• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yves Bissouma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Guess you have never watched Pirlo, Xavi, Cazorla, Verrati and Co?
The best Cms always seem to be slow as ****.
None of those guys were the Dms in their team and had legs around them. Xavi probably played in the best club team ever

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
None of those guys were the Dms in their team and had legs around them. Xavi probably played in the best club team ever

Yeah players like Alonso were terrifyingly quick, swore he would've beaten Bolt at the the olympics but didnt want to show everyone up. Everyone knows if you can run a sub 10 seconds 100m sprint you've no business being a defensive midfielder.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Yeah players like Alonso were terrifyingly quick, swore he would've beaten Bolt at the the olympics but didnt want to show everyone up. Everyone knows if you can run a sub 10 seconds 100m sprint you've no business being a defensive midfielder.
Xavi, Pirlo and Alonso. 3 of the best cmon in their generation. Ruben not xhaka is close to that

Jae

Speed is such an overrated quality. 90% of the best midfield players that you'll have seen in the PL over the years aren't quick. I'd rather have a player with footballing intelligence who reads the game.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

And Bissouma is close Alonso because hes not slow? :lol:

Edit: the point is being quick or slow doesn't dictate a good or bad mdifielder.
If you have two players same level. The quicker player is more useful. It’s like basketball. No one says you have to be 6’10. But a 6’10 player is always gonna be better than a 6’4 with same talent level. So unles neves is a level above bissouma talent wise. He ain’t better player and the pace and athleticism tilt it towards bissouma. He has had better season and is simply rated higher by most football fans for a reason. If I said a month ago bissouma or neves most would say bissouma. It seems now neves is likely some people want to convince themselves he is better than he actually is

Lebron

Speed is such an overrated quality. 90% of the best midfield players that you'll have seen in the PL over the years aren't quick. I'd rather have a player with footballing intelligence who reads the game.
People need to realise this. I watched Man City vs Brighton and I’ll quickly say first City were down to 10 men.
Lallana and Bissouma were partners and City started to press looking for goals. 33 year old Lallana was in complete control of the game for Brighton, City midfielders could not handle him at all and gave up trying to press, his composure, close control and passing was at an elite level compared to Bissouma who just looked basic.

I felt like watching Arsenal we have tried to dominate games but ultimately purely from a skill level we don’t have the midfielders to get away with this style. Too many loose passes under pressure.

I’m not too fussed about these DM type players, Partey can play that role for us, we absolutely need to find a Cazorla.

Our best midfield pairing even though they hardly played any games for me was Coquelin-Cazorla.

Bernardo Silva from City would be a player worth really going for. Worth going to 40-50m easily. Can play multiple positions like Cazorla. A backup DM we don’t need to spend 40m on, you can find a talent and develop them behind Partey.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Speed is not overrated. It does depend on the position and the playing style though. For example, Kante is an elite DM. Why? Because he’s quicker than most midfielders and cover grass very quickly and intensely. For him, speed matters. I would argue the most overrated quality is experience.

Lebron

Speed is not overrated. It does depend on the position and the playing style though. For example, Kante is an elite DM. Why? Because he’s quicker than most midfielders and cover grass very quickly and intensely. For him, speed matters. I would argue the most overrated quality is experience.
But I think that’s a bit different in Chelsea’s setup because they have creativity through their wingbacks and not through their midfielders. Kovacic and Kante have to cover space. If we were to play with wingbacks I would go for Partey-Bissouma at the base to cover the spaces the wingbacks leave.

Jakarta

Angry Season 3 GIF by The Office

Jabintendo

I guess he is a backup option then and we are looking at other midfield targets since we are also looking to sign White from Brighton who is at euros and no mention of Bissouma who is on holiday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom