• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Zagallo: "Duration of a match should be longer"

air

This is just about the craziest thing I've ever read. I found it on Finnish teletext (MTV3) and it reads:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
According to Brazilian coaching legend Mario Zagallo, the length of a football match should be increased to two hours instead of the current 90 minutes.

"We cannot enlarge the size of the pitch, so the duration of a match should be increased. As players get tired there would be more space on the pitch and we would see more football", said Zagallo.

The World Cup-winning coach's opinion is in strong contrast to recent discussion on top class players' health.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't quite know what to say about this.

Ratinho

Established Member
The man's senile.

This is the single most cretinous thing I have ever read in terms of football, alongside the bloody yanks (no offence, just singling out the nutters with the upcoming idea) wanting to make the goals bigger.

Are there not enough games already without increasing the duration by a third each game? Sheesh.

*waits for some prat to come in and say it's a good idea*

A.Hussain

nah, the game is good the way it already is. i actually do not like the silver goal system. the golden goal keeps the thrill better.

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
Bloody hell I get home late enough after a midweek game as it is!

If it was up to him I'd have to set off for the next game before I've got home from the last one...

Canuck

Established Member
Being Canadian most of my friends and aquaintances are not fans of Football or *sigh* "soccer" *groan* (as it's affectionately known in North America)
In fact my boss has made it quite clear that he feels that the game would be much improved if they either cut the field in half, or put out twice as many players on the field. What is wrong with people?
Cretins is right...the game is pretty much perfect the way it is...pretty much.
:wink:

Ratinho

Established Member
In fact my boss has made it quite clear that he feels that the game would be much improved if they either cut the field in half, or put out twice as many players on the field.

:D :shock: :) :roll:

Tell him he's a genius, and he should pitch the idea to Sepp Blatter.

Or if they wore armour, very tight pants and ran into each other for a couple of hours? That sounds good.................

TIFANNY

Quote:
In fact my boss has made it quite clear that he feels that the game would be much improved if they either cut the field in half, or put out twice as many players on the field.

Tell him he's a genius, and he should pitch the idea to Sepp Blatter.

Or if they wore armour, very tight pants and ran into each other for a couple of hours? That sounds good.................

:D

Top Bottom