• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Zak Ansah

Status
Not open for further replies.

qs

Established Member
Nela said:
Random question I've been wondering about for a while....

Why do so many English people find it difficult to pronounces the "th" sound in english? I understand why it would be difficult for people of other native tongues, but it seems like English people particulary(as opposed to Canadians, Australians and even Americans) have such difficulty with it.

Whenever I hear them interviewed half the English footballers out there seem to stick in a d, t or even f sound instead of the "th" sound.

"Youf Cup" I mean, why?

Is it a dialect thing? A regional thing? I'm genuinly curious.

Its just an accent. Its a good thing, it adds a bit of character to a person.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
I don't care whether he is 14, or how talented. If he is a die hard united fan and can't be arsed playing for us then he should jolly well fk off and disappear from our club.

Some things he said there was beyond disgusting.

Del Boy

Established Member
qs said:
If its not real it'd be very easy for him to go to a coach and tell them he wants to clear the air. If theres no word from him then I'd have to assume this is real.

Theres no problem with one of our players supporting United IMO, that happens all the time, these guys have a job and they can't all do it for the club they support. The problem here is a complete lack of respect for Arsenal. Therefore this illiterate ***** can f**k off out of this great club.
Agreed, exactly what I wanted to say. The team he supports is nothing to do with it really. Of course ideally we would all love life long Gooners that would stay loyal to the club. But back in the reality of modern football that just will never happen. I mean Ramsey is a big United fan and his idol was Giggs. Yet he rejected them and is playing here and loving his football,team mates and the club.

It is about respect to the club and supporters. Some of those comments are way over the line.

outlaw_member

Established Member
The fact that he is only 15 makes this thread that much more farcical. The only evidence anyone has here is his Facebook page which is a social networking site for crying out loud. It's not a site intended to indicate your coherency whereby people write essays to show us on A-M just how intelligent they are, but rather where people young and old have fun and meet others. He is a Man Utd fan and he is indubitably happy that his team won and he's just throwing it back in the faces of those who in all likelihood took the piss out of his beloved club. They are comments on a social networking site for christ sake, not his reaction to a tabled offer by United, or comments made in a national neaspaper, or actions committed on national television. You've got some people here saying that he should be sold, whilst others are stating how much more articulate they are then him. What moral standings and obligations were you geniuses taught at 14 and so actively happy to carry out?

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
Firstly, to those who say that it must be real because he isn't well known - well it could be someone he has pissed off or went to school with or a jealous ex teammate. Lets not start a witch hunt just yet.

If it is true, he obviously needs a stern talking too and a firm warning about his future conduct. Some of the things I did at his age make me cringe so I'm not too bothered about this to be honest.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Exactly, he is 15 years old and I guarandamntee you that we all did something incredibly stupid at that age. The fact that he is a footballer does not make him any less likely to act unaccording.

Accomplished

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
The fact that he is only 15 makes this thread that much more farcical. The only evidence anyone has here is his Facebook page which is a social networking site for crying out loud. It's not a site intended to indicate your coherency whereby people write essays to show us on A-M just how intelligent they are, but rather where people young and old have fun and meet others. He is a Man Utd fan and he is indubitably happy that his team won and he's just throwing it back in the faces of those who in all likelihood took the piss out of his beloved club. They are comments on a social networking site for christ sake, not his reaction to a tabled offer by United, or comments made in a national neaspaper, or actions committed on national television. You've got some people here saying that he should be sold, whilst others are stating how much more articulate they are then him. What moral standings and obligations were you geniuses taught at 14 and so actively happy to carry out?

Sorry but I disagree. His sentences, and his spelling, are barely coherent. He can't spell basic words. It's not like he's saying "your" instead of "you're" he just not getting simple words right. How you talk to your peers, is essentially how you talk, and reflects how you communicate.

Saying that we should judge him instead on how he talks to a newspaper isn't right IMO. It's the exact opposite, because everything he says publicly will be filtered and not reflect his character.

I guess what I'm saying is that you find out a person's true character from how he speaks to his friends on facebook, not through a newspaper.

Oh, you went from 15 to 14 when you were making a point, let's not pretend he's just a little kid. This is GCSE age is it not?

Look, I know that this way of talking, and this kid in general, isn't exactly rare. It's very common, but that doesn't make it completely moronic IMO.

ibby

Established Member
Accomplished said:
I guess what I'm saying is that you find out a person's true character from how he speaks to his friends on facebook, not through a newspaper.

Not true. You can't find out anything unless you know him in person.

Oh, you went from 15 (a year below his actual age) to 14 when you were making a point, let's not pretend he's just a little kid. There's a lot of stuff you can do when you're 16, and you aren't going to change drastically by the time you're 18.

Yes you are.

Look, I know that this way of talking, and this kid in general, isn't exactly rare. It's very common, but that doesn't make it completely moronic IMO.

Of course, I think everyone in this thread realises it's moronic, but his age needs to be taken into account. I mean the guy hasn't even sat his GCSE's yet. I remember the things I got up to in high school... :wink:

Accomplished

Established Member
ibby said:
Accomplished said:

Not true. You can't find out anything unless you know him in person.

hmmm. I guess, but to be honest, I think facebook is a very good indicator of someone's character, or, at least, I've found it to be from my use of it.

I dunno, initially I didn't really care that much about this, I just wanted to give him a slap on the wrist and tell him to get in line and have some respect. Then this whole thread turned into an intelligence debate and it got quite interesting....

outlaw_member

Established Member
Accomplished. He wasn't writing an essay. He wasn't writing a piece to indicate his level of coherency. He is writing his thoughts on a social networking site where people talk about all sorts of **** and in any manner that pleases them. The fact he's being judged on comments made on a networking site is utterly laughable. People are coming to all sorts of conclusions based on many throw-away comments, which for all we know is in retaliation to those who laughed at him prior to the game. When I was at a similar age, I also joined a networking site called Face-pic. Going by your suggestion, you would have judged my competence by what I wrote in my profile and what not and made conclusions like most people on here are doing. You wouldn't have found much difference between the level of coherency on my networking page to Ansah's but imagine how inaccurate you would have been to guage my intelligence off that.

People's character and opinions outside of their work shouldn't affect their jobs, unless there is a direct conflict between the two. There are millions of people who have qualms with their jobs but continue doing it, just like Ansah. Just because they happen to state their hatred for it after hours, or state their favouritism towards a rival does not mean that they should be condemned. The only evidence against Ansah indicates that he is a Man Utd fan who isn't afraid to dish out at his rival Arsenal fans. The only real criticism you could have is that he should be more respectful to his employers and that is all. That's also not to say that he disrespectful because for all we know he is a well behaved player who respects his coaches and peers.

You can't make judgements on people based on a networking page, especially when it's not supposed to be all that serious. You just can't and the fact that people are is downright ridiculous.

Del Boy

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
The only evidence against Ansah states that he is a Man Utd fan who isn't afraid to dish out at Arsenal fans.

And who pays his wages? Arsenal fans that pay 60 quid to watch the team at the Emirates. You think he can continue to lambast our fans and have a future at the club?

If he continues this sort of behaviour and eventually plays in a meaningful match of some sort then the abuse from the fans will be off the charts. And as we seen with Megson at Bolton if they fans voice their opinions loud enough then eventually they will be listened to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom