• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yves Bissouma

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Do you think Joan Jordan would be a good partner for Partey?
I dunno. I think he's a good player but he's another 6. I'd like a player more in Ceballos' style but obviously without the huge mental errors. I dunno who could be that in football at the moment... Bellingham would probably be the ideal partner in terms of type. But in terms of realistic targets I have no idea, but Jordan I don't think would be it. Canales is a player I like as an 8, but a Thomas-Canales-Ødegaard 3 is too offensive, and Canales would surely suffer a similar learning curve with important errors defensively as a 6 in England. Maybe Thomas-Canales-ESR midfield 3 could work. Fabián would be a good fit but probably too expensive for what he is, de Laurentis is a tough customer. Thomas-Aouar-ESR maybe...? Again, probably a bit unbalanced still.

Partey can ball. The problem is that he isn't balling with Koke, Saul, Lemar and Hernandez anymore, but instead Xhaka, El Nenny and Ceballos.
?? Lemar wasn't even a factor at all during Thomas' time with Atléti. Saúl has been disappeared for a bit now. Koke is a good player but we're not talking about Thiago or Gundögan there either. Thomas played in an ultra defensive set-up with Cholo (duh). It's very weird to make out Thomas' issues to be about team effects...if anything the argument would go the other way, that now that more creativity and decisions are being asked of him he's struggling. I'm not making that argument, mind, he can do better than he has this season, but he's not suddenly looking like less of the footballer you all made him out to be with the big hype machine because he's all of a sudden playing in a more positive, possession-based style, where more is asked of him on the ball, lol.

The fact is Thomas is not a b2b as has been made out strangely on this forum for a long time. He's got decent ball carrying abilities but he is not a creative player nor a player with a special passing range. He's a good passer and a very good dribbler / has very good press resistance (important to describe dribbling personalities-- Thomas' is that of press resistance, of maintaining possession with moderate progressions through the middle--that's why he has such an effective dribbling success rate. But it's not the personality of a Pogba / Diaby or even Ceballos', that of taking on people through the middle and making incisive or very offensive progressions for the sake of breaking down the defense). But his personality as a player is, just as it was at Atléti, very much that of a 5 (for us in Spain, 6 for you in England). He was never the b2b he was made out to be, probably not out of watching him really but out of watching youtube videos and getting carried away with the hype.

Hence he and Bissouma are rather redundant. They are both 5s that are best sitting and are very useful in the build-up in the middle third but are best paired with a 6 / 8.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

If we want a player like Bissouma we could try someone like Leicesters CDM Ndidi from Argentina. He's not the worst player & he'd help Partey a bit. Partey could be a B2B midfielder then Ndidi could stay back a fair bit in front of our back 4.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Hopefully his boys Pepe and Gabriel have warned him and he makes the best move for his career, instead of coming here and being blamed by The Athletic/AFTV for Arteta ball.

A whole Partey is already started to look funky, he should take heed.
funny because Pepe having his best season here under Mikel the newbie.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
If we want a player like Bissouma we could try someone like Leicesters CDM Ndidi from Argentina. He's not the worst player & he'd help Partey a bit. Partey could be a B2B midfielder then Ndidi could stay back a fair bit in front of our back 4.

an150311974yessentuki-russi.jpg

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I like Ndidi too, and he could certainly play with Partey, but Leicester would fleece us. They don’t let players go for cheap. They’re certainly much more shrewd than we are, plus unless there’s a huge wage top up for Ndidi, why would he want to take a step down to us… there, I said it :(

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Where did I get Argentina from sorry hahaha, I meant Nigeria lol.

Bloodbather

Established Member

People are severely under rating a fully fit in form Parteys passing ability.
Thomas' stand-out attribute offensively was never his creativity, it was his ball progression. He can dribble with the ball or play forward passes to creative players. Creativity has never been his game. Different physical build and approach to the game, but he essentially plays the same role Kanté does.

Bloodbather

Established Member

I like Ndidi too, and he could certainly play with Partey, but Leicester would fleece us. They don’t let players go for cheap. They’re certainly much more shrewd than we are, plus unless there’s a huge wage top up for Ndidi, why would he want to take a step down to us… there, I said it :(
Love Ndidi, but he's a single pivot in a 4-3-3 type of player. His fit with Thomas would be pretty wonky, even more so than Bissouma. With Bissouma at least you get two ball progressors in a double pivot, which can work if you have a proper #10 and creative wingers ahead of them.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

FIFA I often sign Ndidi to partner with Partey, this allows Partey to play more B2B with Ndidi as the proper DM on FIFA manager mode, your right about the price though, I've often got to pay over 60 but often swapping Xhaka aswell gets me him for less haha. Bissouma would be a good 2nd choice to Ndidi I'd presume though.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
If we really interested we need to move quick specially if he already open to come here.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Very good player, but i still don't see what he would offer us unless its an alternative to Partey. Essentially, they are both the same player.

If we have them both side by side, yes it might make us a little more assured defensively, but it won't help our attacking play at all. We'll still have nobody running off the ball from midfield, breaking lines, scoring goals.

I'm still in two minds about this potential signing tbh.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Lool how did you come to this conclusion from that tweet? We are much more likely to sign the cheaper option from Betis
We haven't operated like this in a while, thats so 2013. Nowadays we sometimes get overly expensive players rather than plugging gaps.

Bissouma at £30m is an extremely realistic signing, it just gets ruined by Afcon and also depends on the competition we get for his signature if we are interested.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

We haven't operated like this in a while, thats so 2013. Nowadays we sometimes get overly expensive players rather than plugging gaps.

Bissouma at £30m is an extremely realistic signing, it just gets ruined by Afcon and also depends on the competition we get for his signature if we are interested.

He won’t be gone that long for AFCON imo.

Plays for one of the worst teams and there’s a couple of FA Cup games and the winter break in that time period as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom