

Buendia, Soumare and Bissouma would show some planning. I don't trust us to do it.

There is nothing humble about us. We do not buy from lower leagues and teams who are supposedly worse than us in the same league. We are snobbish. Its something I despise about us.

We have this preference of buying foreign players when there is so much talent in the lower leagues that would serve as better options.

You telling me we couldn't get a young english right back or centre half instead of Mari and Cedric?

I take your point, but for me this is as much, if not more to do with the fact it will cost you a premium price to buy from within the league or the championship, I'd much prefer to find talent from within our league system than I would purchase Mari and Cedric BUT had we done so you can guarantee it would have cost more, unless your buying absolute unknowns.

Look at some of the prices being banded about for Ben White from Brighton, then look at what we paid for Gabriel, you can see why we shop outside and I'm not sure its flat out snobbery.

If we can find players priced right we have been known to shop down the leagues, Holding, Jenkinson, Chambers are a few that spring to mind but they haven't exactly set the world alight for us so not exactly proof that it is always the right thing to do.

Truth be told our transfer business in total has been more miss than hit, regardless of the origin of the player.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I take your point, but for me this is as much, if not more to do with the fact it will cost you a premium price to buy from within the league or the championship, I'd much prefer to find talent from within our league system than I would purchase Mari and Cedric BUT had we done so you can guarantee it would have cost more, unless your buying absolute unknowns.

Look at some of the prices being banded about for Ben White from Brighton, then look at what we paid for Gabriel, you can see why we shop outside and I'm not sure its flat out snobbery.

If we can find players priced right we have been known to shop down the leagues, Holding, Jenkinson, Chambers are a few that spring to mind but they haven't exactly set the world alight for us so not exactly proof that it is always the right thing to do.

Truth be told our transfer business in total has been more miss than hit, regardless of the origin of the player.

There are players that get hyped and so their prices get bumped up. However there are a lot of players that we could have had as squad players that are better than what we have got. Bogle is an example. Basically cost peanuts and we could literally have had him pushing Bellerin.

TornadoTed

Established Member
There are players that get hyped and so their prices get bumped up. However there are a lot of players that we could have had as squad players that are better than what we have got. Bogle is an example. Basically cost peanuts and we could literally have had him pushing Bellerin.

I liked the look of Bogle from the couple of Derby games I saw but there is no evidence at all that he is any better or even as good as Cedric. He hasn't made a single appearance for Sheffield United yet and they are bottom of the league with one point and really struggling.

Hinderz

I would take Soumare everyday over Bissouma. Firstly, Brighton are in a position where they don’t need to sell, so will try and get good payday. Secondly, Bissouma is very one footed, particularly compared to Soumare. He has a habit of taking an extra couple of touches to get onto his right foot. That’s going to slow us down. So while he’s an upgrade on what we have right now, I think he’s got a pretty firm ceiling.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I would take Soumare everyday over Bissouma. Firstly, Brighton are in a position where they don’t need to sell, so will try and get good payday. Secondly, Bissouma is very one footed, particularly compared to Soumare. He has a habit of taking an extra couple of touches to get onto his right foot. That’s going to slow us down. So while he’s an upgrade on what we have right now, I think he’s got a pretty firm ceiling.
You would take the lesser player who is playing in the lesser league because he is younger? I don’t understand why our fans love projects. We need players who done it in the pl and of good age. Not young prospect from foreign country. Anyway this guy will more than likely go to better club than us

Hinderz

You would take the lesser player who is playing in the lesser league because he is younger?
No, I would take Soumare for the reason I stated. Soumare has better technical ability. Compare their passing range with both feet. We also need good value when we buy and I don’t see Brighton letting Bissouma go cheaply.

English clubs aren’t as financially hard up as those on the continent who desperately need cash. So getting some champions league level players in cheaply makes sense to me for us at the moment

Last edited:

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
How's Guendouzi doing for Hertha?

I'd prefer to just bring him back into the fold, hopefully a little defensively wiser, and have him compete with Ceballos for the spot with Thomas in the pivot.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

No, I would take Soumare for the reason I stated. Soumare has better technical ability. Compare their passing range with both feet. We also need good value when we buy and I don’t see Brighton letting Bissouma go cheaply.

English clubs aren’t as financially hard up as those on the continent who desperately need cash. So getting some champions league level players in cheaply makes sense to me for us at the moment
From everything I read about the Lille midfielder. The people who watch him says he is overrated. He sounds like a guy who got a lot of hype when he came in but hasn’t progressed

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Go watch Soumare against Celtic last night. If that's who we are pinning our hopes on then be better getting Matteo back.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

From everything I read about the Lille midfielder. The people who watch him says he is overrated. He sounds like a guy who got a lot of hype when he came in but hasn’t progressed
This is my feeling as well. Have only seen him in a couple of games, but he’s not been anything special at all imo.

Hinderz

From everything I read about the Lille midfielder. The people who watch him says he is overrated.
He might be, I think that might be the case with Bissouma too. He’s a good player, but I’m not sure he has enough about him to be in a first team that keeps us in the top 4. If we get him, I hope I’m wrong.

Last edited:

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
You would take the lesser player who is playing in the lesser league because he is younger? I don’t understand why our fans love projects. We need players who done it in the pl and of good age. Not young prospect from foreign country. Anyway this guy will more than likely go to better club than us
This is the same mentality the club has. I guess it has rubbed off on some fans as well. Pool raided Southampton and look where they are now.

Legend14

Established Member
This is the same mentality the club has. I guess it has rubbed off on some fans as well. Pool raided Southampton and look where they are now.
I’ll take whatever real talent we can find. Artificial prerequisites only limit our talent pool. Both player have great potential.

Hinderz

You could engage with the actual concern I raised about Bissouma’s left foot, or you could do whatever generalisation this is. It reminds me of when we were sniffing around Torreira and a few people on here raised his stature as a potential issue in the PL and a lot of people got very defensive like that wouldn’t be an issue playing for Arsenal.

I have zero issue with us taking players from England. Having said that, the financial situation in France does give us a unique opportunity this January to get some good players on the cheap.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

He might be, I think that might be the case with Bissouma too. He’s a good player, but I’m not sure he has enough about him to be in a first team that keeps us in the top 4. If we get him, I hope I’m wrong.
I have watched several Brighton games. They can’t score to save their lives. But most matches they have outplayed opposition midfield and he is big reason to that. I really want us to have a solid dam next to partey and build the team from there. Teams are eating us up with superior athletes. Just the few games partey has played for us he has shown dynamics no one in our midfield is capable of. This makes huge difference

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
You could engage with the actual concern I raised about Bissouma’s left foot, or you could do whatever generalisation this is. It reminds me of when we were sniffing around Torreira and a few people on here raised his stature as a potential issue in the PL and a lot of people got very defensive like that wouldn’t be an issue playing for Arsenal.

I have zero issue with us taking players from England. Having said that, the financial situation in France does give us a unique opportunity this January to get some good players on the cheap.
Ok lets do that. Your only real concern is him being one footed. Does that mean he's a bad player? Yes he'll cost more but he's already proven in the league and wont need to adapt to the pace. We dont know if Soumare will. How many times recently has the cheaper option worked out for us? On one hand we want the club to pay up but not if it comes with the English premium? We passed up on Zaha for the cheaper option. How's that working out? For the record I like Pepe and think he would be way better if the overall team was better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom