• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Zak Ansah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abs

Established Member
Its been known for a while that he's a manc ****. i hope he never makes it as a pro fotballer

Del Boy

Established Member
P_Gunner said:
Hope its not true... the kid is really talented. If it is true its time to ship him off to Barca - they had wanted him not too long ago I believe.
I think you mean Benik Afobe. I doubt Barca would want this other kid. More like Halifax Town.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
AnthonyG said:
Klaus Daimler said:
AnthonyG said:
Can barely read a damned word of it anyway. Depressing.
It fits in with the whole "United fan" thing, I'll give you that. It still looks like the work of a troll to me, though. Nobody could be that stupid.
I meant depressing in terms of the language and what's been done to it there.
Yeah, I know what you meant (I was making a joke at the expense of United's fans) and I agree. Chocking stuff.

Del Boy said:
It is very well known this lad is a huge United fan and why anyone would make this up is beyond me.
To wind up and unsettle people? That's usually how those things work, and judging by the reactions so far it's been successful. Fair enough if it's really him, but it just doesn't seem credible to me.

Del Boy

Established Member
I think he has just tossed his career with us down the pan really. I think he should be released straight away but I doubt the club will be so strict.

This sort of thing is even worse than drunken misbehaviour. The main thing is fans don't forget this stuff. So if by some miracle he happens to make the first team he certainly won't be cherished by the supporters.

In a way I suppose it is good we find out he is a prick now then find out in another 5 years like with Bentley and Cashley.

Swish

Established Member
I have to agree with those saying that the spelling and grammar does appear to be something that someone around his age (and intelligence) would write. It's sad, but I seem to be on cusp of the generation that knew how to spell as it died out to be replaced by the generation that write exams in txt lngage n tlk lik dis newher day kan*. It's depressing to think that in 40 years time, these idiots will be running the country.

* Was using it as an example, don't demote me :shock:

Nela

Established Member
Random question I've been wondering about for a while....

Why do so many English people find it difficult to pronounces the "th" sound in english? I understand why it would be difficult for people of other native tongues, but it seems like English people particulary(as opposed to Canadians, Australians and even Americans) have such difficulty with it.

Whenever I hear them interviewed half the English footballers out there seem to stick in a d, t or even f sound instead of the "th" sound.

"Youf Cup" I mean, why?

Is it a dialect thing? A regional thing? I'm genuinly curious.

Ron Burgundy

Established Member
Nela said:

Why do so many English people find it difficult to pronounces the "th" sound in english? I understand why it would be difficult for people of other native tongues, but it seems like English people particulary(as opposed to Canadians, Australians and even Americans) have such difficulty with it.

Whenever I hear them interviewed half the English footballers out there seem to stick in a d, t or even f sound instead of the "th" sound.

"Youf Cup" I mean, why?

David Beckham has never thought anything. He's fought a few things, though.

Del Boy

Established Member
I really think it is real. Most Arsenal fans wouldn't have even heard of this guy so to think someone would make a fake page about him is a bit far fetched IMO.

IBL

Established Member
Nela said:

"Youf Cup" I mean, why?

its a youth street slang thing, quite * if you ask me.

CKD39

Established Member
Nela said:

"Youf Cup" I mean, why?

Yes.

yuvken

Established Member
I would really want to see a video, or even a photo of this person celebrating a utd goal in front of his arsenal mates. Spelling? duh.. this makes me worry about other things. Scary.

outlaw_member

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
i'd be more concerned about his grasp of basic grammar and the english language...

I'd be more concerned that you think such throw away (in the sense that it's not really supposed to be coherent) comments are an indication of his intelligence. I don't speak much differently to people like him in real life

In regards to Zak Ansah, it is disrespectful of him, although I can't imagine that I would react much differently had I been a United youth player and they had just lost to Arsenal. Especially, considering that Ansah will undoubtedly have faced ALOT of stick for being a Manc, especially as he is growing up in North London amongst Gooners. I'd say that people are looking far too much into this but then again, I'm not the least bit surprised.

Swish

Established Member
It's a lazy, can't be bothered to pronouce words thing.

I've tried to teach my brother how to say 'three' many a times. It used to sound like 'free', when he tries, it sounds like 'tra-free'. I gave up ages ago. He's 18 months younger than me and did the whole 'iz it cuz i is black?' stage. To which he got told to shut up by me and my mother.

Anyway, Klaus, he is a prime example of current lobby members, I won't name names, but I can assure you that this kid has claimed he is English (Black English, not that it makes a difference, white English teens are just as lazy) and judging by his spelling and thought process, he could be between the ages of 12 and 18. It really is that hard to pinpoint nowadays.

i tnk he gets his power from his permed hair maybe if we could get someone to cut his hair he would not score againsgt us on sunday then gallas and vermanlen could handle his phycical presence what you think jason i'd like your imput on this

Welcome to the age of where 'Dickins' is considered an innuendo for a threes-up or a beating.

Del Boy

Established Member
Strange though that he isn't a "Manc" per say. He is just one of the thousands of Londoners who have "fallen in love" with Manyoo!

Nothing to do with the trophies of course! :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom