• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Zak Ansah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swish

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
kel varnsen said:
i'd be more concerned about his grasp of basic grammar and the english language...

I'd be more concerned that you think such throw away (in the sense that it's not really supposed to be coherent) comments are an indication of his intelligence. I don't speak much differently to people like him in real life

In regards to Zak Ansah, it is disrespectful of him, although I can't imagine that I would react much differently had I been a United youth player and they had just lost to Arsenal. Especially, considering that Ansah will undoubtedly have faced ALOT of stick for being a Manc, especially as he is growing up in North London amongst Gooners. I'd say that people are looking far too much into this but then again, I'm not the least bit surprised.
The jumping up and down at them scoring is not what concearns me, it's the blatent disregard and lack of utter respect to the Arsenal fans in his comments on facebook. To speak so low of the people who pay his ridiculously high wage each week is an insult that can only be levered by being sacked tomorrow morning, if they are indeed true.

Del Boy

Established Member
One of the main mispronunciations is thrill or thrills.

Always called "Frills".

Abs

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
kel varnsen said:
i'd be more concerned about his grasp of basic grammar and the english language...

I'd be more concerned that you think such throw away (in the sense that it's not really supposed to be coherent) comments are an indication of his intelligence. I don't speak much differently to people like him in real life

In regards to Zak Ansah, it is disrespectful of him, although I can't imagine that I would react much differently had I been a United youth player and they had just lost to Arsenal. Especially, considering that Ansah will undoubtedly have faced ALOT of stick for being a Manc, especially as he is growing up in North London amongst Gooners. I'd say that people are looking far too much into this but then again, I'm not the least bit surprised.

You are seeing from the wrong perpective. he's 16 year old boy that has been with us few years now. i started to support Arsenal when i was years old. im 26 now. I like many here dreamt about becoming a fotballer, and if man u came in for me when i was 14, I would support Arsenals first team to beat their first team....why should I? They are the ones who take care of me and gave me a chance. Also how can a boy thats 16 that has been with us for years and been taking care of has so little regards for what we have done for us? he sounds rutten to me and I would release him straight away. or just keep him knowing he's not gonna make it and release him when he's 20 and say f"ck off you **** lover

outlaw_member

Established Member
Swish said:
I have to agree with those saying that the spelling and grammar does appear to be something that someone around his age (and intelligence) would write. It's sad, but I seem to be on cusp of the generation that knew how to spell as it died out to be replaced by the generation that write exams in txt lngage n tlk lik dis newher day kan*. It's depressing to think that in 40 years time, these idiots will be running the country.

* Was using it as an example, don't demote me :shock:

You obviously haven't seen Idiocracy. The world will be fine, I assure you. :D

True Gooner

Established Member
My eyes hurt..

Anyway, I can't be bothered to get worked up over this. Footballer or not he's just another brat ranting away on facebook - probably enjoying the attention as well.

Out of curiosity, is he any good?

outlaw_member

Established Member
Nela said:
Random question I've been wondering about for a while....

Why do so many English people find it difficult to pronounces the "th" sound in english? I understand why it would be difficult for people of other native tongues, but it seems like English people particulary(as opposed to Canadians, Australians and even Americans) have such difficulty with it.

Whenever I hear them interviewed half the English footballers out there seem to stick in a d, t or even f sound instead of the "th" sound.

"Youf Cup" I mean, why?

Is it a dialect thing? A regional thing? I'm genuinly curious.

It's both the dialect and region because I speak in the same way. It's like how Black American's often say 'Aks' instead of 'Ask'.

Accomplished

Established Member
Swish said:
. It's depressing to think that in 40 years time, these idiots will be running the country.

:

No they won't. my generation isn't much worse than every other generation, it might be a little worse, but it's not gonna be the end of the world. The fact is that the poor inner city kids have always been around, except now they have the internet and a soapbox to spout off from..

don't worry, this generation has its fair share of extremely smart people....

Rorz

Established Member
Oh dear... if this story is true then I can't see him being round much longer thankfully. Really very bizarre stuff!

... and "fort"?! That's probably the strangest dumbing down of a word I've ever seen. :shock:

I also agree with Accomplished, not all of us 15-21 year olds have such a poor grasp of things! I do feel like I'm in a minority sometimes though :|

outlaw_member

Established Member
Accomplished. There's also the fact that with every passing generation, the world advances that bit further in technology, science and whatever. Swish should just watch Idiocracy though, it will put an end to his fears.

Swish

Established Member
Loading it up now... (thanks to letmewatchthis dot com)

Will get an hour in before I need to sleep.

outlaw_member

Established Member
PM me with your thoughts and I've been meaning to ask you, have you been exiled from the Lobby? :p You seem to be around these parts quite often nowadays.

Illusion

Established Member
There is no excuse to talk like a ***** in modern day society.

Ask turned into Aks it's a big annoyance to me, how can anyone be so stupid as to pronounce ask in that way?

Something turned into Somethink or Somefink is just as bad. Everytime I see Supernanny on TV I get annoyed at her saying Somethink.

As for young Zak, he seems like a tool, but that's not uncommon amongst young English footballers. Most of the kids from my area who were good at football or 'made it' and became a pro were all disrespectful idiots in school.

Sporting talent is independent of social status (although the rich can afford to nurture it more than the poor). This is one of the beauties of football compared to other sports. Football bridges the class divide, it's just a shame that so many moronic and undeserving ****s get to be millionaires out of it, but that's the world we live in.

If I was a Man Utd or a Sp**s youth I'd hold respect for my employers and always try to do my best for them. A move to Arsenal might be my dream and I'd want them to win everything, but I'd also develop a sympathy and affection for my current team as well.

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
Idiocracy worried me. We need genetic engineering soon, otherwise we'll all end up dealing in monosyllables like the cretin that we're discussing (I don't know if it is the actual player or a sad person with too much time on their hands - don't really care either way).

Swish

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
PM me with your thoughts and I've been meaning to ask you, have you been exiled from the Lobby? :p You seem to be around these parts quite often nowadays.
Just waiting for it to buffer, the family tree beginning was a good start though :lol:

Not been exiled, no, just gotten bored to be honest. Too many WUM's and too many Davids looking for Goliaths (Forum Members) to take down. Bit beneath me really.

Besides, I helped half the buggers in here get promoted by bringing them to the attention of mods (including you actually, despite the many discussions/arguments we had :lol:), so it's good to see faces I haven't seen for ages.

dyeruz

Established Member
God if this is a rumour you could be potentially ruining a young man's life...you do know there are some psycho's out there who will take this **** seriously..all players support other clubs nothing new, so what if he supports Man U, god maybe he even smiled when they scored..now what you're going to boo the kid when he plays for us? ****ing hell.

Del Boy

Established Member
dyeruz said:
God if this is a rumour you could be potentially ruining a young man's life...you do know there are some psycho's out there who will take this s**t seriously..all players support other clubs nothing new, so what if he supports Man U, god maybe he even smiled when they scored..now what you're going to boo the kid when he plays for us? f****g hell.

:lol:

Are you drunk? Or is that a serious post?

Nobody gives a **** that he supports Manure and there is little chance of him ever becoming a first team regular.

Darren Bent was fined for comments on Twitter that were nowhere near as bad as this.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
I think dyeruz is referring to the fact that no one has yet showed proof that it is the real Ansah. It's a view I symphatise with to be honest. One can only imagine the **** he'll get for this in the shape of phone threats, bricks through windows, angry mobs outside his house, harassment in school and public places... Looking past your deeply insulted Arsenal soul for a moment, all I see so far is accusations and anecdotal evidence. We're talking about a sixteen year-old kid here. Don't be so prone to light up the torches and sharpen the hayforks. He'll be dealt with by the club accordingly if it's really true, as you'd expect him to be at any regular workplace.

Swish

Established Member
CKD39 said:
It's just your monthly Swish vs The Lobby.
Seeing as you're in here not instigating them, how could it be? :wink:

Outie, this is one mega messed up film :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom