• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yves Bissouma

Status
Not open for further replies.

OSBK

Established Member
I think you'll find pretty much every single Arsenal fan was pleased to sign Özil. What the majority aren't pleased with is what he has offered in the last 2 years! He's done and we need to move on!

No doubt but its not just Özil that has let us down the last 2 years. This is from players to the board and had it been right at the top. The whole club owes the fans for what we have had to put up with.

OSBK

Established Member
Bissouma and Partey would work more with another midfielder (not a 10) in with them, I think they're a bit too similar or would look to do the same role in a double pivot and I'm not sure how effective it'd be unless one of them adapts their game and tries to be a 6.

Anyways a better question is this, is there ANY serious links to this guy because his thread is always active but I'm not seeing many credible links here.

I think and hope the way people would look at a midfield is with biss and partey we wouldnt need to buy elite cb's at silly prices. With a strong midfield we could get the pressure off devolping cb and let them develop. It also means we can let the youth properly off the leash.

As a route forward its the most logical, it doesnt have to be biss but someone of that mould. Petit and patrick combo

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
I really don't see the appeal of this guy. I'd rather bring back Guen and go all in for Buen.

Guen and Buen to rock the Partey!

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
In this market conditions £50m is fair price. go and get him now. he is absolute beast.

Really though, why can't we find someone similar before they blow up We can't afford t keep making these signings

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Really rate this guy, but yesterday was just another example of how much we are lacking up front. We've dropped so many points now this season because our forwards can't break the deadlock, it's a massive problem.

We need to spend the whole budget on forwards, especially a CF, AM and LW.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Really rate this guy, but yesterday was just another example of how much we are lacking up front. We've dropped so many points now this season because our forwards can't break the deadlock, it's a massive problem.

I actually don't think the forwards were that much at fault. When you have two totally unathletic CMs they have to sit deep to not get transitioned in and countered. This is what happened yesterday with our CBs also deep. That meant ESR and Lacazette were distant to the rest of the spine and our wingers were out wide to provide options for passing for our poor fullbacks.

All that means if you stay compact and central as Palace did it's easy to defend against.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Have you noticed that when we hit a long ball, and the defence heads it 10 yards back into midfield, we never win the second ball, because our midfield literally has no legs. Or how about when we face a low block, our midfield cant carry the ball forward or even step forward to receive between the lines to create space for our front line because they cant dribble.

We need a left back and a central midfielder this window.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I actually don't think the forwards were that much at fault. When you have two totally unathletic CMs they have to sit deep to not get transitioned in and countered. This is what happened yesterday with our CBs also deep. That meant ESR and Lacazette were distant to the rest of the spine and our wingers were out wide to provide options for passing for our poor fullbacks.

All that means if you stay compact and central as Palace did it's easy to defend against.

To be fair it's hard for the best teams against Palace, let alone us. They have the perfect players to sit in and counter, so it was always going to be tight. It would have been very hard no matter what formation we played.

I think on the whole the defence and midfield did well to limit them on transition, but in games like that you really need one of your "star" players to step up and be counted and produce a moment of real quality, and we just don't get that from our forwards, it's a massive issue.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Have you noticed that when we hit a long ball, and the defence heads it 10 yards back into midfield, we never win the second ball, because our midfield literally has no legs. Or how about when we face a low block, our midfield cant carry the ball forward or even step forward to receive between the lines to create space for our front line because they cant dribble.

We have Partey coming back who should give us that. And we can use Saka as an emergency left back, which isn't ideal, but we have far far great needs in this team that a back up left back, especially when finances are tight.

Scoring goals is the most important aspect of football, and we just don't score enough. Now people can go on about Arteta not being able to coach an attack, that may be true, but when do you start looking at the actual players. Pep Guardiola has said in the past that his job is getting the team in the final third, but at the end of the day it's on the forwards to show some quality and score a goal.

We desperately need a CF, AM and wide player.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
I would prefer Ndidi if we are looking for this kind of players. And we definitely need a creative midfield as well. If we are not going to get a CB then convert Xhaka to one. He did very good covertures last game, he is getting better in positioning himself and has good reading of game. He is vocal and strong with good long pass.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member

NEVER! Fvcking frustrating

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Really though, why can't we find someone similar before they blow up We can't afford t keep making these signings
We just f*ck them up, it’s pointless - we are just not that club. They need to come ready or it’s Hertha Berlin.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
In this market conditions £50m is fair price. go and get him now. he is absolute beast.

You want to pay 50m for Bissouma, more than we paid for Partey for a less established player? Also the market is depressed, I wouldn't be paying much more than 30m for Bissouma tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom