• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Zel Time has come

Status
Not open for further replies.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

yuvken said:
2. I don't think people are busy saying he'll be a star - even I (one of the main hype culprits) didn't imply that. We are just talking about the amazing talent, at this point.

Sorry to jump in here, but I'll have to respectfully beg to differ. In the first post you said:

"doubt that this is something big? I don't."

Perhaps Im just reading it wrong and you meant big as in big talent, in that case my apologies.

I do think he is talented but Im not excited yet, not because I don't want to see big talent succeed, but because of what has happened in the past and you know as well as I do there are so many factors that culminate in creating a successful football player. Take someone like Reyes, who had alot of talent (was compared to Ronaldo at the time), and even showcased his class in the first team! Yet he did not succeed.

Gedion is a very talented player by the looks of things and I really hope he becomes big in the future (hopefully not too distant), but he is a long way away right now, so I hope he keeps working to nurture that wonderufl ability.

yuvken

Established Member
dka91 said:
you said:
"doubt that this is something big? I don't."
Perhaps Im just reading it wrong and you meant big as in big talent, in that case my apologies.
No need to apologize, but if you suspected that might be what I meant in the first place, and then you heard me clearly say that that is indeed what I meant, why pursue this further? (and "talent" is indeed what I meant. One who said he's already powerful, big and strong is John Cross, not I :mrgreen: )
I Im not excited yet... because of what has happened in the past ... there are so many factors that culminate in creating a successful football player.
I think we're all well aware of that, and it was mentioned several times already.
Gedion is a very talented player by the looks of things and I really hope he becomes big in the future (hopefully not too distant), but he is a long way away right now, so I hope he keeps working to nurture that wonderufl ability.
I actually agree with you. Where did you say again we had a problem? :)

Cruisio

Established Member
Said I only needed one more look at him

He'll make it here, i'm fairly confident of that and I wouldn't be surprised if he was pushed into the first team squad sooner rather than later

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Another good game from him he is very calm passing the ball very well, i hope Wenger give him a chance against Japanese clubs cuz they are much stronger.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Very young but did show some very good glimpses of what he can potentially do. Not going to get overly excited though at this stage.

yuvken

Established Member
Missed the game today, what happened? how was our extremely hyped no good Zellington?

Buhry

Established Member

He looks very talented, good control and composed on the ball, and looks to have very good vision and eye for a final pass ala a young cesc.

Needs to bulk up a bit and become more powerful but he's 16 so no shock there, but he looks very promising, and I don't usually say that about many of our youngsters.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
He's special! Aesthetically pleasing playing style too, and the weight on his passes are top quality.. Will be involved with the first team regularly by the time he's 18. I'm buying the hype on this kid, get the same feeling around him as you get watching a young Cesc/Wilshere.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
yuvken said:
Missed the game today, what happened? how was our extremely hyped no good Zellington?

Composed performance, made a few great passes. Gave a brilliant pre-assist to Akpom's 2nd for the 5-0, kid has great vision and serious end product for someone who's just 16. If he develops at a decent rate and/or has no major setbacks he'll be a starter for the first team in due time, have virtually no doubts about it.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Some exciting performances so far, hopefully he can replicate this at CC level (as he undoubtedly will be playing that next year) and kick on from there.

Chappers

Based on the the games in Asia he's our 2nd best passer after Cazorla. The weight of his passes were of the highest quality. He is nowhere near ready physically though so he'll need to improve on that front but what fantastic execution this lad has.

Impact

Established Member
Zelalem looks special! I hope he can push on, we have seen countless talented youngsters fail to make the grade after promising starts.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
The pre-assist to Akpom was what he's all about. Like a knife through butter. You get the impression he'll deliver at least one pass like that per game. So unselfish too. Playing the game like an old hand.

yuvken

Established Member
jones said:
Composed performance, made a few great passes. Gave a brilliant pre-assist to Akpom's 2nd for the 5-0, kid has great vision and serious end product for someone who's just 16. If he develops at a decent rate and/or has no major setbacks he'll be a starter for the first team in due time, have virtually no doubts about it.
Thanx, J. I like that talk :) . Watch it, you'll be black listed if you keep it up.

Sounds like our boy continues where he left off last time. From now on I just hope he doesn't get injured. I actually wish he'll slow down his progress - will serve him better long term.

Also if this continues we'd actually need to consider a good word for Mr Wenger... maybe he can still unearth something good from nowhere? no? it was all Karbasiyoon's work? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom